Page 155 of 315 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 6294
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...craft_discuss/

YES YES YES YES YES YES. Proper fov for vehicles. Look at all those sexy cockpits.!.!
    Christ, that's beautiful. I seriously hope that makes it into a patch in the near future.

Imagine flying in first person an actually being able to see things 45 degrees to your left and right!

Horrible lag-fest for me tonight, re-logging did nothing, even had a full on frozen PC crash.

But hey, at least they've added Steam Trading Cards for PS2 now!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Oh I really hope they keep that new FOV in the vehicles. With the optimisations work they've just finished, maybe they can afford to do that with regard to frame rates now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I found our Mascot:
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Sigh... Fucking Prowlers..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'd not looked much into prowler play. That reload speed is insane.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I really, really hope the flak armor changes do something against this problem of AV weapon taking AI weapons jobs. It's really pissing me off that there often is no reason to pick an AI weapon.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looked up lockdown stats out of interest:

Reload speed increased by 48% and projectile speed increased by 60% when deployed.

That's the top tier, but the numbers are absolutely mental! My Lib got shot down by a prowler the other day, assumed that I had just got unlucky and that the driver was an exceptionally good shot, but looking back at it with those lockdown numbers in mind it's no surprise I got insta-gibbed, even when responding to the first hits by taking evasive action. Annoying.

Is anyone playing this on a FX AMD CPU? Or does anyone know how they perform now?
    -remove spaces-

Obscure Node
    Oooh, I've got one of those! It's a...(checks system) FX 6300, and my GPU is a (checks hardware) 2gig HD7770. Gets 25-30fps in a Biolab fight on high settings.
    Set myself a budget of £500 to build a box to play PS2 nicely (other games, too, but PS2 was the most demanding). Went down the AMD route as they strike me as better value in terms of fps/£ (non-SI unit). Came in under budget, too, until my old HDD got jealous of his new SSD companion and flaked out.
    There was a big leap in performance after O:MFG and, server issues aside, it runs beautifully.

Even in huge fights? My PC is starting to fall apart and I am on a tight budget, so I have to make the most out of my money. I'm still pushing numbers around, wondering how to make this work
    -remove spaces-

Obscure Node
    I've never noticed it drop below 25fps, but then in a huge fight I usually have other concerns! I'll have a look when I next play (likely today sometime) and report.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post

Sigh... Fucking Prowlers..
    cool that looks balanced

ok i mean he's a really good shot too but...

Actually AP sniping is not that hard once you got the spin (he's still good though, but it's not as hard as many people think). I don't know why that is (I think because of hitbox wonkyness) but I find it way too easy to pull it off. It's the main reason why I almost never pull my HE Lightning anymore. You can kill infantry with AV just fine and it also kills hovering mossies and tanks. HE just has too many downsides for the splash damage benefit.
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    the lockdown mode on the prowler makes this sniping child's play. the 60% velocity buff means that shells travel at 400 m/s, which is almost twice as fast as magrider ap/lightning ap shells. so, even over longer ranger he barely needs to compensate for drop (cuz there's none till ~350m) or lead.

while everyone's moaning about ZOE, tank abilities have been severely unbalanced for more than six months.

Also Vulcan Harassers. I am filled with hate.

I was thinking, there seem to have been some new faces/voices/names since the opti patch. And a few of us returning to find that the game's changed. How about we have a boot camp, or newbie night, and take an hour or so to help welcome everyone to PS2?

I remember earlier in the year, a squad or two of us fresh faces being taken on a Galaxy tour of a Bio Lab and Amp Station by Eso. It was really informative, helped find our way around bases, explain all the terms we use (bounce pads, vertical gen, shield room, banana building, etc), and we managed to do it on a nice quiet part of the map so no pesky dying, respawning and trying to form up with the squad. I know the tutuorial is there now, but it could also be a chance for newer players to ask a vet or two some questions? Without maybe feeling you're clogging up the main battle comms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I learned something old today. I knew about it +/- but not fully

Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Cheers for the link Bankrotas!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Even in huge fights? My PC is starting to fall apart and I am on a tight budget, so I have to make the most out of my money. I'm still pushing numbers around, wondering how to make this work
    Played for five hours, paying attention to fps during the busy bits. Bottomed out at 26fps. Thing that gets bad in big fights is generic, all-encompassing "lag", but I've always attributed that to either the server or my connection.