Page 146 of 318 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 6360
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I like the concept of asymmetric balance too, but it doesn't really work in ps2. the prowler used to be an AI tank and people were not happy with that. if you look at your suggestions, TR would be inherently op again because large mag ai splash weapons are something that would just be better than most other things due to the sheer amount of infantry killing that this would enable.
    This is a sidetrack, but could it be a good idea to normalise xp gain depending on the way you kill something? Kill infantry in a MAX or tank = get less xp per kill. Kill infantry as infantry = get more xp per kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Why is the optimization patch taking 400 years? I last saw they uploaded a release candidate to PTS. The whole goddamn team is working on this one issue. Would be cool if they got it out.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'd guess they're fixing bugs and issues discovered during the public test.

Patience, young padawan. It's better that they take a couple of extra weeks to release something that works, rather than rush it out before it's done.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    It's a 2 weeks delay on what has been a major overhaul of the code base, assets etc. I think it's acceptable.

Fast, good, cheap: can only get two out of three at most.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Have to say, I hopped on the PTS a couple of days ago during one of the stress tests and I was very impressed by what they'd achieved. Even zipping around with observercam was smooth and that's normally FPS suicide. It does feel like SOE get slower and slower at making the game better but at least they don't seem to be making it worse this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    A picture of the work in progress on The Ascent & Rockslide Outlook:

https://twitter.com/xalorn/status/39.../photo/1/large

Let's hope it gets more people onto Amerish.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Fast, good, cheap: can only EVER get two out of three.
    Edited for clarity I use this phrase all the time, it describes every creative project ever.

@RIDEBIRD - Worth considering that having spent so long working on optimisation, SOE are going to have to concentrate on new content for a good while now.

All speculation, but this extra time may be the different between doing it properly (getting a tick in the optimised box and moving on to other things) or not (not getting a tick in the optimised box, and being forced to move most of your team back to making new content while a few stragglers still tinker with optimisation and never really get anywhere).

I'm happy to wait for the finished product, it's certainly not in SOE's interest financially to extend the optimisation effort, so they must have good reason for allowing the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    I found this quite interesting
    I watched the 3rd part, as according to reddit consensus it was the most interesting and dynamic one.

Great game and tactics by both teams. Of note that MAXes prioritise support classes, disposable sunderrers (noone guarding it, moment it goes down someone else immediately spawns one), and also the use of EMP grenades by INI infiltrators in an organised push. Also the general use of infiltrators by FCRW, to roam and disrupt (one of their signature tactics, as also seen in FCRW vs TIW). And most importantly, coordinated two-pronged attacks.

Another thing to note: whenever pushing for a room, the attacker tried to clear away from the doorway asap before actively engaging the defenders.

Although some of the tactics seem tailored to the format, I think they transfer well to a medium engagement in the live game.

But MAXes are indeed almost too strong atm. They were the mainstay of both outfits' platoon composition for most of what I've watched.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 11-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

MLG theme week anyone? Seriously though, we should perhaps work on our tactics a bit - I think we're falling behind. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Let's hope it gets more people onto Amerish.
    Agreed, Amerish is lovely when there are enough people on it, and I have good memories of The Ascent / Raven's Landing / Rockslide area from my first few sessions after the game was released.

Does this, however, mean that lattice is on the way to Amerish? I do think the game has lost a lot on Esamir and Indar because of it, fights are invariably in far fewer locations than before. I can't remember the last time we fought at the Stronghold or Impact Site, to name off the top of my head a couple of interesting bases I miss.

Seriously though, we should perhaps work on our tactics a bit - I think we're falling behind.
    Definitely. These are things that we've faced before, from a lot of people, in this scrimmage executed almost to perfection. I enjoy that we have none of the #YOLO420MLGPRO mentality, but the more the gap widens between us and these kind of players, the less enjoyable the game will become.

Another thing of note from that scrimmage (not that positive): the use of explosives and particularly carbines with UBGL. Splash spam.

OMFG#1 is out 'tonight': http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...night_4am_pst/

That's noon tomorrow (Tuesday 12 November) for those adhering to GMT.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Woowoo! Wish I could remote to my computer, but it's only windows home, so no can do...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OMFG#1 is out 'tonight': http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...night_4am_pst/

That's noon tomorrow (Tuesday 12 November) for those adhering to GMT.
    Fwaaah?!! :O

Also (source: https://twitter.com/PS2DailyDeals/st...66106296340480)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2dailydeals
    There may or may not be upcoming Station Cash multiplier sales that may or may not exist on the coming holidays. 0:)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Could you open TeamViewer session on it before you leave home and just save the "password" for access at work/wherever you are?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Balance post 2

Nanoweave ArmorFor those not aware, how Nanoweave functions now:
    When at max rank Nanoweave gives a flat 25% increase to the player’s total health pool.
    This health increase causes Nanoweave to protect against the majority of damage sources. This includes damage types that have their own dedicated counters, like explosions.

How Nanoweave will function soon:
    Nanoweave will no longer increase the player’s health pool. Instead, it will apply a percentage damage resistance against infantry small arms and rapid-fire vehicle secondary weapons only.
    Damage sources not included in the above, like explosions, will no longer be modified by Nanoweave Armor.
    Nanoweave will no longer resist headshots. Against any weapon.
    Against the applicable weapon types, max rank Nanoweave will remain the same strength as it is now (excluding head shots).

We will be giving a cert refund when this change goes live. You can choose to repurchase Nanoweave Armor or spend their points elsewhere.

Bolt-Action Rifles
    In a typical FPS game, the strength of a one-shot headshot is usually offset by either or both of the below:
    Small scale levels with limited sniper lanes.
    Some type of visual mechanic that calls out the sniper’s location.

PlanetSide 2 isn’t a typical FPS game and neither of the above is a valid limiter given the size of our world and the scale of our battles. The massive size of our continents means snipers can be a threat from all directions, and a visual callout on each individual sniper isn’t possible considering the amount of players we render at one time.

On the other side, giving snipers a 360° one-shot kill with unlimited range against all other players is not something we want to introduce into the game. Dying to a sniper that you never had a chance to see is a poor gameplay experience for everyone on the receiving end.

So with the above in mind:
    We are capping all one-shot headshots on a full health target at 150 meters.
    Nanoweave will no longer apply to headshots, so the range limit will apply to all targets no matter what that player has equipped. This will give bolt-actions a more consistent feel when fighting within their effective range.
    The 150 meter range is a starting point. It may be adjusted during tuning, and we’ll be monitoring the range once it is live to see if it needs to be adjusted to be shorter or longer.

Explosions Post-Nanoweave Change
    We’ve had to increase the max damage of some explosions in our game so that they would still be effective against Nanoweave-equipped players. For example, underbarrel grenade explosions are stronger than we would like.
    Changing Nanoweave over to being a projectile resistance removes the need for the increased explosive damage. We will be doing a pass of all explosive damage and reducing some so that they work better in the game.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Wonder if I can get a refund for my Parallax.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    welp. massive nanoweave nerf. at least we'll get a refund.