Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 5874
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Anyone got a screenshot of the new UI?
    Check this Reddit post:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._and_comments/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Personally, the best defence I see is 4 sundies covering each of the shields, to stop gatecrashers actually making it through.
    Is it possible to place them there without them getting despawned due to proximity to the vehicle pads?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Is it possible to place them there without them getting despawned due to proximity to the vehicle pads?
    I guess it's something that'll have to be tested.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I suppose, if this indeed is the new layout then the first thing I would do before attacking any of the points in the biolab is just send a few gatecrashers through the shields and camp those teleporters to hell and back, then its just a stroll in the park really. Also I wouldnt bother defending them, its just a meatgrinder for the defender.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Indeed but I get the impression there won't be another performance patch. Or at least not for a while. Luperza has asked people for thoughts on balance issues because it seems like that's where they're focussing next.
    On the other hand I have. Heard the devs refers to this as optimisation phase1 which would imply there are further phases to come.
    AKA Rushtone

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What everyone suggesting gatecrashers seems to miss is that defenders always have access to at least one sattelite that pretty much always have a vehicle spawn. So if the enemy gatecrashes well spawn a tank and go blow them up.

Sure people will be able to farm a ton of infantry if the design goes through, but it really isn't the end of the world. The endless running is a bigger problem imho in that it takes a long time to get into battle.

The new design for the biolab interior looks nice though, more open spaces and less opportunities for defenders to just stand behind one way shields and shoot out which really is the worst part of PS2 so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really dont think that would solve it Wardancer, just as easy to camp that sattelite in the same method.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    What everyone suggesting gatecrashers seems to miss is that defenders always have access to at least one sattelite that pretty much always have a vehicle spawn. So if the enemy gatecrashes well spawn a tank and go blow them up.

Sure people will be able to farm a ton of infantry if the design goes through, but it really isn't the end of the world. The endless running is a bigger problem imho in that it takes a long time to get into battle.

The new design for the biolab interior looks nice though, more open spaces and less opportunities for defenders to just stand behind one way shields and shoot out which really is the worst part of PS2 so far.
    What you're not considering is that the shield goes both ways. You have to poke your barrel through the damn thing to be able to shoot, which will most likely result in immediate death. If RPS took it upon itself to end the bio fight by crashing the vehicle bay, you could assume two fury sundies with two squads of support. We could line the vehicle shields with turrets, stopping people from actually driving in or out. I don't think there's a way to break this kind of camp, not with a platoon of maxes through the teleports, and not with vehicles from the outside.

In the end, this means the side that gets the satellite with the SCU gen TP wins.

P.S. The endless running is indeed ridiculous too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So you are gonna put 12-24 guys sitting down there while the defenders could just spawn at their satellite and use the bouncepads/teleporters and get in that way?

Also if you have the manpower to camp satellite/vehicle spawn area and attack the dome that biolab should not even be a fight.

Killing things inside friendly tank shields isn't really that hard since you can take a heavy and go in shot and pop out or whatever class you like. It really isn't the end of the world except for zerging muppets.

Still it is a really stupid design, but I think the idea behind is good. Reduce size of main spawn room, first teleporter takes you into the biolab, where a second teleporter takes you to the vehicle area. Should solve most issues while still increasing the time it takes for defenders to move into the lab. Which I guess is the main idea.

Edit: Still I reckon it is a temporary solution for the PTS, even though it looks kinda serious with the arrows pointing the way.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 25-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hell yeah, the farming opportunities down there are ridiculous and it'd be quite logical for a two squad outfit to decide to ruin the defender's day by doing this. In other words, you have a huge incentive to do this as attacker and almost no incentive to do this as defender. As for taking stuff out with heavies ... idk, anything that passes through the shield is basically dead thanks to furies or marauders. You could coordinate 20 people going through there at the same time, but then the entrenched attackers won't just wait and let you approach the shield. I can't comprehend how this design got approved. It has so much potential for farming and it's so damn stupid. ugh.

As for increasing travel distance ... spawn inside the current spawn building, run to teleport, get teleported to spawn exit building somewhere else inside. However, i think the version that's on pts right now is probably too small and cramped. It's much easier to camp than the current version, and frankly .. .we haven't had trouble with biolabs in MONTHS. We've both defended and attacked successfully with equal pop and most of the time things went smoother than with amps or techplants too.

Network Hub
    I have been playing around on the PTS after the performance patch, and it pretty clear that frame rates have improved at least 25%. Flying around Indar with high graphics settings (except for shadows and ambient occlusion) I had a flat 60 fps, even near a small battle where I'd normally get 45-50 FPS.

The new frame rate smoothing feature seems counterproductive if you run at 60fps normally, as it causes any slight drop in framerate to persist for awhile instead of just jumping back up to sixty. It might be better if you run at 30-45fps, but I didn't really notice a difference.

The bad news is the performance increase seems to have come at the cost of model and texture quality. All of the vehicles have been reworked, in particular the Scythe and the Magrider models have been noticably simplified, and large chunks of camo coverage have been removed. I suspect there's going to be a lot of disappointed Vanu if the current PTS graphics get promoted to live, and I'd advise not buying any vehicle cosmetics until you see what they look like on the simpler models.

Weird, I've only heard good things from VS about the new black camo for them. Intimidates me personally, now more than ever it feels like I'm facing off cylons
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    All of the vehicles have been reworked, in particular the Scythe and the Magrider models have been noticably simplified
    Well that sucks ass.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Well that sucks ass.
    I guess it makes sense if they're trying to reduce polygon counts but ... yeah. Ass it does indeed suck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I'll take improved performance over fancy models. Frankly, apart from the lighting I already think PS2 looks pretty shitty model and texture wise. The animations for infantry are terrible as well. It is noticeably behind more fancy games. That is, to me, worth it because of the scale however.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    A compare and contrast with arma 3 is entertaining. Arma has scale for sure and it looks beautiful but my god, multiplayer with more than 10 people and it can fall apart pretty badly. You're certainly not going to get a playable frame rate in an arma battle that's got 48+ per side. PS2 does the multiplayer bit really well.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Flamethowers are back! Or going to be back...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Flamethowers are back! Or going to be back...
    Woopie, another NC max nerf!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

It makes NC become NS essentially. Joy of joys.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    I'll take improved performance over fancy models. Frankly, apart from the lighting I already think PS2 looks pretty shitty model and texture wise. The animations for infantry are terrible as well. It is noticeably behind more fancy games. That is, to me, worth it because of the scale however.
    Have to say I agree with you. As long as it isn't actively taking me out of the experience, I'm fine with it.