Page 151 of 318 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 6358
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Yeah, that would work. But it's an awful lot of effort (considering you need to keep the vehicle safe, have it in an area where you can get to it as the other faction, etc.) just to get a possible minor benefit. In other words, I feel it will balance itself out.
    It's not that minor though IMO. And I'd bet it's exploited.

You're wanting to attack a place that's NC. Half a squad pull NC tanks, other half infil in and steal them.
    Boom insta 6 tanks. Not to mention you have double resource pool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But you already have the ability to roll NC and run around griefing/TKing/sabotaging behind enemy lines. I don't see hacked vehicles as being significantly more exploitable.

Could be fun to introduce, even hacking of occupied vehicles. The real issue would be for mag drivers, where the inf just has to crouch to avoid being run over. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Magriders need crouch too :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    It's not that minor though IMO. And I'd bet it's exploited.

You're wanting to attack a place that's NC. Half a squad pull NC tanks, other half infil in and steal them.
    Boom insta 6 tanks. Not to mention you have double resource pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    But you already have the ability to roll NC and run around griefing/TKing/sabotaging behind enemy lines. I don't see hacked vehicles as being significantly more exploitable.P
    Pretty much what Rizlar said. I agree that there is a potential for abusing, but I think the risk of it happening in any major fashion is pretty low. Especially since most of the enemy tanks will be stock, unless people decide to play on alts a lot just to get more certs, and can be taken out easily by organized defenders.

Also, when attacking that place we could just pull six tanks of our own and have them all gunned, with much less effort than pulling enemy armor and having people log in to alts. That's why I think it's more effort than it's worth.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    How about you could just hack the AMS ability of the sundie. So you could temporarily stop the spawning, but not control it once deployed. That might be a bit fairer? In a similar way to terminal hacking, you'd have to hack it back and not actually loose it to the enemy.

As for notifications of active hacks. Perhaps a flashing vehicle minimap icon (as is the current system with gens and turrets) and a having the 'green current vehicle symbol' on the right of the screen flash? Or perhaps subtle writing saying hack in progress?

I would be inclined to think that having it so hack is only possible when static would be unrealistic. I mean, if you managed to do it you would reap the benefits and be chuffed to bits that you did it, but as said above; Magriders rarely stop and Prowlers would have their lockdown ability compromised, so the thousands of TR minions would start crying at the devs, for example.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 13-11-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

In terms of hacking sundies. I don't see how that would be any worse than rushing them with mines/ c4. In fact it would be harder providing it takes a decent amount of time to hack it. You could hack AMS stations in PS1 but it was really difficult to pull off
    AKA Rushtone

"So with the above in mind:
    We are capping all one-shot headshots on a full health target at 150 meters.
    Nanoweave will no longer apply to headshots, so the range limit will apply to all targets no matter what that player has equipped. This will give bolt-actions a more consistent feel when fighting within their effective range.
    The 150 meter range is a starting point. It may be adjusted during tuning, and we’ll be monitoring the range once it is live to see if it needs to be adjusted to be shorter or longer."

Is this really necessary? I'd suggest that bullet travel speeds effectively make snipers a more marginal threat within the game. Yeah i get sniped some times, but its not a constant problem. Compared with rocket pods snipers really are not an issue, and i don't roll nanoweave that much.

either way, i 150 might be fine. I'd have to look at how far 150 actually is in game. Ideally i'd like to be able to get a 1 shot on a head if that head is more than a couple of pixels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Standard.
    I'm guessing the chances of camo refunds are nil =[

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Incredible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    All purchases are final. TRay needs a decade's training in PR before he's allowed to tweet again.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hahahahaha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Now reduce your expectations about 75% and implement some harsh condition and cert sink, then you get what SOE gives

Should I link my and TRay's conversation?
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 13-11-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Just posted this in the reddit thread but seems relevant here too, Tea Tray is reminding me of another man with foot in mouth syndrome who definitely didn't do well out of the situation;

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    That's the xbone disaster tweet?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Yep, and that's ex-creative director for games at Microsoft, Adam Orth. Personally, I don't agree with the extent of the kicking that guy got at the hands of the internet, but then I don't agree with the policies of natural disasters either. Tea Tray seems to be running around an empty field during a thunderstorm pointing a golf club at the sky.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So I was gone for about three weeks. Did I miss anything? Performance patch #1 seems to be out? Will be trying that one out later.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Am I really the only one having trouble since the patch? Every time now I have to delete the files, validate assets and then it's touch and go if it'll work. Plus deleting and re-updating is taking much of the time that would otherwise be free for playing the game. Really frustrating. I'm inclined to just leave PS2 until they fix it because I don't see a lot of alternatives.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Not me, but I've seen reports of other people having issues. I've been having problems with getting onto the servers themselves every other time.

I wouldn't sweat it too much though, major patches always require major hotfixes. I'd be surprised if you're still having that issue by the end of the week.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This takes the cake, lol: https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/4.../photo/1/large

TR guts full coverage mags should they hack our vehicles, it seems