Page 163 of 306 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 6104
    Network Hub
    Thoughts on the patch notes so far:

MAX shots now originate from the camera, preventing that situation from the PTS where the shots were horizontally separated by about 50cm and would often go either side of infantry.

The PPA-II (the ground one) used to have a huge difference between the size of the blob-of-plasma graphic and the relatively small area of the projectile that would count as a hit. It seems they've increased the projectile size to match the graphic size, which should make direct hits against infantry a lot easier to achieve and means you don't have aim at their feet as much. They should totally do this with the Lasher!

Heavy Assault Resist Shield no longer stacks with Nanoweave, hopefully ending that silly situation of a Heavy repeatedly popping health packs while ignoring absurd amounts of incoming fire.

No more predictive tracking on Strikers and Annihilators means that ESFs can now dodge all lock-ons without having to guess what type of rocket it is (Putting some terrain between you and and the rocket should now work consistently, otherwise slow to a stop while pointing your nose at the launcher and hit down-Vthrust)

Am I reading this right, or did the Flare get its hip-fire accuracy nerfed quite dramatically? It's not really a close range gun, is it?
    Last edited by Eleven; 17-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Am I reading this right, or did the Flare get its hip-fire accuracy nerfed quite dramatically? It's not really a close range gun, is it?
    It's due to SOE's illusion that high damage weapons are only good for medium to long range combat, so now Flare is mostly that.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    so patch time has changed to 4 pm GMT and 5pm CET. Besides this it's no longer 90 minutes but 120 minutes.

edit: So, now it has no start time anymore. This is going to be fun tonight.
    Last edited by Dominicus; 17-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    it just seems so pointless though. i never enjoyed amp stations, but with three cap points they seem too similar to biolabs without a shield.
    With vehicles, I expect it'll feel completely different to biolabs.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    so patch time has changed to 4 pm GMT and 5pm CET. Besides this it's no longer 90 minutes but 120 minutes.

edit: So, now it has no start time anymore. This is going to be fun tonight.
    That's why I'm not playing tonight at all. Instead I'll try to do 26.5 page translation over night , sleep and then play with my boosts on. I need 500 more hours to get to BR100, so it'll take a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    No more predictive tracking on Strikers and Annihilators means that ESFs can now dodge all lock-ons without having to guess what type of rocket it is (Putting some terrain between you and and the rocket should now work consistently, otherwise slow to a stop while pointing your nose at the launcher and hit down-Vthrust)
    Yep, seems about right, the maximum lockon range is also reduced. Although projectile speed is up but not know how much. I really think this is a bad idea, I have spent quite a bit of time in the past few days getting to know the AA rocket launcher, and you get about 75% hits and 1 kill per 5 missles if you are lucky, this is mostly due to the abundance of flares, no 1 hit kills(good luck judging damage levels on enemy when the smoke isnt being drawn), the only thing going for the missles is the tracking, it has some sort of semi-clever terrain avoidance going on(or just path tracking but then it looks clever).

Really, if there is one thing I would have liked then its range, a enemy slamming its afterburner is already out of range quickly, and placing yourself so that the enemy is spending a maximum time overhead is difficult with limited ammo and often dangerous because it means occupying a position beyond the frontline or far from supporting units(ammo, armour, infantry etc).

Not quite sure what the whole purpose of this is, allow rocketpodders to gain a overhand again? Good news for libs though, should be much easier for them to stay out of range(just keep the altimeter at 500).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, to stop a couple of AA lock-on heavies with effectively infinite resources (most notably strikers, which are the ones who had a different tracking system) from creating area denial for air everywhere. The last month has been nowhere near as bad as the summer, but it's still pretty bad. Equiping AA lock-on is not very fun on an individual level, and it's not very effective. On a faction wide level though, it's extremely effective.

Plus, lock-ons are faster at shorter ranges now, so they are actually more effective vs. hovering lolpodders.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont think lolpodders ever where the problem with portable AA, easy to sight since they lacked movement. I preferred to pick up a target early on tracking, and now I will lose that range.

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone know how Lancers numbers are being changed?

Patch notes only talked of "Launcher damage is now x, with these exceptions (such as striker dmg). I doubt Lancer damage would have been changed to same as every other "launcher", though it would be hilariously op for a few hours before they'd realize the amount of derp in that.

Network Hub
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...e_fall_damage/

looks like fall damage is back with a vengeance! Watch out!!

Yeah, holy shit did I get used fast to no fall damage. I think in the short time I died more to falling off stuff then to enemy fire.
    Also, the Snowball gun is totaly useless but we should really do a silly monday were we all go and trial it and start a big snowballfight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    "Server locked".
    Man I haven't seen this message in a while.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Tried Resist Shield+Grenade Bandolier+Restoration kits and Resist Shield+Advanced Shield Capacitor+Med kits.

Res+ASC+Med is a nice combination. ASC maxed out allows you to get back into the fight fast, and not cowering exposed, as you wait for the shield to reactivate. Resist has the shortest downtime and the longest uptime of all shields. Medkits immediately restore you to full health. Really nice combo to minimize time where you are vulnerable.

Restoration kits don't work that well anymore. Since the health pool is smaller, the percentage of regeneration is smaller as well, so you don't regain health as fast. Plus, if you have a hit on your health, that means that also shields are down, and resist is inferior if you don't have full health and shields.

Also, for the time being, I reverted back to the SVA-88 (FWD Grip+Compensator+x1 reflex). Not bad, especially considering I've been using a subpar weapon like the Polaris. Fits Res+ASC style. Going to stick with it until I figure out the current meta a bit better. Had a lot of good streaks, minimum was 3, longest was 12.

Oh, and the Nemesis (G2A lockon) is not that good anymore. Slow projectile and severe trajectory drop-off. It feels as slow as the Decimator now. Perhaps I'll revert to the S1 (default dumbfire) as my standard RL.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 18-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Oh, and the Nemesis (G2A lockon) is not that good anymore. Slow projectile and severe trajectory drop-off. It feels as slow as the Decimator now. Perhaps I'll revert to the S1 (default dumbfire) as my standard RL.
    Makes me a sad panda. But pretty much what other peoples have already told me. Outside of hovering/lolpodding ESFs it seems to be pretty much useless now. Looks like another weapon I have paid SC for which I wont be using in the coming months.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Ugh, Miller has been down all afternoon. What are SOE doing!?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Ugh, Miller has been down all afternoon. What are SOE doing!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Killing the game, so that we'd buy PS4 and play on that?

But I have a PS4 and it isn't even on there

I reckon they're having the office Christmas party and are drunk on punch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably, the fun ended when someone said "Hey guys, watch this!" and released a patch

Bread?

Network Hub
    Game is well and truly broke by looks of it lol

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...issues.163221/

ga