Page 15 of 305 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    MANA ANTI TANK TURRET WAAAAAAAAAAAT

Good to see LA finally getting fixed.
    Find me on the Steams

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mana anti tank fuck yeah.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Woot. Now I have even more choices for my 1K certs to go into:

Mana AT
    SMG
    Shotgun
    Rocketpods
    Saron

This is hard, guys.

Obligatory babble about time is money, friend, and real money on guns/1000 cert things is worth it.

Anyway servers are down.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Anti-tank turret sounds really interesting, I've actually had some good runs with the anti-infantry one before as long as the enemy isn't in a good sniping spot.

Not sure how effective it'll be as I imagine a single tank shot will still level it so it'll have to be an ambush thing.

Otherwise, nice small changes and fixes :]

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Anti-tank turret sounds really interesting, I've actually had some good runs with the anti-infantry one before as long as the enemy isn't in a good sniping spot.

Not sure how effective it'll be as I imagine a single tank shot will still level it so it'll have to be an ambush thing.

Otherwise, nice small changes and fixes :]

Hopefully its a long range thing so it will be used to supplement the AT-turrets on towers. Users will be very vulnerable to air, infantry and snipers though. Just as it should be instead of the daft HA does everything.

Just wished this patch would have contained the renderdistance fixes for all servers/continents. It was a quite drastic change from Indar to Esamir last night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Woot. Now I have even more choices for my 1K certs to go into:

Mana AT
    SMG
    Shotgun
    Rocketpods
    Saron

This is hard, guys.
    I'll make it easier. If you have CQB carbine, smg is probably worse than it. Also NC smg is better than VS smg, and NC cqb carbine is better than Cyclone, while being worse than VS cqb carbine.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I have the Solstice SF, the grenade launcher gun, with smoke. The VX6-7 is our CQB carbine, and I don't have it because SMOKE, man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Boris, do you fly much? Because I bloody suck at it, and can't say I have got much value out of my rocket pods. The Saron on the other hand is very good indeed. But if you don't drive tanks often, don't bother with that. We have quite a few Sarons in the outfit already, and we need some people who can gun too.

Shotgun: do you play light assault often? If so, consider the Nova. If you mostly play engineer (as I recall you do, right?) then the shotty is going to be only situationally useful, compared to your favourite carbine. Also it doesn't have "SMOKE, man".

The Mana AT could be interesting, if it works well. We'd have to see about that. It does sound intriguing, though.

Agree with Bankrotas on the SMG. Don't buy it unless you intend to play a lot of close quarters infiltrator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Mana AT (or was it AV?) was on the list of stuff in late beta, just unavailable at 99999999 certs or whatever.

And yeah, spending certs on the expensive guns doesn't really make much sense, as you'll immediately want to spend all those certs on scopes/upgrades/etc for said guns. Also, whatever infantry class you play the most could easily soak up 1000 certs in useful upgrades.

Network Hub
    Looks like I'll have a full list of purchases when the next triple SC deal comes round. I'm certainly not wasting any certs on weapons above the 250 cert range.

Also, Loyalty?

Loyalty level = months of membership/subscription capped at 6. 25% extra XP for the first month and an extra 5% for every month after that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Mana AT sounds great. Something for us that don't like playing HA whenever tanks show up.

Re: certs vs SC, I'm getting to the point now that I don't immediately spend the certs I am earning. There is a lot I haven't unlocked but aren't bothered about (like HA and vehicle stuff). Managed to save 500c to max my medic tool, almost got another 500c now for a 2nd C4 on LA. I can see myself hoarding 1000c at some point in the future, may as well spend it on a weapon as anything else.

Servers up, tested the AT.

Seems to to about the same damage as a Decimator or standard AT rocket, 3 shots to kill a lightning in the side. Quite a steep falloff after a while. Uses the heatsystem still, meaning ampstation might have a little bit more meaning (as well as making the turret certing meaningful).

Seems to be way more useful then the AI one.

edit: Falloff seems kinda random? Sometimes it just goes straight, sometimes it falls super quickly.
    edit2: DUDE WHAT THERES NO FALLOFF YOU CAN STEER THE FUCKING ROCKET. It's basically a deployable Kornet launcher from BF3.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 13-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Re: certs vs SC, I'm getting to the point now that I don't immediately spend the certs I am earning...
    That is good advice. If you are like me, however, someone who enjoys more or less all the kinds of playstyle this game offers, then your certs are going to waste spent on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Servers up, tested the AT.

Seems to to about the same damage as a Decimator or standard AT rocket, 3 shots to kill a lightning in the side. Quite a steep falloff after a while. Uses the heatsystem still, meaning ampstation might have a little bit more meaning (as well as making the turret certing meaningful).

Seems to be way more useful then the AI one.

edit: Falloff seems kinda random? Sometimes it just goes straight, sometimes it falls super quickly.
    edit2: DUDE WHAT THERES NO FALLOFF YOU CAN STEER THE FUCKING ROCKET. It's basically a deployable Kornet launcher from BF3.
    This seems very interesting, must give it a spin tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Boris, do you fly much? Because I bloody suck at it, and can't say I have got much value out of my rocket pods. The Saron on the other hand is very good indeed. But if you don't drive tanks often, don't bother with that. We have quite a few Sarons in the outfit already, and we need some people who can gun too.

Shotgun: do you play light assault often? If so, consider the Nova. If you mostly play engineer (as I recall you do, right?) then the shotty is going to be only situationally useful, compared to your favourite carbine. Also it doesn't have "SMOKE, man".

The Mana AT could be interesting, if it works well. We'd have to see about that. It does sound intriguing, though.

Agree with Bankrotas on the SMG. Don't buy it unless you intend to play a lot of close quarters infiltrator.
    I'm mostly Engineer. Often Light Assault. Only pull MAX for double bursters. Don't play infiltrator (can't snipe), heavy assault or medic.

I love flying but I don't have a high effectiveness because I don't have pods. There's only so much damage you can do with the main gun to a sundy before it gets tired of your bs and fires up the basilisks.

I think the turret can work pretty awesomely against tanks at longer ranges.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Damn thats sweet ridebird, this is what they should have added from the beginning not the pants on head retarded lock on launchers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    With a spotter you could actually do indirect fire with the new AT turret.