Page 161 of 308 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 6158
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It's the buff the NC have been waiting for. I am fairly happy with all of this.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wat? You're happy that two of our most popular LMGs are about the be killed off via shitty balancing? What kinda mentality is that? Neither of these LMGs was OP (yeah, theyre good, but not overly so). Also, this doesn't just affect our LMGs. Your anchor and a few of your carbines/ARs are about to be "balanced" as well.

Also, how do you think they will deal with the NC shield if they're doing it based on their current mentality? My guess would be that it's entirely useless fairly soon. Then we can all be content that our stuff is equally useless, eh?
    Last edited by qaz; 13-12-2013 at 04:04 PM.

No need to become hostile, I personally don't concider it as bad as people make it be. But then again, hipfire was never one of the strongpoints of any NC weapon. I can only give you some advice I heared a lot of people give us for using the NC weapons.

"Learn to burstfire"

:P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not sure if you read the thread, but COF for all cqc weapons has been randomised and increased, and the effectiveness of the laser attachments has been decreased. This includes ARs, carbines, and LMGs. If you liked your high-rpm weapons, you may hate them once this goes live. So, yeah ... i do become a little hostile at apparent glee over something i can only regard as another stupid balancing decision and an entirely unwarranted "l2p"

My point is is that the COF of most NC LMG's was already rather large, not to speak about the COF as soon as you started to strafe. ADS, even in CQC was essential, as you could never rely on hipfire. Thats why I concider this not as much a nerf, as well a buff to most of the NC weapons as we just keep doing as we were doing in the past.

I agree though that your lmg's might have been hit by the double nerf, one for lmg and one for 75% ADS speed. I assume this will be fixed though. The reason I say learn to burst fire, is due to the fast that everytime someone brings up the large COF of the NC lmg's the basic awnser is burstfire. I just wish to welcome you to the club.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, you couldn't hipfire the anchor or em1? The issue with the changes to the LMGs is that they've been nerfed for close range use via the hipfire nerf (they were workable, but worse than smgs/shotties before) and for medium/long range use via the introduction of randomised COF/recoil in ADS mode. I.e., the affected weapons have been made entirely useless.

This means that no amount of burst firing would fix this either. As you should know, the recoil and cof development is by far the most predictable on NC weaponry.
    Last edited by qaz; 13-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I'm too burned out with complaining atm, so all I can say about qaz rants about this issue is:
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I've tried max level ZOE on the PTS and this is what I found:

1) ZOE makes absolutely no difference in bullets-to-kill on regular infantry. 167 damage weapons require 6 bullets to the chest or 7 bullets to the limbs for a kill, ZOE active or not. 143 damage weapons require 7 bullets to the chest or 8 bullets to the limbs for a kill, ZOE active or not.

2) ZOE reduces the bullets needed to kill a MAX from 70 to 63 (143 damage weapon) or 59 to 55 (167 damage weapon) at point blank range. However, the increased damage taken renders the ability useless in a MAX vs MAX duel.

3) The increased mobility, available for 15 seconds once every 30 seconds (15 second cooldown), is still noticeable but not fantastic.

I see no reason to choose ZOE over Charge in the future if this is the final iteration of the balancing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I wasn't even aware there were LMGs in the game that you could hipfire.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Didn't realise they were adding a timer to ZOE on top of removing increased top speed and making it generally slower. Hopefully it's a case of trying multiple things on PTS then not implementing the really unpopular ones.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I wasn't even aware there were LMGs in the game that you could hipfire.
    go to VR and try the anchor out with the advanced laser and softpoint (in exchange for the .75 mod, the orion gets neither of those)! it's not working perfectly, but it can be nice in tower fights thanks to the high rpm and mag. it's kinda like a smg, except that it has more bullets and a worse cof. the short range lmgs pay with having only 50 rounds, so i never really felt they were op. shame they intend to kill that niche.

Network Hub
    Since I mostly skimmed through the details of the upcoming balance patch (and reddit reactions), I'm not sure if I managed to get intel on each and every change. So I'm mostly excited that the changes seem to differentiate weapons more, giving them more unique properties according to their weapon class.

What I'm definitely skeptical about is the approach to patching. The exciting element of MMOs as a service, how the industry has come to call it, can be frequent changes that shake up the status quo. The meta we had for quite some time now existed for way too long, with shortcomings a lot of players pointed out frequently (ZOE, Strikers, Harassers). Sequential adjustments can provide a new state of the game every couple of weeks/days, while the devs zero in on the right balance and it also helps keeping the experience fresh. It's something I used to enjoy very much with multi-player mods or game alphas. But we also had the O:MFG process going on, which surely required a lot of focus and resources.
    How SOE will handle the upcoming balancing and the game's future plans in form of the roadmap will be very much deciding on the games popularity and longevity. But I think it's looking good for the most part.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Did anyone notice/remember how much XP that biolab alert gave? Was in the deployment screen during that. Just wondering how much one gets these days for two hours of hard work.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Biolab alerts give a maximum of 10000 xp. 1000 xp as a base for all empires + 1000 xp per biolab held at the end of the alert (maximum number is nine biolabs for 9000 xp). For participating the full duration of 2 hours you should have got 6000 xp unmodified this time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I got 11112 XP. I specifically remember the interesting number... That is with a pretty decent exp bonus.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Doesn't matter. The fight was awesome. Thanks charlie squad, and sin-o-matic I'm sorry for mispronouncing your name all this time

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    This thing exists for some further info about alert results:

http://www.ps2alerts.com/alertdetail.php?AlertID=368
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

And the patch notes are up. It's a long read, but not much what we didn't know or expected. Stuff is going to change, lot's of stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Most significant patch to date I'd say. Given that so many things have changed I reckon it's almost certain that in any encounter either the thing you're shooting or the thing you're shooting at (or the the thing that's shooting you or your armour) will have changed, I think it could feel quite different.

Things I think I've worked out from the notes:

* Harassers should no longer be death machines but should still have a role vs infantry and lightnings.
    * The vulcan has been nerfed heavily, shouldn't be a threat to ESFs.
    * The prolwer nerf is pleasingly hard too, also no longer such a threat to ESFs.
    * The PPA has been nerfed, not clear if this applies to the scythe PPA as well.
    * Our favourite weapons (including HV45 and Serpent) have been nerfed, not clear if they'll still be useful.
    * The UBGL is now less effective, not sure if it'll be worth having.
    * Might be worth considering the Kobalt over one basilisk on a sundy.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Almost guaranteed something will break tonight too. :-)