Page 193 of 315 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 6294
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Not sure what I have to think of this, as on one side it will greatly help with clearing rooms. Yet on the opposite side it might make the need for aditional medics even higher.

I only healing grenades would be more usefull besides luring enemies out and acting as a distraction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    be nice if there is a longer time for max rezzes..
    Indeed. I doubt it though, means having an engi and medic buddy is really required.

If you start to res someone on the 29 second mark will it go through? Or will they still despawn (currently it's the latter - correct?)

Network Hub
    • Camos for weapons, vehicles, and armor have been consolidated into one item.
    I really shouldn't have caved in and finally bought some weapon camo at Christmas...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, not really sure how to feel about this change. On the one hand, it's good if revives are prioritized over everything else except killing direct dangers when you're medic. On the other hand, 30 seconds is a really short time, and sometimes you can't reach people until a push is finished. Guess we'll have to see how it play out on live.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Indeed. I doubt it though, means having an engi and medic buddy is really required.

If you start to res someone on the 29 second mark will it go through? Or will they still despawn (currently it's the latter - correct?)
    It'll probably go through because a max-rank heal tool will rez someone in .5 seconds.

It will despawn at 30, so if you start at 29.7 you're out of luck.

30 seconds is longer than it sounds. will still have to experience it ingame however to get a real feel for how it effects combat.
    AKA Rushtone

• Successful revives now have a 10 second accept/decline timer. If this timer reaches zero then the revive is declined and that player's corpse is removed from the world.
    Other thing.
    I'd really love it if rez grenades detonated on impact.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Revive change will probably mean either more people will use medics in team play or actually less medics will be used with grenade bandoleers actually. All depends on attacking and defending. I'd actually use less medics on offensive than defensive formations.

But I do wonder, if first iteration of this won't be broken as shit. If you're rezzed at 29th second of death and then wait for couple more seconds, won't you respawn as a ghost ?

That would make them bad. Exposing yourself to potential enemy firing zone to revive people is bad idea.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 26-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Other thing.
    Noooooooo. I love bouncing rez grenades on stuff to revive people in hard to get places.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Also if the change is such that the player is despawned even if they are in the process of being revived it is going to make top level revive tool even more important to playing the class effectively.
    AKA Rushtone

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    That would make them bad. Exposing yourself to potential enemy firing zone to revive people is bad idea.
    The radius is enough that you can revive people in the immediate vicinity. And if you want to try some maneuver where you revive your team that is in or behind the enemy then it should have an element of risk to it.

@SirHoc I do that too, and love it. But I still think it's ridiculous how it can work in certain situations!

Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    Also if the change is such that the player is despawned even if they are in the process of being revived it is going to make top level revive tool even more important to playing the class effectively.
    My mental blacklist of people reviving and not healing up people with not maxed meditool is too damn long already. If you're playing medic as main and you're br 15 or up, there is no excuse not to have lvl 5 meditool.

The radius is enough that you can revive people in the immediate vicinity. And if you want to try some maneuver where you revive your team that is in or behind the enemy then it should have an element of risk to it!
    Oh bullcrap, radius is 2-3 meters, maybe up to 5, but not more, also blockable by doodads. Here's a risk: you need to attract attention to usefully revive someone, otherwise, they're dead faster than they can see past their "Confirm" click.

Furthermore, if you don't even try to clear revival are even a bit, you should hand in you meditool and go be a meatshield or an engi. CM's have best weapons for a reason and not using them makes you a bad team player. If you can't use them, then stay clear of being last through the door.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I do that too, and love it. But I still think it's ridiculous how it can work in certain situations!
    Agreed. But, it requires a certain amount of skill (because throwing grenades in this game can be more than a bit wonky), and also feels kind of realistic. PS2 might not be realistic or logical in most aspects, but having revive grenades not detonate on impact is something that actually kind of makes sense.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Agreed. But, it requires a certain amount of skill (because throwing grenades in this game can be more than a bit wonky), and also feels kind of realistic. PS2 might not be realistic or logical in most aspects, but having revive grenades not detonate on impact is something that actually kind of makes sense.
    Perhaps if you could cert into configuration on whether it would be bouncing or instant detonate would be nice. I reckon the amount of times I'm annoyed by a wonky bounce outweighs when it's come in handy.

@Bank For me that radius is more than sufficient. I think it's far too easy to bring back a relatively large force of people from safety. Force in numbers is always going to do well.

I disagree. Bringing back large force which is "stunned" for a second or two is not that powerful considering that you're vurnerable for so many aoe's. Simple frag would deny revivals. And with the 10 second time limit upcoming, the rez nade without any support for those being rezzed will be as useful as reviving someone in doorway covered by 4 maxes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For me it feels like ress grenades just take a bit too long to detonate.

Revive change does make sense, now if you clear a room and keep the medics away for 30s you can be sure that it's actually secure. In most situations 30s will be long enough to get people up.

But the most exciting thing is camo change - giraffe everywhere!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Hmm, not really sure how to feel about this change. On the one hand, it's good if revives are prioritized over everything else except killing direct dangers when you're medic. On the other hand, 30 seconds is a really short time, and sometimes you can't reach people until a push is finished. Guess we'll have to see how it play out on live.
    I actually think that's kind of the point. At the moment pushes rarely cost anything more than infantry resources if they're successful.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I actually think that's kind of the point. At the moment pushes rarely cost anything more than infantry resources if they're successful.
    Yeah that makes sense. And if that's how it will work when it goes live I'm all for it.

I also have the nagging feeling that they've looked at the stats and noticed that people get a lot of xp from revives. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Yeah that makes sense. And if that's how it will work when it goes live I'm all for it.

I also have the nagging feeling that they've looked at the stats and noticed that people get a lot of xp from revives. :P
    Nope, it's more to change "metagame" than just reduce the SPMs of medics.

Network Hub
    From las0m on Reddit -

"Corpse will only decay when a revive is in progress if that player chooses to manually respawn. Just like now. One of the things this change does is demystify some of the revive rules by putting more feedback on the timers in front of players so it's more clear that the timers exist and their state."

To be honest, I'm not sure it'll change our tactics *that* much. Most of our revives are within 30s anyway. If it takes longer than 30s to get revives in, you've probably already lost the fight.