Page 19 of 291 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    HE is pretty "bad" now against infantry as it's center damage is lower then heat but has a wider aoe. Which doesn't give you kills. The longer an AI engagement gets the more kills you get with HE, but in most situations you only have a few shots and every one counts. So HEAT is the better choice. You will get more assists with HE, but that's not really what one should be going for.
    Also HEAT only requires one more hit against vehicles as AP, so there currently is very little to no reason to choose anything else then HEAT. Especially on a Ligthning. The only difference there is that AP takes one less front armor hit.

HEAT + AP secondary. Way to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Furthermore, HE had its reload speed reduced, ie it takes longer to reload. And HEAT has a flatter projectile trajectory than HE.

The question is, would a primary AP + secondary PPA setup work?

New game update tomorrow.

"We will have a game update tomorrow morning, mostly bug fixes, new SMGs, render distance tweaks & misc. optimizations. Enjoy!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I dunno about the lightning.

I regret the AP purchase for my Mag, but not the lightning. The lightning excels at doing -one- thing well and not anything else. It's HE is still brutal even post-nerf and the AP makes is an incredibly tank hunter. Throw some front armour on it, race / flank behind enemy lines and pop those Prowlers. Just be sure to keep moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    New game update tomorrow.

"We will have a game update tomorrow morning, mostly bug fixes, new SMGs, render distance tweaks & misc. optimizations. Enjoy!"
    Optimization? Great, back to 15-20 fps...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

I regret the AP purchase for my Mag, but not the lightning. The lightning excels at doing -one- thing well and not anything else. It's HE is still brutal even post-nerf and the AP makes is an incredibly tank hunter. Throw some front armour on it, race / flank behind enemy lines and pop those Prowlers. Just be sure to keep moving.
    Yeah, but that works better on the plains of Esamir than the canyons of Indar. The Lightning (even with HEAT) excels at hit and run, but needs to have the room to run.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    well, don't purchase any new rocketlaunchers just yet (nanite systems, you heretics!). faction specific launchers are in the works, and hopefully the lancer will be very compelling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Optimization? Great, back to 15-20 fps...
    We'll see if they've got their patching procedures back in order. More details on the update:
    http://www.planetside2.eu/teasers/25...ntime-and-gu03
    All servers will be brought down at 3:00 PM CET for a game update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

General Updates

· Tweaks have been made to render distance values

Infantry Updates

· Corrected an issue while using HR-NV on an SMG on low settings that would make it difficult to see other players within 20m
    · Dying and reviving with the VS Eridan SX5 HS/NV Scope equipped will no longer cause the scope to become misaligned.
    · Icon for the VS Eridani SX5 should no longer be misaligned
    · If an engineer turret is placed on or near a vehicle pad, they will be deconstructed when a vehicle spawns.
    Vehicle Updates

· Optics will no longer persist when switching from gunner to the driver’s seat in various vehicles
    Item Updates

· New SMG’s and customization items

UI Updates

· Players with outfit tags should be able to see kill messages in chat
    · Made it so players can see hotspots on continents they are not on.
    · While using the Enemy/Ally HUD color scheme, the influence pie chart will only display 2 wedges (ally vs enemy) instead of three (two of them being red anyway)
    · Squad leaders should now be properly added to the Command Chat voice channel
    · Squad leaders that belong to a platoon should now be able to promote a member of their squad to the role of squad leader.
    · Fixed an issue where changing an outfit member’s rank would not always work on the first attempt
    · Corrected an issue where multiple consumable tints could not be purchased at once in the Premium Early Access section of the depot
    · Submachine guns should now appear properly in the depot when filtering for Infiltrator or Heavy Assault weapons
    · Influence percentages on the HUD should now update more dynamically
    · Fixed an issue where purple generator icons were being displayed on the respawn map instead of the appropriate destroyed generator icon
    · Will no longer display a “Killed by []” message in chat when you are killed by a pain field

Facility Updates

· Fixed the spawn location for Xelas South Bridge
    · Made fixes to the coverage of multiple spawn room pain fields including:

o Zurvan Pump Station
    o Zurvan Network Complex
    o All forward spawns for Dahaka
    o Saurva Data Storage
    o Mao Southeast Gate
    o Mao Southwest Gate
    o Rashnu Cavern
    o Rashnu Southern Pass
    o Allatum Broadcast Hub
    o Allatum Research Lab
    o Hvar Northgate Garrison
    o Auraxicom Substation
    o Wokuk Shipping Dock
    o Wokuk Storage Yard
    o Camp Waterson
    o Elli Barracks Complex
    · Should now be able to successfully capture the Freyr Substation forward spawn point
    · Fixed the spawn point at the NS Refinery
    · Made fixes so the spawn room shields will properly change faction when the point is captured across the following areas:

