Page 165 of 306 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 6104
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I can ask same question about you fiddling with children. Why else would NC be at war with VS.
    Ummm, our children are vat reared until military drafting age, to make sure the priests don't get their hands on them.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    so .... snipers. these cloaked bastards used to be not much of a problem, but now ... i can't do a single thing to prevent getting OHK'ed during pretty much any fight by some dude that's doing nothing but camping on some hill. most of the time, i can't even do anything about it because they're cloaking directly after firing, making it pretty hard to actually find them. in conclusion, fuck snipers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    yes, the EM4-Longshot keeps one shot killing me, very annoying.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't think snipers recieved a buff in the patch... perhaps just high level people trying them out at the new optimal range? In which case hopefully they will all get bored soon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    high level NW prevented getting OHKed by headshots at pretty close ranges before. i had NW5 on my heavy and basically survived 95% of all sniper shots. now every headshot is a kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, but I was never killed by snipers much on any low or no nanoweave characters. People are probably just trying out the new mechanics, I cannot picture snipers being significantly stronger since the patch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Can't say I've noticed any difference in how often I die to snipers. I did try it out in VR a bit and I think I'll be investing myself.

Is the Walker on the mag worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Can't say I've noticed any difference in how often I die to snipers. I did try it out in VR a bit and I think I'll be investing myself.

Is the Walker on the mag worth it?
    With the state of the Basilisk being what it is now? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

As someone who often pull sundys, my personal opinion has always been that putting anything except Basilisks on a Sundy is a mistake, except for very specific situations.

Your most dangerous opponent will always be tanks. ESF and Libs aren't that good against moving sundys (even static, an ESF requires multiple mag/passes above you). Dual basilisks ensure you can win 1vs1 against a tank. Once you're deployed, it will be again far easier to have a Burster MAX deal with ESF than an anti-vehicle one dealing with tanks.

I often had regrets about not taking a gunner while pulling a sundy, i never regretted having basilisks on the thing. I also had several deaths in other people's sundys because they pulled something else than basilisks and we ended up killed by a tank.

For me, others weapons should be limited to very specific occasions : Fury for shield-breaker sundys and/or funny bus of death (ie farming infantry with non-AMS sundy). Walkers for forward operating base when doing an air squad (and even for that, you will still be happy to have basilisks if a lone tank stumble upon you, because your skyguards won't help against that)

Its 1 SC today on members sale, I think thats as much as its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Its 1 SC today on members sale, I think thats as much as its worth.
    Except that you need the second one too, otherwise, you will have shit capabilities all around instead of being good at at least one thing. So, not even sure it's worth the 1 SC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So Jumpjets, has anyone tried the drifter jumpjets and how they work? I now almost have my standard jumpjets max'd out and im interested in upgrading the other path, not sure how it holds in combat situations though, since I usually prefer getting up.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Except that you need the second one too, otherwise, you will have shit capabilities all around instead of being good at at least one thing. So, not even sure it's worth the 1 SC.
    I took it on faith that at some point SOE will balance it terribly and make it OP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    The drifters are fine for mixing it up and for some specific situations, but if you are a light assault fightning in a base (so 90% of the time) you'll have more use out of the ordinary jump jets IMHO. I often regret taking the drifters because I need to get over that wall/roof fast, but seldom regret that I can't hover in a straight line for 30 seconds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Good analysis of the new nanoweave:

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    It's the magrider walker IIRC, no secondary needed.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Wrel did a video on Drifters vs JumpJets, I believe this is still current.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Very good video, most of it seems valid still, although I wonder how much the tap-move is still true, it seems you lose all forward motion really quickly if you use that method.

Bread?

Amerish redesign is looking nice so far. I'm looking forward to seeing if they go the whole hog and include bespoke Amp Stations. If you're going to do something, do it right... Suppose the Test will reveal all. Speaking of which. Hossin, how much longer will we have to wait? Anything other than "Soon" been touted yet?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    So has anyone else noticed the Christmas crowd? Loads of new people in the game it seems. This brings with it both good and bad:

Good
    * More people playing the game helps sustain it
    * More people to shoot at, in particular low BRs to make us all feel better
    * More people enjoying the game, lovely

Bad
    * Vehicle zergs. You know the type, the sort where no one gets out EVER. They just sit in their 1/2 MBTs expectantly waiting for the base cap xp before moving on to the next base. Their only contribution to the game is the shoot anything that moves, friend or foe.
    * Friendly fire. I've been killed a lot more than usual recently by my own side. It's particularly irritating when it's a 1 hit kill (rocket launcher, vehicle gun, sniper rifle).

I find the vehicle thing really annoying. In fact, I'm starting to wish vehicles had a totally different role in PS2. Imagine if MBTs and lightnings cost like 600 resources and could actually perform the role of a tank (taking lots of fire). It would then be exciting to encounter one and have to work together to bring it down and a whole column of them would be terrifying (but very rare). As it is there's just a constant mob of tanks zooming round the map without anything useful to do because because SOE haven't designed the maps with vehicle play in mind (or so it seems to me). I think we need a continent where tanks rule and you need tanks to cross the open plains but then at the bases tanks are simply locked out. Current Esamir is the closest but there's still a lot of tank spawn camping and it's never imperative to use a tank to cross open ground.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!