Page 152 of 305 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6100
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Up next, VS bikini infils!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Been having a bug since before OMFG patch, where when I log in I can't interact with anything (terminals, cert purchases, redeploy, etc), everyone in the warpgate flickers disappears whenever I get near, and after a few minutes I get disconnected. I have to log out/shut down PS2 and reload seven or eight times before I can get it working.

It always seems to happen on my VS main, but not on my low level alts. Which is annoying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hey, question, do you people with problems using Pro7 accounts?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

No. I'm on an SOE account and I've had those problems intermittently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Same problem for me and it's an soe account.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Sitting around, watching QI on Dave (I'm gangster like that) when I thought I'd have a look at the camo shitstorm thread. Higby literally just posted this potential bit of good news;

Quote Originally Posted by higby
    Hey guys, sorry I'm just seeing and replying to this. What we are doing is creating some more cosmetic slots to give more customization options. We had some cosmetics that occupied some of these new cosmetic areas already, camo coverage is a good example. Maybe you liked having Indar Desert Scrub on your whole Magrider, but now it's only covering about half, the other half will be able to be set with a secondary camo slot in a near future update. Our plan is to grant the cosmetic items for the new slots to people who previously owned cosmetics that would have filled that area, so you will be getting a new "secondary camo" slot soon, and also camos for that slot based on what you already had. End result will be that you can create the exact same look as before, but you will also have flexibility to do a lot more. We are scrambling to get the items set up to grant so hopefully having a half painted Magrider is only a very short term annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Sitting around, watching QI on Dave (I'm gangster like that) when I thought I'd have a look at the camo shitstorm thread. Higby literally just posted this potential bit of good news;
    And there is a proper reply.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That makes a lot more sense, particularly regarding the multicoloured TR mag Tray linked. Cannot say I'm hugely excited by the prospect of double camo but who knows, it could be amazing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Why (the fuck) didn't Tea Tray say that in the first place? His confrontational macho style is seriously annoying.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

And how much is this secondary camo going to cost?

If they have any sense about how to not lose a large chunk of loyal customers then existing camos will automatically exist in both the primary and secondary slots. That's what I'm hoping anyway. But why the director of art couldn't find it in himself to tell us I don't know. Anyway, what happened to Luperza? This communication stuff was her line of work but she seems to have been absent recently.

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think Luperza was on a longer vacation last time it was brought up.

Edit: I must be the only one who thinks the Mohawk Scythe looks absolutely badass...
    Last edited by Wardancer; 14-11-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For whoever had the terminal issues: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ectly_colored/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I don't get why they'd implement half of the new camo system though...
    I guess maybe to brace people that in future they'll need to buy two?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I don't get why they'd implement half of the new camo system though...
    I guess maybe to brace people that in future they'll need to buy two?
    It kind of makes sense. people were getting restless and wanted an update. Obviously the texture updates needed to be done so it would have either been a case of leaving it till later entirely, meaning some optimisations were not done, or get what they can done now until the full change is implemented.

What irks me is their handling of it though.

I imagine they were not going to reveal the double camo thing or the hacking thing, but T-Ray seems to have gone over the edge with criticisms to his "art design". I guess people take criticisms differently, and can only be exacerbated by having thousands of internet users hound you. Still no excuse though, you need to remain professional.

I reckon Higby only mentioned the double camo as a way to try to placate the community after they had been rubbed the wrong way by T-Rays twitter. He'll probably be having a stern talking to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Cool! So new users will be required to buy the same camo two times if they want full coverage. Well thats what I call optimizations! Of profit... Classic SOE move.

On a slightly lesser related note the optimization didn't do much for me on a lower end machine. I didn't expect it to run flawlessly out of the sudden but I wasn't expecting this little. Overall loading times seem to have been reduced which means less "hitching" and lagging, especially when entering populated areas (now it's unplayable for the first ten seconds instead of twenty when spawning in a medium iszed fight). Also menus open/display faster now. But outside of that pretty much nothing changed.

Does anyone know how AMD6100/6300 and Intel i3s do perform nowadays in PS2?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I have this: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz. Bought in 2010. In companion with a 560Ti I got maybe ~20-25 FPS in most busy fights, now it seems I have between 30-40 FPS. It's actually made quite a bit of difference on my performance ingame (ie, I suck less one on one).

For those experiencing log in issues:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...issues.157964/

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    For those experiencing log in issues:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...issues.157964/
    That's curious, I thought they'd fixed it. I logged in very briefly this morning and it downloaded a standard 47MB patch. Then, when it loaded up, the game worked properly.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Owners of existing camos would be given the "other half", according to Higby( on Reddit, I think).
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168