Page 175 of 294 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 5872
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-cet.167927%2F

new esf changes. Wonder if it might be time to learn how to dog fight.
    So they let the Hornets go to live, did they? Tankers, rejoice? Nah... :/
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-cet.167927%2F

new esf changes. Wonder if it might be time to learn how to dog fight.
    I've been dabbling with it for the past few days, but it's tough to break into. These Coyote missiles could be dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So they let the Hornets go to live, did they? Tankers, rejoice? Nah... :/
    Far as I know they reduced the rounds per mag and the total ammo, as well as putting a ~450m range limit on them. It's strange that they're giving ESFs more ground attack options though, that's mean to be the Liberators job.
    Last edited by RunningGloves; 16-01-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Well, according to reddit all the new esf weapons are underpowered and no ones gonna use them.
    Biggest thing about this update is the change to lockon missles. Gonna make flying a lot more fun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Well, according to reddit all the new esf weapons are underpowered and no ones gonna use them.
    Biggest thing about this update is the change to lockon missles. Gonna make flying a lot more fun.
    Yeah, was just coming here to post this. Just as long as SOE don't overbuff them once they realise they're pants...

• Stationary and deployed vehicles will no longer slide when on inclined surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Alright then. All is fine, I guess.

Also, agree with Dewi!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I too agree with Dewi! The one patch I've really been wanting is arriving!

Activated Node
    • VS shotgun slug velocity now matches the velocity of the other two factions.
    I find this one fairly interesting, I've been using my Nova with slugs quite a bit recently, specially as a LA round towers.

• Increased the amount of damage repaired by fire suppression on ESFs. Increased from 3/6/9/12% to 6/12/20/25%
    This also seems like a fairly large buff, I might have to cert into it. Would that replace composite armour?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    No, Fire suppression is utility slot, so you sac flares.

And screw SOE for Hornets, they can't be balance in any way not making them UP.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is it weird that I'm happiest about the buff to fire suppresion? I've been using it for ages, thinking it was the best option. And now they buff it.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Activated Node
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about giving up flares for it.

Sir Hoc - do you not find yourself getting hammered by A2A and G2A missiles?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki_MGF View Post
    Sir Hoc - do you not find yourself getting hammered by A2A and G2A missiles?
    Nope, G2A missiles you can avoid either by going up or flying behind cover, depending on what altitude you're at when you get locked-on. A2A missiles are harder to avoid if you're fleeing, but it takes three hits to kill you (especially if you're running fire suppression and don't have to worry about fire after the second hit) and you can either get away to friendly territory, or turn and fight (this mostly depends on how much AA support the other side has). Most people who use A2A missiles are not very good at dogfighting, plus you can avoid A2A missiles by going straight at the shooter and holding ascend or descend.

In short, I haven't had any problems with lock-ons when flying since they fixed the striker (and I was running fire suppression then as well, so it was possible to fly as well, it was just annoying with the whole "missiles going through terrain" thing).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    the hornets are going to live in a heavily pre-nerfed state, which makes me happy. most pilots feel that they're worthless now, but at least this will give SOE the chance to develop the weapon from UP to normal, instead of horrible op to crap later on..

MrEclectic, I know you read this thread:
    could you please, for the love of God or whatever, unsticky the Christmas Deals thread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    MrEclectic, I know you read this thread:
    could you please, for the love of God or whatever, unsticky the Christmas Deals thread?
    As requested: In the name of Zeus, Father of Gods and men, I have unstuck the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Is it weird that I'm happiest about the buff to fire suppresion? I've been using it for ages, thinking it was the best option. And now they buff it.
    I absolutely agree. I was already running Fire Suppression 4 on my Scythe, and this makes it even better.

Lock-ons are a pain, but if you're careful, it's pretty rare to die to 100% lock-on damage.

Network Hub
    Praise be our lord Vanu, the eternal purple giraffe.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    I absolutely agree. I was already running Fire Suppression 4 on my Scythe, and this makes it even better.
    Fire suppression is a little bit strong now. Use it while burning and it heals you twice, once to stop you burning, and then again for its normal regen over time for up to 25%. I can see it getting annoying if everyone flies with it.

I'm going to miss my stealthy A2A missile build now the range has been nerfed. It was fun to sit right at the limit of lock and watch your target wonder where the missiles are coming from. On the other hand, we're finally going to get some reward for flying a radar to an infantry fight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Ooh a reward for radar? That's pretty much all I've flown my reaver with, is this some kind of xp reward? Because I found my contribution to the ground fight to be reward enough before, but certs would be nice.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So this is from now one how every thursday is going to be? Planetside 2 down due to maintanance.