Page 178 of 305 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 6088
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I suppose stealth works against engagement radar, does anyone know?
    In fact no, it doesn't. I read that on reddit I think but wherever it was someone was being very emphatic about it. I haven't had the means to test it alone.

I think I might give engagement radar a whirl for a pure AA loadout. I love my scout radar (especially with the extra assist xp now!) but I hate getting one clipp'd by a Vortek Reaver that spots me before I spot it.

I bought the coyotes yesterday and have also experienced the difficulty of getting hits. I think the thing is that at anything other than very short range you still need to lead a bit which is slightly hard to judge. However, if you zoom past an enemy ESF in a hover dogfight then just fire the coyotes as you pass, they'll do a sharp 90 degree turn and you'll score the hits. They are REALLY short range missiles it seems. Also, there's no lock on range/time upgrade. The equivalent slot only has reload speed but having dropped a few levels into that they now reload really quickly. I think that with a bit of practice this could be quite a good loadout for dog fighting. It will be especially good if the asymmetry of the loadouts mean that all those career pilots with their rotaries have to adjust their playstyle to combat it. Time will tell.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    In fact no, it doesn't. I read that on reddit I think but wherever it was someone was being very emphatic about it. I haven't had the means to test it alone.
    The fuck? I hope this is a bug.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I think that with a bit of practice this could be quite a good loadout for dog fighting. It will be especially good if the asymmetry of the loadouts mean that all those career pilots with their rotaries have to adjust their playstyle to combat it.
    I got the coyotes with some surplus certs and played around with them. They were fun so I decided to upgrade them. What I really like about them is that they have a lot of utility. They can be used against air (and effectively so in some specific close combat situations) and against infantry. I actually find them more enjoyable to use against infantry than rocket pods. The lack of damage is weighed up by the lightning quick reload and the ability to carry a huge amount of rockets.

yes, looking at your killboard you've been having ALOT of fun with them

dirty lolpodder

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, you can still do the reverse flying or so, I've seen the enemy do it multiple times. How do you actually execute it?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Well, you can still do the reverse flying or so, I've seen the enemy do it multiple times. How do you actually execute it?

I could have tried to explain it myself, but I don't use this maneuver much and I'm not good at it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Wrel discusses post-nerf ZOE in his latest video.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 20-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...lways_will_be/
    God I just love that post. Dear SOE, your air/ground interaction is broken by design. Putting additional weapons in will not fix it.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Oh wow, I didn't know the fighters had a NV/Infrared-type thing available. I always wondered how they could see me so easily when hiding in a building, I figured from that distance I should be harder to distinguish.

Interesting video about ZOE, but i think he forgot something. If ZOE should be used reactively to run away (the use he recommends), well, that's basically what Charge is for, and it's much better at it than ZOE. And actually that's what I've been thinking about ZOE for a long time (never certed it, while I'm at Charge 3 or 4 now)

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't know the fighters had a NV/Infrared-type thing available. I always wondered how they could see me so easily when hiding in a building, I figured from that distance I should be harder to distinguish.
    Thermal Optics is available on all vehicle weapons for 200 certs/weapon, and is awesome pretty much always (you see all enemies very easily). Only exception is when you want to fight at long ranges (it cuts your vision to a smaller distance than normal render distance)
    Last edited by Ksempac; 20-01-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks Lakroy, seems I can only go sideways nowadays. That might have been what I observed.
    Now that NV optics came up, I certed a lot of guns with them whilst they were usefull, but I simply cannot find a usecase for them anywhere now, have any of you used NV for anything since they changed those shaders?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    have any of you used NV for anything since they changed those shaders?
    Nope. Thermal all the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sooo, just been cruising around the new Amerish, because Dominicus told me to DL the test server or he'd hurt me.

Thoughts so far:

The big spaces are largley unchanged. most of what you know about the techs and amps stays the same. Some sattelites are a bit different in contruction, but they hold to the same place largley. The exceptions being one new for a couple of amp stations.

For some mysterious reason, they've decided Amerish needs to be more like Indar, with bases EVERYWHERE. So there are lots more bases than there used to be, mostly along the western and eastern edges. The bases in dumb places have been replaced largley though.

Cap points and spawns are mostly in infantry only areas. (There are exceptions - the remoddled Crux mining for example). The main point of vehicles will seemingly be to help/prevent sunderers getting to the next base.

The mountain in the middle is now like one vast mega-base, with big cavern systems, and foritifucations and walkways everywhere. The Ascent is obviously at the core of this, but so is Raven landing and the new Lithcorp central (LC acts a bit like a "gateway" sattelite to The Ascent).

Underground is a big theme. There are at least 3 bases that are principally underground, Subterannean Nanite ridiculously so (5 square levels. Spawn at the bottom, sundie spots at the top). They seem to be trying to pitch Amerish as a resource-rich, mining heavy place.

The big take away from my tour, is that new Amerish appears to have done away with the indentikit base feeling. It's rare that you'll ever have any doubt as to where you fought, almost every base is different and unique (although made largley of familiar assets). Towers are now pretty rare. Lots of places will need unique tactics too. I worry that some of these will be unassaultable when prepped. (I saw cap point rooms with two entrances already deep within a building, and some places that getting sundies near looks unmanageable).

A couple of the rubbish bases have oddly been left untouched (Granite Valley, Cryobank, West Pass). And while Rockslide might make progress from "worst base in the game", I'm not sure that it's even up to average standards yet.

Highlights to check out if you get on there:
    Highroads - new location, new base.
    Ascent (and surroundings)
    Heyoka Chemicals -
    Holy filters batman

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Clegg's level-design part of the FNO stream was generally interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/c/3...popout?t=3359s
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    ESF deaths of the last 2-3 days:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

~35% suicide (terrain) and ~10% vehicle collision. So only about 50% of ESFs actually get shot down. Maybe it's just me, but these numbers look incredibly wrong from a game design perspective.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

This guy....

76358 NS Deep Freeze 0.00% 1

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    ESF deaths of the last 2-3 days:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

~35% suicide (terrain) and ~10% vehicle collision. So only about 50% of ESFs actually get shot down. Maybe it's just me, but these numbers look incredibly wrong from a game design perspective.
    If you get shot to burning and lose engine power, you also have a chance to land too hard and suicide.

I also think a lot of people are trying ESFs again with the patch and they still have to learn to avoid trees and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Underground is a big theme. There are at least 3 bases that are principally underground, Subterannean Nanite ridiculously so (5 square levels. Spawn at the bottom, sundie spots at the top).
    warm up those lashers boys! muhahahaaaa

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    warm up those lashers boys! muhahahaaaa
    And AP mines. Lots and lots of AP mines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Jackhammer+flak armour, all I need