o Hvar, Southeast Forward Spawn
    o Mekala, North Forward Spawn
    o Tumas, Northeast Forward Spawn
    · All jump pads at Tawrich Depot should work correctly again
    · All teleporters at Andvari Bio Lab should have functioning shields again
    · Amerish’s East Hills Checkpoint should now display correct region info in the HUD
    · All jump pads and air vehicle pads at Elli Amp Station should now properly recognize the Empire in control of the facility
    · Saerro Listening Post’s teleporter room has had its pain field re-enabled
    · Fixed an issue where specific door shields at Zurvan would be invisible when viewed from certain angles
    · Corrected some missing wall textures at Tawrich
    · Corrected ramp geometry errors across all amp stations
    · Regions of the Vanu Archives should no longer display as part of Snake Ravine in the HUD

Audio Updates

· VS Flare audio should no longer cut out when running low on ammo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Server merges are obviously coming soon, too, though I suppose we are not going to be affected by this:
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/304207140019654656

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that whilst labelled as GU03, it's not actually the content patch for feb so we should hopefully get some of the additions promised.

Can anyone explain to me how this happened?
    There was no Lightning in my view (could have only shot me from the front or left spawn room door) and also the shields were still up. They were going down any second but at this time they were still up.

Also tanks cannot shoot through spawnroom shields no matter what, at least I thought?

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6032/001xmx.jpg

The thing is: the only difference between Lightning AP and HEAT is that HEAT takes one more shot to the front of a prowler. Rear and side armor is exactly the same amount of shots/TTK.
    Against the vanguard it's also another one to the side and top for HEAT.
    But the rear armor/hits (what the Lightning should be going for) is exactly the same. The only difference is that the second AP shot will make a MBT burn, the HEAT shot will not.
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-02-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how this happened?
    There was no Lightning in my view (could have only shot me from the front or left spawn room door) and also the shields were still up. They were going down any second but at this time they were still up.

Also tanks cannot shoot through spawnroom shields no matter what, at least I thought?

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6032/001xmx.jpg
    I think the wall you're next to is an exterior one - I've heard of C4 explosions getting through walls/shields (I think the former was patched at some point), so maybe the same thing?
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Splash damage sometimes registers through walls and shields I think? I've also heard people claim they've been shot through walls on mumble.
    Last edited by mrpier; 20-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I'm pretty sure that whilst labelled as GU03, it's not actually the content patch for feb so we should hopefully get some of the additions promised.
    I do hope, they just learned and will add it in small chunks.

Patch on thursday

Network Hub
    oooh: · Squad leaders that belong to a platoon should now be able to promote a member of their squad to the role of squad leader.

I regret the AP purchase for my Mag, but not the lightning.
    I don't regret my mag AP one bit. It get pulled out every now and then against an enemy armour column to great effect. I remember this one time the base right south of the norther WG, the TR had massed a ton of armour and a couple of sundies to push back our advance when I pulled a single AP mag and I, with the help of an excellent gunner (can't remember who, but you were awesome), took out their entire tank advance in one fell stroke. Probably one of my crowning achievements, and there's no way it would have worked without AP, because the speed with which they were taken out actually made sure they were unable to react before they were dead.

So don't completely discount that gun, it has its uses.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I don't regret my mag AP one bit. It get pulled out every now and then against an enemy armour column to great effect. I remember this one time the base right south of the norther WG, the TR had massed a ton of armour and a couple of sundies to push back our advance when I pulled a single AP mag and I, with the help of an excellent gunner (can't remember who, but you were awesome), took out their entire tank advance in one fell stroke. Probably one of my crowning achievements, and there's no way it would have worked without AP, because the speed with which they were taken out actually made sure they were unable to react before they were dead.

So don't completely discount that gun, it has its uses.
    absolutely. its disadvantage (not being able to kill infantry) is pretty damn huge for too little benefit, imo. projectile speed needs to be brought in line with at least the vanguard.

Just putting that here. Not much info but it's something. Especially including to be sortable by "last login"
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...Planet+Shotgun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    234 logged in during February.
    That's honestly no where near as bad as I thought.

140 in the past two days. Which is damned excellent.

180 not at all in 2013, but that's about right for what I expected.

Not gonna suggest a cull of memebers. [RPS] should remain a place where people who read about updates to the game and want to hop in again can just join Mumble and get going again. What I might do is put "Giraffe calf" to use once the in-game outfit list is sortable by last login.

Edit: What the fuck icetrance? That's like twice the XP/min of anyone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG