Page 14 of 297 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So, got my first Auraxium medal, I really wish it was more than just :"here take some certs" thingie as a reward.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Look forward to shooting you again in the future ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Look forward to shooting you again in the future ;D
    I do love friendly competition.

In order to start laying the foundation for a proper metagame, we've been putting a lot of thought into continent locking. There are a lot of little snags and details still to work out, but the basic idea at the moment looks something like this:Add the ability to capture a Warpgate.
    This is accomplished by taking over all adjacent territory.
    You won't be able tor take over an Empire's final Warpgate. This restriction would go away if we ever pursue adding Sanctuaries.
    Once a single Empire controls all territory on a continent, the continent enters a "locked" state:
    All enemy units are removed from the continent and spawn in at an available Warpgate.
    The continent can not be entered/attacked by enemy units for a period of time.
    Opinions ?

Source
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...5#post-1210359

That would seem like a good idea, making people pay attention to your continent lock, but there's one big problem at the moment, and that's population caps on the other continents. Imagine your faction losing two continents at virtually the same time, suddenly the remaining continent has the handle the entire population. You could easily end up just stuck in a queue (no fun) or by capturing a continent you could be left unable to get to a continent with some action (hey guys, we won Esamir, now we can just stand here looking cool for 30 mins).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seem to remember seeing a discussion about this idea where it was suggested that it might only work once they had introduced more continents, so there was always somewhere to go. Perhaps giving an additional bonus would make it seem more worthwhile, like a small (5%?) xp bonus to the conquerers while the lock was up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Just read this as I was having my morning coffee...

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/301171434917621761
    If you've had a chance to check out the infantry rendering adjustments we have on Indar for Miller&Connery today, what do you think?
    Matthew Higby (@mhigby)

???
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-02-2013 at 06:01 AM.

And from the forums:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...awesome.92953/

"Sorry to hear about your poor experience yesterday. HIgby tweeted earlier that Miller and Connery, as of this afternoon, are running with an increased render distance. You can see infantry at TI Alloys from the Crown. It's incredible."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ooh fancy... but i like how people think the rendering distances is a FPS issue for low range computers. I guess they managed to optimize the server code a lot or found more hardware somewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh, did they do that on Miller as well? Only noticed the announcement for Connery. I'd love to have a look at that. Indar it is tonight, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Ooh fancy... but i like how people think the rendering distances is a FPS issue for low range computers. I guess they managed to optimize the server code a lot or found more hardware somewhere.
    From what I gather from the comments and higby's tweets, they probably did the optimisation during GU2, and now they just tweaked the config files on the servers, changing the criteria for "culling". He mentions that they had also tried this during the final stage of beta. Anyone to confirm this?

For NVIDIA users: PhysX apparently enabled using latest beta drivers and the correct settings in UserOptions.ini. (not verified)
    http://t.co/3UTfDgxH

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    For NVIDIA users: PhysX apparently enabled using latest beta drivers and the correct settings in UserOptions.ini. (not verified)
    http://t.co/3UTfDgxH
    Whhhaaa? I really hope this works, god knows what it will do to the stability tho.

It does look pretty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, just had to log in and try it out. For some reason the framerate of the effects is lower than the rest of the game, guess that's preferable to the whole game slowing down. Forgot to try res grenades... they looked amazing in the old physX tech demo. Can't wait to actually play this evening and see what all the explosions and flying bits of bullet look like in action!

edit: oh yeah, for anyone wanting to try it out, apparently you just need the latest nvidia beta gpu driver and put this in the rendering section of the .ini
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1
    Last edited by Rizlar; 12-02-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Thing is, PS2 is not very GPU intensive, and PhysX is not that taxing on newer cards. Going to try it tonight!

PhysX was too much for mine in Borderlands 2, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Same, could run it at medium and 60 FPS though. But BL2 had a LOT of PhysX effects.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Same, could run it at medium and 60 FPS though. But BL2 had a LOT of PhysX effects.
    I thought those sparks looked familiar! Didn't realise it was PhysX, but yeah, BL2 is mental. Watching my brother play as the Siren, whenever she does her singularity thing it sucks up absolutely every loose object/pebble/pool of ooze/spent shotgun pellet/piece of chewing gum on screen and spins em round in a mini tornado made of slag and fire. Fun game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    New patch:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1232643

Players may note the following changes:

ˇ Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
    ˇ Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
    ˇ Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly
    ˇ Invulnerability for revived players has been removed
    ˇ Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
    ˇ Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
    ˇ Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
    ˇ Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs

That MANA anti-tank turret should be the proper long range anti tank weapon for infantry not HA rockets.