Page 184 of 276 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 5515
    Quote Originally Posted by Heske View Post
    New changes are reportedly going to allow you to spawn in squad-owned galaxies and sunderers.
    Could be interesting with no-deploy zones. Does anyone know if there are restrictions to squat-spawn there? If not this will probably change Amp-Station fights
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

That was amazing! They need to set the timers on Gal Spawns higher, and make them truly Squad only. But for now and possibly ongoing this idea of a circling gal bombing and dropping is just amazing! Loving it SOE - your game is broken but in an awesome fun way for a change!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll admit, that was more fun than I thought it would be. The advantage of having battle gals constantly circling could make air a lot more interesting in general. But when we were getting repeatedly dropped by C4 and tank mines north of Splitpeak Pass you could see the system breaking down a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of the galaxy changes with the caveat that so far I've only experienced their effect on the air and that effect may diminish or change as people get used to things. But last night the air above Amerish was thick with ESFs. Mostly scythes. Air fighting is a lot more enjoyable when there are multiple ESFs per side rather than the usual 1 on 1 duelling which is basically just an ego contest for the career pilots. This was proper PS2 fighting but in the air. The kills I got were all the result of team work with random scythes (kill stealing?) and I got a good number of assists of aircraft kills. I've no idea what havoc galaxy spawning is causing on the ground but the effect in the air is brilliant. For once I was actually able to assist the platoon whilst flying.

On that point I think that's why [RPS] (and [RTRS]?) don't have such a strong flying tradition. We're about the team play and to date the air game hasn't been well connected with the ground game. Hopefully that's changing. Regardless, I'd love to help new pilots get started and improve their surviveability. If anyone fancies flying with Wally let me know. Note: offer is open to both outfits though my Reaver isn't well certed. I'm sure some of our other pilots would also be willing to help people get airborne (and stay airborne)...
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I'd love to help new pilots get started and improve their surviveability. If anyone fancies flying with Wally let me know. Note: offer is open to both outfits though my Reaver isn't well certed. I'm sure some of our other pilots would also be willing to help people get airborne (and stay airborne)...
    I'm up for this as well whenever I'm online. As people might have guessed. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    From what i read on reddit people feel there needs to be a spawn timer added much like with beacon as c4 suicide drops then respawn above and drop again is dropping cap points as soon as it flips they suicide and spawn in the gal that has now moved to the next base.making an instant drop of resupplied guys.
    "Tread Softly and Carry a Big Gun."

PS 2 - Drexla
    Steam - Drexla
    BattleNet - Drexla#2236
    Origin ​- Garveyc
    Wildstar - Drexla

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    I'm up for this as well whenever I'm online. As people might have guessed. :P
    I've been enjoying flying a bit more recently, but would love for someone to teach me some aerial tips.

Activated Node
    Always up for some flying, especially A2A loadouts which will be more useful now.

Network Hub
    Yeah, when the passive cert grant comes through, I'm certing up my Galaxy. The Underbarrel nade launcher will just have to wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    The Underbarrel nade launcher will just have to wait.
    Isn't it just like 50 certs?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Isn't it just like 50 certs?
    100 and a weapon.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There was going to be an automatic warpgate rotation today, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    There was going to be an automatic warpgate rotation today, right?
    Should, isn't yet. My guess, EU primetime!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Should, isn't yet. My guess, EU primetime!
    K, i'll stop planning what we're doing tonight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallorn on Reddit
    We have 6 configurations defined that will start with the next rotation. Those six configurations go through every permutation of gate ownership on each continent.

So for example, one week when NC have North Indar, the VS will be SouthEast. The next time the NC have North Indar the VS will be in the SouthWest.

This also means that there will be cases where an empire won't rotate positions at all. We've set it up so this only happens once every six weeks. But while your gate may not change in this rotation, the position of your opponents will change, so it will not be the same configuration.
    Sounds like they've actually done some planning about rotations, to keep it interesting. These will also be happening live in game from now on, without the servers coming down. Could be fun...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Roadmap update:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ngelog.170994/

looks really interesting, much of it. Especially the resource system which I find a bit odd right now.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    It's great that we won't get a killcam after all, but the death-screen indicator where the shot came from is still unnecessary because we already have a lot of tracer fire anyway.

The resource system may be great. But I wonder where AMS Sunderer terminal resources come from.
    What I took from the notes:
    No more meticulous clicking on grenades and C4 to get rid of your 750 infantry resources.
    Defeating enemy max crashes and losing your own max crash could be more meaningful. Or sometimes even impossible to pull off because of a lack of resources. Then again, I've rarely seen more than two consecutive max crashes, because when you get wiped the first time you usually won't try again and the base is capped shortly afterwards anyway.
    We might see more reinforcements coming in from surrounding bases, where resources are still plenty. But that's just a guess from what it looks like on paper. This should be nothing new, because once your base is under siege and surrounded you wouldn't be pulling tanks from there anyway.
    The removal of acquisition timers is great, because it binds resource attrition to a specific spot on the map and not to your own play-style and enjoyment.
    I don't know what "Removal of XP generating resources means". Will rez-grenades no longer grant XP?

What this hopefully means is more strategy and more meta. Since this is "phase one" we will probably still get the ANT system and resource missions/convoys to supply besieged bases. The only question is how meaningful resource depletion will turn out and how much inter-outfit drama this might generate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    It's great that we won't get a killcam after all, but the death-screen indicator where the shot came from is still unnecessary because we already have a lot of tracer fire anyway.
    It's a measure to improve the experience for new players, which can be very frustrating in the chaos of Planetside. Wrel covers the suggestion here.

Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    I don't know what "Removal of XP generating resources means". Will rez-grenades no longer grant XP?
    What it means is that gaining experience points will no longer grant resources, like it does now.

Network Hub
    Ah yes, of course. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I like the unification of resources; means tankers can be tankers, pilots pilots and maxers maxers, while penalising people that try and do everything.