Results 361 to 380 of 3145
20-02-2013, 12:59 PM #361
HE is pretty "bad" now against infantry as it's center damage is lower then heat but has a wider aoe. Which doesn't give you kills. The longer an AI engagement gets the more kills you get with HE, but in most situations you only have a few shots and every one counts. So HEAT is the better choice. You will get more assists with HE, but that's not really what one should be going for.
Also HEAT only requires one more hit against vehicles as AP, so there currently is very little to no reason to choose anything else then HEAT. Especially on a Ligthning. The only difference there is that AP takes one less front armor hit.
HEAT + AP secondary. Way to go.
20-02-2013, 01:06 PM #362
Furthermore, HE had its reload speed reduced, ie it takes longer to reload. And HEAT has a flatter projectile trajectory than HE.
The question is, would a primary AP + secondary PPA setup work?
20-02-2013, 01:10 PM #363
New game update tomorrow.
"We will have a game update tomorrow morning, mostly bug fixes, new SMGs, render distance tweaks & misc. optimizations. Enjoy!"
20-02-2013, 01:20 PM #364
I dunno about the lightning.
I regret the AP purchase for my Mag, but not the lightning. The lightning excels at doing -one- thing well and not anything else. It's HE is still brutal even post-nerf and the AP makes is an incredibly tank hunter. Throw some front armour on it, race / flank behind enemy lines and pop those Prowlers. Just be sure to keep moving.Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
20-02-2013, 01:29 PM #365
20-02-2013, 01:55 PM #366
20-02-2013, 02:04 PM #367
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
well, don't purchase any new rocketlaunchers just yet (nanite systems, you heretics!). faction specific launchers are in the works, and hopefully the lancer will be very compelling.
20-02-2013, 02:12 PM #368
All servers will be brought down at 3:00 PM CET for a game update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:
· Tweaks have been made to render distance values
· Corrected an issue while using HR-NV on an SMG on low settings that would make it difficult to see other players within 20m
· Dying and reviving with the VS Eridan SX5 HS/NV Scope equipped will no longer cause the scope to become misaligned.
· Icon for the VS Eridani SX5 should no longer be misaligned
· If an engineer turret is placed on or near a vehicle pad, they will be deconstructed when a vehicle spawns.
· Optics will no longer persist when switching from gunner to the driver’s seat in various vehicles
· New SMG’s and customization items
· Players with outfit tags should be able to see kill messages in chat
· Made it so players can see hotspots on continents they are not on.
· While using the Enemy/Ally HUD color scheme, the influence pie chart will only display 2 wedges (ally vs enemy) instead of three (two of them being red anyway)
· Squad leaders should now be properly added to the Command Chat voice channel
· Squad leaders that belong to a platoon should now be able to promote a member of their squad to the role of squad leader.
· Fixed an issue where changing an outfit member’s rank would not always work on the first attempt
· Corrected an issue where multiple consumable tints could not be purchased at once in the Premium Early Access section of the depot
· Submachine guns should now appear properly in the depot when filtering for Infiltrator or Heavy Assault weapons
· Influence percentages on the HUD should now update more dynamically
· Fixed an issue where purple generator icons were being displayed on the respawn map instead of the appropriate destroyed generator icon
· Will no longer display a “Killed by ” message in chat when you are killed by a pain field
· Fixed the spawn location for Xelas South Bridge
· Made fixes to the coverage of multiple spawn room pain fields including:
o Zurvan Pump Station
o Zurvan Network Complex
o All forward spawns for Dahaka
o Saurva Data Storage
o Mao Southeast Gate
o Mao Southwest Gate
o Rashnu Cavern
o Rashnu Southern Pass
o Allatum Broadcast Hub
o Allatum Research Lab
o Hvar Northgate Garrison
o Auraxicom Substation
o Wokuk Shipping Dock
o Wokuk Storage Yard
o Camp Waterson
o Elli Barracks Complex
· Should now be able to successfully capture the Freyr Substation forward spawn point
· Fixed the spawn point at the NS Refinery
· Made fixes so the spawn room shields will properly change faction when the point is captured across the following areas:
o Hvar, Southeast Forward Spawn
o Mekala, North Forward Spawn
o Tumas, Northeast Forward Spawn
· All jump pads at Tawrich Depot should work correctly again
· All teleporters at Andvari Bio Lab should have functioning shields again
· Amerish’s East Hills Checkpoint should now display correct region info in the HUD
· All jump pads and air vehicle pads at Elli Amp Station should now properly recognize the Empire in control of the facility
· Saerro Listening Post’s teleporter room has had its pain field re-enabled
· Fixed an issue where specific door shields at Zurvan would be invisible when viewed from certain angles
· Corrected some missing wall textures at Tawrich
· Corrected ramp geometry errors across all amp stations
· Regions of the Vanu Archives should no longer display as part of Snake Ravine in the HUD
· VS Flare audio should no longer cut out when running low on ammo
20-02-2013, 02:18 PM #369
20-02-2013, 02:26 PM #370
I'm pretty sure that whilst labelled as GU03, it's not actually the content patch for feb so we should hopefully get some of the additions promised.
20-02-2013, 02:32 PM #371
Can anyone explain to me how this happened?
There was no Lightning in my view (could have only shot me from the front or left spawn room door) and also the shields were still up. They were going down any second but at this time they were still up.
Also tanks cannot shoot through spawnroom shields no matter what, at least I thought?
Against the vanguard it's also another one to the side and top for HEAT.
But the rear armor/hits (what the Lightning should be going for) is exactly the same. The only difference is that the second AP shot will make a MBT burn, the HEAT shot will not.
Last edited by bonkers; 20-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.
20-02-2013, 03:07 PM #372
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
20-02-2013, 03:07 PM #373
Splash damage sometimes registers through walls and shields I think? I've also heard people claim they've been shot through walls on mumble.
Last edited by mrpier; 20-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.
20-02-2013, 03:19 PM #374
20-02-2013, 04:56 PM #375
Patch on thursdayHear from the spirit-world this mystery:
Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
20-02-2013, 05:20 PM #376
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
oooh: · Squad leaders that belong to a platoon should now be able to promote a member of their squad to the role of squad leader.
20-02-2013, 06:20 PM #377
So don't completely discount that gun, it has its uses.
20-02-2013, 07:18 PM #378
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
20-02-2013, 08:04 PM #379
21-02-2013, 12:00 AM #380
234 logged in during February.
That's honestly no where near as bad as I thought.
140 in the past two days. Which is damned excellent.
180 not at all in 2013, but that's about right for what I expected.
Not gonna suggest a cull of memebers. [RPS] should remain a place where people who read about updates to the game and want to hop in again can just join Mumble and get going again. What I might do is put "Giraffe calf" to use once the in-game outfit list is sortable by last login.
Edit: What the fuck icetrance? That's like twice the XP/min of anyone else...Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY