Page 194 of 276 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Most of our revives are within 30s anyway. If it takes longer than 30s to get revives in, you've probably already lost the fight.
    Or you would be better off respawning anyway and bringing up the rear. Only situations I can see the timer really being annoying would be drawn out, spawnless assaults. Will need to be extra careful to stick close together and get revives out in time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._2014_6_am_pt/

Lots of new stuff going live. Revive mechanics, sniper rifles, and unified camos. Looking forward to this one!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._2014_6_am_pt/

Lots of new stuff going live. Revive mechanics, sniper rifles, and unified camos. Looking forward to this one!
    I'm really glad they're giving the Eidolon a velocity buff, it seems like a decent weapon but even with HVA it isn't great at the kind of ranges you'd expect a semi-automatic rifle to excel at.

Network Hub
    I guess gun camos were never a big money spinner for SOE, though is a bit of a shame for people who bought them to complete a camo set to find out that they needn't have bothered.

2 x 500SC gun camos x 50% sale x 30% discounted SC = 350 SC wasted at Christmas

On the other hand, I can now dress my max in full patriot camo for optimum hideousness.

The thread on the patch notes also mentions that Physx is probably going to be re-enabled this patch. I predict large numbers of people firing flare guns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ah, the PhysX effects were really nice looking. Time to pull the pin on my healing grenades!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Sooo. Stuff to note. You get one more free loadout slot, when you answer the questions, which is great!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Plus:

thanatos (250 cert shotgun)-now free
    One of: pulsar lsw (100 cert LMG)/pulsar C (250 cert long range carbine)/corvus (250 cert long range AR)/cosmos(left, 250 cert AV max)/ghost (bolt action low zoom sniper) -free with quiz
    cell camo free
    Motion spotter 1
    Drifter jets 1
    Adv. shield capacitor 1 for some classes, nanoweave 1 for medic free.
    And a boost.

I picked the ghost.

Do all characters on an account get the new free loadout slots? Or just the single character that you can answer the starter quiz on?

Was thinking I might do the quiz on an alt, as my main has almost all the "rewards" already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Free stuff quiz what?

edit: just actually read the notes, interesting!

If the free stuff is supposed to be for the class selected, and the only weapon I would be interested in is the ghost, do I need to try and answer the questions in an infiltratey fashion?
    Last edited by Rizlar; 27-02-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Free stuff quiz what?

edit: just actually read the notes, interesting!

If the free stuff is supposed to be for the class selected, and the only weapon I would be interested in is the ghost, do I need to try and answer the questions in an infiltratey fashion?
    Someone has said that there is a button to skip the quiz and just choose the pack you want.

Just answer the quiz. The result is a suggestion and it lets you repick after.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Just answer the quiz. The result is a suggestion and it lets you repick after.
    "At BR 16, every [RPS] member takes the Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test, or G.O.A.T., which helps determine job placement"

I, for one, welcome this interesting new game of Loadout Reorganisation-side!

Seriously, am I the only one whose OCD is kicking in now that all our loadouts have been changed around?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfieV View Post
    I, for one, welcome this interesting new game of Loadout Reorganisation-side!

Seriously, am I the only one whose OCD is kicking in now that all our loadouts have been changed around?
    Nope, spent five minutes tearing my hair out about it and reorganising everything.I'd forgotten how crappy the default look is.

With the return of PhysX comes the return of crashes. Haven't had any in months, then had three today in two hours. None in the hour after I turned the buggers off again.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Earlier today I wanted to play oracle and write exactly that but then didn't as I feared that people might call me out for being too negative again
    I wish they would have gone with Mantle integration instead. That's actually something the game could have benefited from.

On the quiz side I think I have to go with the Pulsar C. Own everything except that and the LSW.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by Patchnotes
    Adjustment to the way logins are processed which should reduce the long login issue and instability.
    haven't been playing yesterday, but sounds quite nice
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Earlier today I wanted to play oracle and write exactly that but then didn't as I feared that people might call me out for being too negative again
    I wish they would have gone with Mantle integration instead. That's actually something the game could have benefited from.

On the quiz side I think I have to go with the Pulsar C. Own everything except that and the LSW.
    The LSW is cheaper too (only 100 certs, the C is 250), so from an efficiency standpoint you'd be better off with the Pulsar C.

Not to mention that it also actually fits in a role. Between the SVA-88 and the Orion you don't really need a LSW.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Given their inability to optimise in general - I'd really not like to see them trying to leverage low level APIs for Mantle. It would go badly for everyone I imagine.

Appearantly they do a hotfix now: http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/annou...--t569036.html
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r