Page 192 of 276 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    So how's Amerish?
    Having played on Amerish for almost 5 minutes last night (!) my impression is that the new NC Arsenal is a fun base. It's much more distinctive than before with a huge square hole in the middle accessed via tunnel or grav lifts. There's also a huge building which is very open inside - that's going to make for some brilliant infantry only fights I think. To date the only infantry only areas really have been biolabs which are choked with choke points making rocket spam the tactic du jour.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, most of the bases are pretty much unique designs now, apart from tech/amp/bio labs. Quite a few entirely new buildings, and some really weird and interesting concepts (Subterranean Nanite Analysis, The Ascent...) Overall, I'm really happy with the variety and the new and exciting ideas! Time will tell whether the bases are balanced or not...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

More server nonsense this evening. However, double XP to compensate:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/436973363940974592

Let's hope the servers can handle it...

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Luperza moving to position as Community manager of EQ2. RadarX returning as Community manager for PS2:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/.../#post-2518173

I remember RadarX from the tech test / beta. This is not a good change.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Oh, yeah Luperza was really good, and this is certainly not a change for the better...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Oh, yeah Luperza was really good, and this is certainly not a change for the better...
    I disagree. She was mediocore at best and unlike RadarX, managed to insult NC community with L2P's quite several times.

I actually had better times with RadarX, than Luperza.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Current state of Radar/motion spotter/recon tool.

So in brief, darts and motion sensors will detect you if:

You walk, sprint or jump
    you crouchwalk straight forward

Crouch-strafing - even diagonally forward - or crouchwalking backwards will not cause a blip, nor will turning in place or reloading.

There's no difference in detection ability between the motion sensor and the recon darts aside from the obvious range/duration.

Scout Radar detects you regardless of movement.

Info current as of 20/02.
    Last edited by Kal; 22-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.

stoopid, saw your tweet reply to Higby saying you couldn't log into miller! Well played.. couldnt log on either..

You should try tweeting Higby, I logged in immediately after the tweet was sent, which must have been after five or six failed attempts! Witchcraft!
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Network Hub
    A max-range ESF scout radar is pretty much the counter to post-patch infiltrators because of its ability to cover large areas quickly. You used to be able to guess where an Infiltrator would be hiding by looking for obvious sniper vantage points and spamming the general area with PPA fire, but now with advent of the Stalker Cloak, they seem to like sitting around in the middle of nowhere just watching people for hours.

Come to think of it, I propose we should rename the "Stalker Cloak" to the "Pervert Anorak", due to the habit of its users of sitting in a bush and leering at passers by.

+1 for Pervert Anorak!

So having played a bit more on Amerish I'm definitely smitten. My favourite continent for sure. The thing that struck me most was how epic most of the bases feel. There's a much better use of height than on Esamir and probably even better than Indar - for example, Highroads Station which is built into the side of a mountain and feels like some space age Mayan temple of air defence. The whole thing, particularly at night, puts me in mind of the original Syndicate game. Now if they would just introduce a persuadatron...

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    +1 for Pervert Anorak!
    Haha that's exactly what I was about to write!

[engaging killjoy mode] What you really need to deal with all the dirty pervs is a single squad infiltrator of your own, to spam darts around anywhere you suspect an enemy might be hiding. Then you just need to keep one eye on the minimap (cloaked infs do show up, right?).

Inf is my go-to class in PS2, and I've had to switch out a fair number of times recently for the sake of squad comp.

Sucks that I don't get to use my crossbow so much, but it's great to see so many of us getting to grips with the class. We often used to be in the uncomfortable position of having no radar coverage on attack and defence, but that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

As for Amerish - I've enjoyed playing on it, but I'm tiring of playing on the same bases now. It's been quite high-pop the times I've logged on over the weekend, and we had a lot of big (bordering on grind) fights in the same places. Will be great when continent pops balance out more, it was very odd this weekend.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I believe Amerish represents more than just upgraded bases. Though I kinda miss old Amerish, as a guy, who like it, this one is good enough.
    Bases on Amerish represent settling in Auraxis. First iteration bases were mostly just housing modules, dropped from space, to create simple, but useful housing. Current Amerish bases are more fleshed out. Outposts are more groundbased and don't really look like something that was simply deployed and made habitable, these look more like bases were worked on by "workers" to make them more comfortable to be in.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bankrotas, the world seems to get more meaning, better definition of how its supposed to work. Its starting to make sense. Atleast that is my perception of the new amerish.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

I really like the fact that they have at least made some effort at more or less plausible themes for the bases, though it still irks me, whenever I think about it, that the fiction of the settling of an alien planet is so vacant from the game world.

Fairly major nerf to medic revives. If you are not revived in 30 seconds (patch notes say 15 but higby tweeted to say it has been changed) your corpse despawns and you cannot be revived. Means medics are going to really be on there toes.
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    Fairly major nerf to medic revives. If you are not revived in 30 seconds (patch notes say 15 but higby tweeted to say it has been changed) your corpse despawns and you cannot be revived. Means medics are going to really be on there toes.
    Yikes... I guess with the increase of available spawns I can see the point. Although it means you'll need to really prioritise revives.

be nice if there is a longer time for max rezzes..