Page 167 of 276 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 5515
    As a member that recently renewed for 1 year i think it's AWESOME!!! Before that change, i would get 500 sc and then wait forever for the thing i wanted to go on sale (you're not gonna low priced items with sc anyway).

And it was even worse recently, as i already have all the main weapons and stuff that is usually on sale (lancer, skyguard, etc...) so i would never find something useful.

Now i can finally get shiny player studio stuff or an unusual weapon I'm missing (like if i need the second arm of a MAX after the first one went on sale)
    Last edited by Ksempac; 03-01-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'll wait and see before making a judgement. I have most of the commonly useful weapons so was largely using the SC for camos and helmets. In particular there are quite a few player studio items that I want. The small print says that this offer is subject to exclusions. If they exclude player studio things then I will be upset. But as Ksempac says, this could be really handy for completing Max loadouts and getting other specifics.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    I don't think I like this. I was considering membership, but I've always told myself that I'd buy the stuff that actually matters with certs. That 500SC per month would have gone on cosmetic things which I otherwise wouldn't buy for most of the year. This puts a bit more pressure on you to buy expensive things that matter rather than waste the allowance on a cheap cosmetic.

I'm guessing this is SOE's plot to get you to buy expensive weapons with the membership bonus so that you have to buy SC for the cosmetic things. Not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Now i can finally get shiny player studio stuff
    They explicitly said "Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions may apply". I can't think why they would do that if they hadn't already decided to exclude at least some player studio content, and I can't really think why they would exclude some but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    I can't really think why they would exclude some but not all.
    I'm guessing here but from a cynical business perspective the logical thing to do is exclude the top sellers or parts of a 'set'. So, for example, if they notice that halftone camo plus viper helm is popular then they restrict one but not the other so people get one for 'free' and feel compelled to shell out for the other one.

It's possible (though seems unlikely to me) that they haven't yet decided what to exclude but are putting that disclaimer in so that people don't criticise so much when they later decide that some items are excluded.

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I'm guessing here but from a cynical business perspective the logical thing to do is exclude the top sellers or parts of a 'set'.
    Fair point.

It has just occurred to me that you'll also no longer be able to buy the members sale item without spending extra cash for SC under this system. Membership is expensive enough as it is without having to fork out more cash to use one of the membership benefits. I can see it from their perspective that they felt like they were losing out by giving you 500SC/mo plus giving you a 50% discount item, but the single-item system just seems like significantly worse value for something which is already so damn expensive for what it is.

I want more details on the boilerplate exclusion clause, but really, my 6 months experience told me 500 SC is usually not as useful as you think.

Best case scenario under the old system was you got 500 sc and the actual item you wanted went on sale for 350 SC.
    Usual scenario was you were tired of waiting for that item and bought it full price for 700 SC. Good luck getting both MAX blueshifts on sale.
    Even worse with cosmetic items. There are so many of them (ex : 3 different lumifiber for harasser!) , you would have to be very lucky to get the ones you wanted on sale. And with Player studio increasing the items pool, the chances were going down with every release.

What I did was save all my SC from monthly and use it in the sale. Meant I got more stuff than under the new model too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    What I did was save all my SC from monthly and use it in the sale. Meant I got more stuff than under the new model too.
    Next sale is probably no closer than July. You can save till then, i prefer to actually play with shiny new toys right away

But I can't save now since I get no SC :-P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Actually, this disincentives me from keeping my membership up. Got this one to ease journey to BR 100 a bit and probably will cancel it, just before it ends.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Actually, this disincentives me from keeping my membership up. Got this one to ease journey to BR 100 a bit and probably will cancel it, just before it ends.
    this, I bought the member for the xp boost primarily.. I guess this gets less valuble over time..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    This will probably see me buying more of the expensive cosmetic stuff and fewer of the cheap ones. I'll also be thinking about my sales purchases a bit more, I think. I'm not overly bothered with it though,the only problem is the same thing I don't like about eMusic, for instance, the fact that your stuff is only available for a month at a time, and if you don't claim it, you don't get anything.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

So this whole membership stuff made me go check my bank statements. SoE went and charged a whole six months of subs in September after my first six months expired. I was expecting it to go onto a month by month rolling basis at that point. I'm pretty annoyed because however dissatisfied I am with this (I think I'm a bit dissatisfied) I can't effectively cancel my membership. Not without a load of hassle anyway and I don't want a load of hassle. Harumpf.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    This does not bother me and seems like a fair change, even somewhat of an improvement, IF Player Studio items will NOT be excluded from the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    This does not bother me and seems like a fair change, even somewhat of an improvement, IF Player Studio items will NOT be excluded from the deal.
    That's the deal breaker for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    So this whole membership stuff made me go check my bank statements. SoE went and charged a whole six months of subs in September after my first six months expired. I was expecting it to go onto a month by month rolling basis at that point. I'm pretty annoyed because however dissatisfied I am with this (I think I'm a bit dissatisfied) I can't effectively cancel my membership. Not without a load of hassle anyway and I don't want a load of hassle. Harumpf.
    Sadly that's part of how these things work and if I'm not mistaken you where told (probably in fine print) that they would do this. You set up a sub for 6 months to avail of the discounted price and they told you after six months with no intervention on your part, they'd continue with the subscription, by which they meant the option you chose. If you went for a yearly it'd have done the same. Sony do it for PS+, I'm fairly certain Blizzard do it for WoW and I wouldn't be surprised to see if Netflix or Spotify did it too.

I'm not sure what to think of the changes. I haven't played in so long (in fact I've probably got a bunch of cash available). One thing I wonder though, is station cash used in PS2 also usable in other games like DCUO? If so, can I use my backlog of cash in those games and is this a measure to stop you doing that?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    One thing I wonder though, is station cash used in PS2 also usable in other games like DCUO? If so, can I use my backlog of cash in those games
    Apparently the answer to both of those is Yes. I don't know if this is a measure to stop you spending PS2 membership SC in something else, but I don't see why they think they have the right to: they were the ones who created the general-purpose, account-wide SC pool in the first place, and it's not like you haven't paid for that SC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    Apparently the answer to both of those is Yes. I don't know if this is a measure to stop you spending PS2 membership SC in something else, but I don't see why they think they have the right to: they were the ones who created the general-purpose, account-wide SC pool in the first place, and it's not like you haven't paid for that SC.
    Perhaps they noticed a trend where people where using the SC from PS2 in their other games and not spending money on those games. I know myself that after a while I just stopped buying things in PS2 because they didn't interest me.

Also I wonder what happens if you don't log in one month. I haven't played in weeks, probably months actually. But I know all my SC is there waiting for me. In this new system, if I don't log in for two months, I can only assume I miss out on selecting two items from those months.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Perhaps they noticed a trend where people where using the SC from PS2 in their other games and not spending money on those games. I know myself that after a while I just stopped buying things in PS2 because they didn't interest me.
    The problem then is that their catalogue isn't interesting, something which isn't changed by the new system. Forcing you to use that station cash or equivalent in the game you have membership for isn't going to make the same items more appealing. Besides, like I said you pay for that SC with your membership, so I don't see why they have any right to tell you which game you should be spending it on.

In this new system, if I don't log in for two months, I can only assume I miss out on selecting two items from those months.
    Apparently so yes, they stressed that the free item doesn't roll over into the next month.

Yes SC is SOE-wide, and that's probably why there is no more big SC sale : Everquest Next is right around the corner, and obviously they don't want to cheapen their next big MMO. The PS2 team has no control over SC, only over PS2 items sales. Hence why they went with big sales during Xmas.