Page 154 of 315 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 6292
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My best guess it that they have different teams working on these different things, and everything else is being worked on but not ready yet. Even so, it does feel like they have their priorities wrong...
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess they felt biolabs and techplants had been getting so much attention, it was time to tweak amp stations a bit as well? But yeah, they feel absolutely fine as they are, not sure if there is any need to introduce giant confusing shields and spawn points all over the place. Who knows, the changes could make amp stations 12.8% more fun than they are at the moment, we shall see. Spreading out cap points and spawn rooms may be an attempt to get more fights back and forth along the walls, which could be cool.

Speaking of giant confusing shields - what are those big crackling shields in the middle? They don't look like vehicle shields and seem to be set up in a sort of battlement position.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Environmental hazards?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Whatever they are, they look both horrendous and ridiculous... As does the majority of the interior of the Amp Station...

Stupid SOE. Completely agree with Wally that they should be focusing on more important issues.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Environmental hazards?
    Like water instakill is enviromental hazard :P
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

My guess is that this is still work in progress as there are some bits that look a little bit wonky ( those random shield thingies for example
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    My guess is that this is still work in progress as there are some bits that look a little bit wonky ( those random shield thingies for example
    I figured the same. I couldn't see anything that was "emitting" them so I figure just work in progress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    It's curious how much your opinions reflect those of Sir Hoc....

DIE BOT!
    A challenger has appeared!!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And I just thought that the PS2 team were shifting their focus from optimisation to the more profitable Cheap Diablo 3 Gold...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I'm guessing they think vehicles play too big a role in the fights there, and that it's too open.
    Which is utter horeshit, sometimes when playing Esamir I wonder why there are vehicles at all. Ampstations that are utterly isolated from vehicles will be just another biolab.

What the game need is more big open places with important bits in the middle. Like radarstations, sattelite bases, a third or fourth cappoint that is open to airstrikes, tanks etc.

Give vehicles something to do except camp spawn rooms.

Oh well, the ampstation does look kinda fun and more varied which is a good thing.

I am still hoping for them actually making bases something I want to take, instead of something I have to take to progress. Every single little outpost should provide a benefit. There should be a reason to take Indar Comarray instead of Excavation site. There should be a reason to to Saerro Listening post rather than going for The Rink etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    One idea I saw some time ago was quiet interesting. Remove all spawning at the smaller bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    And I just thought that the PS2 team were shifting their focus from optimisation to the more profitable
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    That's cheap man, cheap, cheap, cheap. (But I love it!)

SOE..You really got a lot of players back playing. Servers are full, theres wonderfull big battles going.
    If now only your servers could handle the new influx of players.
    Its not even primetime yet and all continents are already lagging like hell, hit take ages to register, so the guy you shoot 5 times with your shotgun still has time to turn around and kill you, too. Getting killed about 2 seconds after you already took cover...
    Ha, and its gonna just get worse this evening once more people log on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    That's cheap man, cheap, cheap, cheap. (But I love it!)
    Technically it may make me a spambot, but I thought I could get away with it. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    So, I noticed something during a trip to Allatum today.. It looks really quite different on the inside now. Lots more cover, in the form of walls and some fancy shield thingyu above the B cap point. All rather new and strange to me, though I think I approve, but haven't played long enough, nor under enough organised circumstances to get a feel for how the changes affect the flow of battle in there.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    I am still hoping for them actually making bases something I want to take, instead of something I have to take to progress. Every single little outpost should provide a benefit. There should be a reason to take Indar Comarray instead of Excavation site. There should be a reason to to Saerro Listening post rather than going for The Rink etc.
    This this this this this THIS!!!! 95% Identikit large facilities are not what's fun about this game. Splitpeak Pass, The Ascent, The Stronghold, Impact Site... these are the places at which I most remember epic fights, because each one is unique and the varied terrain surrounding it plays a huge part in the ebb and flow of the fight. SOE are missing a huge trick with their design by cutting off bases' interaction from their surrounding terrain*.

Put an amp station on a mesa so that wall assaults can't come from all directions; put a tech plant in a giant crater so that the gun deck can shell and be shelled by close ground vehicles. Suspend a bio lab over an active volcano like some glorious 29th century bond villain base...

(* Not to mention restricting play to 2/3 of the map on Indar and Esamir due to the lattice, but that's a different personal stuck record).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    SOE..You really got a lot of players back playing. Servers are full, theres wonderfull big battles going.
    If now only your servers could handle the new influx of players.
    Its not even primetime yet and all continents are already lagging like hell, hit take ages to register, so the guy you shoot 5 times with your shotgun still has time to turn around and kill you, too. Getting killed about 2 seconds after you already took cover...
    Ha, and its gonna just get worse this evening once more people log on.

It seems you can fix the lag by logging out, exiting the game and logging back on. I managed to get it fixed that way twice yesterday. Logged on, had massive lag. Quite and logged in again no lag at all. Stopped playing for 1 hour. Logged on had massive lag, quit and back on. 0 lagg. Definitely something weird going on.

Yeah, while doing Stratgir I found my inner peace again.. but playing earlier I had about 3-4 seconds delay and got killed by guys I had unloaded my shotgun in the back wich made me very frustrated. Just needed to vent that somewhere..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    It seems you can fix the lag by logging out, exiting the game and logging back on. I managed to get it fixed that way twice yesterday. Logged on, had massive lag. Quite and logged in again no lag at all. Stopped playing for 1 hour. Logged on had massive lag, quit and back on. 0 lagg. Definitely something weird going on.
    Wasn't working for me, I even downloaded Steam PS2 client, still had lag.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...craft_discuss/

YES YES YES YES YES YES. Proper fov for vehicles. Look at all those sexy cockpits.!.!