Page 177 of 305 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 6096
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Apparently it just decided to rewrite 50% of the files, the launcher then sorted itself out.

So after defeating the Steam mini boss, I am now on the 96% loading screen boss. It may take a few attempts to down this one...
    Think of all the trading cards you'll win for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Only if he has already beaten the micro-transaction mini-boss before!
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar

The description after 6:15 is somehow familiar.

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    *bangs head on desk* I was looking forward to playing with everyone on Thur because I was off, only to find the servers were down all day. Then today I decided to sleep a little extra because hey, it's Friday and everyone will be up late playing..I get on, click join squad and then the server goes down! Bah! But it's ok because I'm off Saturday, except now we're having family over and some friends invited themselves (??) over too. CURSES!

(I just had to get that out..)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It is indeed... Interesting thoughts throughout the video too, incidentally.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Heh yes indeed, that was lovely, so much fun with those mag's on galaxy's!

Christie, there is always another weekend!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    On other note, devs seem to have started responding and talking in official forums. Least 3000% more than last year, which is good but strange.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    On other note, devs seem to have started responding and talking in official forums. Least 3000% more than last year, which is good but strange.
    It's about bloody time. Peeps have been complaining bitterly about twitter and reddit being the only contact used by SOE.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

It looks like the Amerish Lattice is now out on the PTS. Might be worth having a gander at. Big download though...

Also on the PTS:
    Quote Originally Posted by SOE
    Amp Stations

• Zurvan has been updated to a Freyr style Amp Station.
    • Dahaka is a hybrid with elements from both the Freyr layout and the stock amp station.
    I've only fought at Freyr a couple of times with it's new layout, but I wasn't impressed. I thought it was quite a confusing maze in most places, and getting a spawn by capping one of the points is a change in mechanics that my tiny vodka soaked brain struggled with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The description after 6:15 is somehow familiar.
    Really interesting video, clearly the man has good taste in sillyness as well.

Although I agree with most of his points, towards the end, on the subject of the reverse-manoeuvre, it seems like he puts a bit too much value in the hours that vets have spent perfecting it. If the devs wanted to change the way aerial combat plays by getting rid of the reverse-manoeuvre, so long as they replaced it with a system that is at least as deep and interesting, I do not really see a problem with that. Then again, I'm not an experienced pilot, so put in context he is probably completely right.

But the reverse maneuver IS deep and interesting. It is what makes flying so incredbly fun in planetside.
    It is better, or alteast more entertaining, then BF4 flight mechanics.
    Dogfights do not result in turning around each other for ages until you someone gets behind the other guy.
    Instead the reverse manovere allows you to turn around, face the other ESF and fight each other head on.

Yes, not being able to fly backwards makes you a sitting duck against other aircraft but its only a tiny part of what makes good pilots so deadly. The ability to aim is much more important to actually winning a dogfight, the same with map and situational awarness.
    They are all things that you need to and should strive to learn to become good at the game.
    You can't be good at basketball without learning how to dribble.

Planetside 2s biggest problem is once again how badly it explains itself and its game mechanics.

New players that get in a plane either fly over a big fight and get vaporised or meet another ESF and get shoot down.
    They need to be given more information about how flying works, maybe link or show them a video tutorial the first time they pull an ESF and simple tips on the death screen i.e " Watch out for skyguards, aproach enemy tanks carefully" or " You have just been killed by a G2A missle. The closer you get the faster they can lockon to you. Tried using flares ?" and maybe "While under fire try to not fligh in a straigth line".

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Planetside 2s biggest problem is once again how badly it explains itself and its game mechanics.

New players that get in a plane either fly over a big fight and get vaporised or meet another ESF and get shoot down.
    They need to be given more information about how flying works, maybe link or show them a video tutorial the first time they pull an ESF and simple tips on the death screen i.e " Watch out for skyguards, aproach enemy tanks carefully" or " You have just been killed by a G2A missle. The closer you get the faster they can lockon to you. Tried using flares ?" and maybe "While under fire try to not fligh in a straigth line".
    This is pretty much why I gave up on flying. That, and everytime I try to it seems my mouse control has inverted again which throws me off. Infact, I didn't know there were guided missiles in the game (I had always shot at them with the rocket launcher) until I happened to see one the other day, and then also in that video. And then also in that video I saw one of them using flares! It seems like half the time, and really it's not just PS2 I have to do this with, you end up having to just look at the key bindings to see not only WHAT you can do but HOW to do it. With that said, PS2 just comes off as way more obtuse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aah yes, I tried the backwards flying manouvre but I cant seem to pull it off, anything else that might be a better start at A2A dogfighting?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wasn't questioning how deep and interesting the reverse-manoeuvre is, just his reasoning for not wanting it changed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    We will be doing a cert grant to fix members who did not receive their full certs sometime next week.
    The Higby /10char

Network Hub
    So I just shot down LazyTR's mosquito when he was harassing a friendly lib. He bailed and jetpacked through the sky. Then I killed him mid-air. I can uninstall now.

I'm also a big fan of the new engagement radar. The max range of 600m is huge and goes further than the mini-map. In hectic battles, finding the marker on the edge of the screen can be confusing sometimes, but I find it more useful for spotting approaching aircraft in the distance before they can get a drop on you or generally getting better situational awareness in larger fights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yeah, engagement radar should be a boon for new pilots wanting to dogfight. Wish they had just included it as part of the default ESF-GUI to be honest.

I suppose stealth works against engagement radar, does anyone know?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post

I'm also a big fan of the new engagement radar.
    How did you find running without flares? I was tempted to try the ER but wasn't sure it would be worth the tradeoff.

Network Hub
    My scythe fit before was hailstorm, afterburner, stealth and fire suppression. I don't really miss fire suppression, but I also haven't used it a lot since its buff, which IIRC is now twice as good. Since I usually fly low altitude and do hit-and-run strafing runs, lock ons aren't that much of a problem.

Engagement radar is cheap to cert, it's 61 certs to 500m and another 100 certs to 600m range.
    On topic, the coyotes seem pretty cool and useful (100 direct damage + 334 indirect damage [there's no splash on VR, don't judge from there]) but whenever I've trialed them, they barely ever hit. Maybe they become more powerful when certed in lock-on range.
    The hornets seem to be a lot of fun if you want to go for a helicopter close air support type of gameplay, but that's just inviting a whole lot of small arms fire and dumb-fire rockets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I suppose stealth works against engagement radar, does anyone know?
    It's supposed to, not sure how the different ranks work exactly, poss removes you from the radar at the stated distances.

Completely forgot to try out the engagement radar, it sounds amazing for someone who gets shot down out of the blue as often as myself. Re: flares, I have run with with scout radar a lot in the past and it's not too hard to just flee from ground lock-ons. Probably even easier since the lock-on changes. Don't seem to encounter many A2A lock-ons either.