Page 17 of 276 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Since I don't really care about that turret, I'm investing over 3k certs in engineers demolition abilities. 5 tank mines, 4 c4 and 3 betties is great addition to tactical defenses, eliminating high threat targets and mowing down the rest with my piston.

But later, that might be quite a thing to have in mass instead of annihilators honestly, shooting something in range etc.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Since I don't really care about that turret, I'm investing over 3k certs in engineers demolition abilities. 5 tank mines, 4 c4 and 3 betties is great addition to tactical defenses, eliminating high threat targets and mowing down the rest with my piston.
    Love you, too, man!

All for you, all 40 mines and c4, and vehicle nades.

mana av turret > mines & C4, simply because it dont cost resources and can be deployed every 3 seconds in case of splosion.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    mana av turret > mines & C4, simply because it dont cost resources and can be deployed every 3 seconds in case of splosion.
    If I want a heavy like weapon, I'll get a heavy, if I want to burst down a sundie, I get LA or Engie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    If I want a heavy like weapon, I'll get a heavy, if I want to burst down a sundie, I get LA or Engie.
    well thats the thing, you see, the engie is my perfect multirole class now. it does everything but heal regular infantry.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Some thoughts on the balance of Main Battle Tanks (an interesting read):
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ability.95479/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    well thats the thing, you see, the engie is my perfect multirole class now. it does everything but heal regular infantry.
    I'm still hoping for the Healing Station deployable 'turret' for the engineer, maybe with an IFF painfield on it too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

Worth reading Re: Magrider changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Ha! Re-post. But, yeah, it was a very interesting piece. Although, according to the Twitters, the graphs for Magrider vs. Prowler apparently were the same as Magrider vs Vanguard. Should be updated today, Higby said:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/303740698375643136
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 19-02-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Emm, dude, it's allready posted here by EsotericReverie

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Yeah, if you overlay the TR/VS and NC/VS graphs, they're identical.

That said it'd be good to see more data; kills with/without turret gunners, MBTs vs infantry, etc.

I can't help but feel the data here is but the tip of the iceburg and if alone it counts as balance then we're being sold short.

Not that I have a real problem with the current state of the tanks too much, I just feel the prowler is somewhat far ahead in the infantry killing stakes (but it could be more even than I think).

I do feel that the dual cannons seem to give them an edge, but that's strictly from observations of being on the receiving end. I have never driven a Prowler.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The prowler really benefits in AI due to his dual guns. Especially since HEAT has become the new HE being able to fire two shots in short succession is a great benefit.
    Also the recent buffs made it a very good "sniper". Once it's in this fancy build-up mode it's incredibly accurate.

But overall, I don't know but I don't feel like tank combat in this game is a great deal of fun. Most of the time it's tank on a hill against tank behind a tree because both don't have an intention to be perma-locked on. And the new engineer turret really doesn't make it better. That damned thing is an AV sniper... against the Annihilator you at least get a warning. Which doesn't help much, but at least you get one (sometimes).

I do not have the impression that SOE has any idea where they want tank balance and ground combat to go, except to even out some fancy statistics. I still think that ground combat was way better before the Annihilator was introduced. And I don't mean being HE spammed, but the overall feel of an combined arms engagement. I rarely see those happening anymore. In most cases it's tanks playing artillery while the inf in the middle tries to not get hit by both sides. At least on Indar. Playing way too little on the other continents. Maybe I should change that.
    Last edited by bonkers; 19-02-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My concern with the Mag vs Van/Prowl K is that the vast majority of Magriders I see have Sarons. Normally someone is pretty willing to hop in. The majority of enemy tanks I see don't have a manned AT secondary, and if they do, it has better AI capabilities.

Also, as Higby said, tank vs tank is well, only a small part of balancing MBTs.

Yeah, I'm increasingly coming over to Wardancer's point of view, that the Annihilator should go, possibly along with the Nemesis and Hades and their NC and TR versions. Though those are less of a problem. Alternatively, the launchers should be an option that replaces the LMG/battle rifle/shotgun for the heavy assault.

Network Hub
    Make the Launchers a primary weapon choice for the Heavy. Give them something else, a sandwich maybe?, as a tool instead.

Reverie, maybe only after they introduce new ES launchers, these should be removed and compensated.
    But I really don't agree with launchers being a primary weapon. You'd have a right to carry then about 15 rockets from the get go. And maxes would be more powerful funny enough.

Yeah, more ammo for the launchers for sure. 15 sounds about right. MAXes need to be more powerful against vehicles, in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't really think it would make sense for launchers to be a heavy's primary. What really distinguishes HA as a class (to my mind at least, I don't really play HA) is the ability to use big guns and take on armour even with the starting loadout. Engineers and LA have the ability to mine/C4 tanks while using their main weapon - taking away HA's ability to use launchers with a main weapon would make them seem kind of lame in comparison (now that engis can use AV turrets, even more so). Plus you could still get the same rocket spam at bases/wherever there is an equipment terminal.

Perhaps they should just get rid of the lock on AV launchers, if they really are an issue?
    Last edited by Rizlar; 19-02-2013 at 04:24 PM.