Page 16 of 276 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    I bought it, and it is fucking awesome.

Also, you can oneshot infantry.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    oh god why. i am yet to test this ... but man, did we really need more stuff to kill vehicles insanely fast? and more stuff to instagib infantry on top of that :/

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    oh god why. i am yet to test this ... but man, did we really need more stuff to kill vehicles insanely fast? and more stuff to instagib infantry on top of that :/
    They are quite frail though. They go down quicker than anti inf mana turrets, theyre just not as visible.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Indeed they are very vulnerable to enemy air and infantry.

Earlier tonight I was standing on a hill west of Highroads Station for a good ten minutes, harassing air repairing at Auraxis Firearms with my trial Mana AT while we were taking Tumas Tech plant. The thing is very reliable once you get the hang of it, I got five consecutive hits on a Galaxy that was flying by. Just adjust your aim ahead of the target so the rocket has the same transversal velocity as the target and you're basically guaranteed a hit. In the end one of the pilots drove up to my position in a Flash and murdered me.

However, the smoke trail when firing does obscure a lot, especially if firing downward from said tech plant at night. You might want to have the rocket loop around toward the target under those conditions.

We were being harassed by one at the very top spire at the tech plant when we arrived there, but Cooper made short work of it with one shot from a Saron.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i trialed one just now. i hid in some bushes at the techplant and actually wasn't discovered by the attacking TR. so i attacked them with impunity and tried to curve the rockets around the cover they were using for they tanks. unfortunately, it worked quite well.

i think the turret will definitely need a balance pass. it'd probably be best to reduce the range and turnrate slightly, as both are kind of crazy right now. also ... i'm worried about vehicle play. it's getting worse n worse. sigh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    i'm worried about vehicle play. it's getting worse n worse. sigh.
    Me too.

If the render distance changes they made to Miller & Connery stick, then I can see vehicle play getting better despite these new weapons such as the annihilator and this turret.

But if vehicles keep getting taken out by projectiles they cannot see and enemies they cannot hit. Well...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well the turret requires some skill and as we said once located extremely easy to destroy. So I would rather see they "fixed" the Annihilator and other lock on weapons instead. That turret is exactly what they should have added from the beginning. It is the perfect infantry based anti tank weapon. It has range, it is accurate, it takes some measure of skill to use (an experienced user is more effective than a newbie). It is also very vulnerable to infantry counter attacks and aircraft.

The Annihilator killsquads have all the pros but none of the weaknesses. So if anything has to be nerfed/fixed it is the lock on launchers. But yeah if the render distance is "fixed" or improved the vehicles will get back some of their power.

well the hitting definitely isnt a problem, probably the sight is more.

But so far, I think its mostly that the players arent expecting deployables that shoot rockets. So they dont check for them.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Finally, a reason to take a class other than Inf (stealth) and Heavy (assault). And a reason to use the turret, too. Pity it's priced me out. Ah well, I hate vehicles anyway, so it's no skin off my teeth.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    heh, the lancer would be nice. the tr one is supposedly a swarm-lock on launcher, and the nc version is the good old tv guided launcher.

lancer is a fucking awesome one beam to kill them all motherfucker?

Kaching!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Finally, a reason to take a class other than Inf (stealth) and Heavy (assault). And a reason to use the turret, too. Pity it's priced me out. Ah well, I hate vehicles anyway, so it's no skin off my teeth.
    Actually, the few times I've used the Mana turret as engy, I found it to be lethal at short range. I just forget about too often to do it justice.

Only time I ever whip it out is when I need to spawncamp and am mostly safe from counterattack. Which isn't often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The problem is that the shield is a big "shoot me!" sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Only time I ever whip it out is when I need to spawncamp and am mostly safe from counterattack. Which isn't often.
    I usually find you get better xp from using it to be an ammo pack in those situations, turrets are magnets for snipers. But the anti-vehicle turret is fantastic, not really over-powered, but gives an engineer a chance to destroy vehicles without having to run up to them (its amusing to target infantry, too).

Also, this comment is great innuendo if you put spawncamp in inverted commas.
    Last edited by Feldspar; 18-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.

You can have both the turret and the B ammo pack out at the same time.

BTW, I'll camp your spawn. If you know what I mean. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    You can have both the turret and the B ammo pack out at the same time.

BTW, I'll camp your spawn. If you know what I mean. :P
    Yeah, but I normally have mines equipped, mines are funny. And you can keep your hands off my spawn, thankyouverymuch.

You're not getting the point. I also have mines. Take out your ACE tool (the thing that makes the turret). Put down a turret. Wait for it to cool down. Take out your ACE tool again, press B, you get an ammo pack. Deploy it, you have both your turret and your ammo pack out, while also having mines.