Page 197 of 317 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 6334
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    TIL you can shoot recon darts.
    Same here. Saw Wrel do it. Was amazed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Yep, first I learned you can destroy them with EMPs a few weeks ago, now that you can shoot them (also through the Wrel video). And this is after playing more than 2000 hours...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Balance update details on the roadmap:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...alance.176747/
    Some very welcome changes; Mana AV range/protection nerf and dodgy fall mechanics effecting aim/impeding movement getting fixed.

But making the AV turret spot itself when firing seems ridiculous. Unless it's just spotted for the person hit with it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    But making the AV turret spot itself when firing seems ridiculous. Unless it's just spotted for the person hit with it?
    I've just been playing and I think the way this works is similar to any other weapon. When it fires it shows up on the map briefly then fades. I don't think it did that before. This brings it in line with other weapons so that you don't effectively have a suppressor on the AV turret.

Edit: oh hang on, these are changes they haven't yet implemented? In that case what are they doing? It's fine as it is...
    Last edited by WallyTrooper; 08-03-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    It's fine as it is...
    It isn't. It still can shoot from 900meters.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Only one vehicle is necessary for all tasks:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Only one vehicle is necessary for all tasks:
    Just the best thing ever. Happy anniversary Skywhale!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are you a wizard? Cos that video was magic.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

I'm getting more and more hackusations. Just now a guy claimed I was hacking because I killed him on the other side of a generator.

While his legs were visible below it.

With a Lasher.

I must be getting better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I just got blamed for being a "stupid lolpod farmer". That guy was my bronze kill. Now I feel almost as bad as when killing BR1s.
    Last edited by bonkers; 10-03-2014 at 01:37 AM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I just got blamed for being a "stupid lolpod farmer". That guy was my bronze kill. Now I feel almost as bad as when killing BR1s.
    During the CTA last night I took a Scythe to try and help clear the air around Wokuk Eco. Once the enemy aircraft backed off I tried to support the guys on the ground, but all I had was my Coyotes. After a couple of kills one of the guys sent me a tell saying "Dat **** is for air n00b". As if, you know, that hadn't occurred to me, and that I wasn't just trying to make the best of what I had.

Some people are never happy when air is around, just enjoy the tears. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    "Dat **** is for air n00b". As if, you know, that hadn't occurred to me, and that I wasn't just trying to make the best of what I had.
    Some people are funny...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by RunningGloves View Post
    all I had was my Coyotes. After a couple of kills one of the guys sent me a tell saying "Dat **** is for air n00b".
    I think it's funny anyone thinks it matters. He was obviously upset to have been killed and probably doubly so because it's harder to score the kill with coyotes than lolpods. Can't imagine he'd have been too happy about being lolpod'd either. I say, use whatever you like. It's particularly satisfying to kill a good pilot in a dogfight using coyotes. The fact that coyotes are seen as somehow inferior yet superior to noseguns is just delicious irony. I use whatever's going to help me kill the bad guys fastest.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I think it's funny anyone thinks it matters. He was obviously upset to have been killed and probably doubly so because it's harder to score the kill with coyotes than lolpods. Can't imagine he'd have been too happy about being lolpod'd either. I say, use whatever you like. It's particularly satisfying to kill a good pilot in a dogfight using coyotes. The fact that coyotes are seen as somehow inferior yet superior to noseguns is just delicious irony. I use whatever's going to help me kill the bad guys fastest.
    Couldn't agree more. Although I have to admit I haven't been using the coyotes at all the last week or so. I got the feeling that I relied to much on them, trying to use them even when the nosegun would be better, interestingly enough. So it's back to good old photon pods for me. They do more damage to libs and gals anyway. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'll raise my hand in admission that I'm one of those people that gets really pissed off with the air game. Largely the better pilots, and I'm not gonna send any in game tells or anything, but I really feel that at the moment a single pilot can screw up the game for entire squads. Ground based AA has all the effect of bug spray bought in a 6-for-1 pack at Poundland, and unless you've spent dozens of hours perfecting every single manoeuvre in the air as well as how much lead you need to actually hit, ramming's the only hope you have against a better pilot and then the tells get directed at you instead.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    ramming's the only hope you have against a better pilot and then the tells get directed at you instead.
    I'm proud to say I've rammed some of the finest pilots on the server. If the best outcome I can achieve is a draw then that's what I'll do. And there's no shame in it. If they rage at you they're just as bad as anyone else complaining about losing. Use the weapon that suits - that includes the aircraft itself. Though I fully agree that the air game is sadly very stratified with a much less level playing field than the infantry game and that's a real shame. I think coyotes have actually really helped level it a bit at least.

Wally is now on Steam!

but I really feel that at the moment a single pilot can screw up the game for entire squads.
    The air-to-ground game has the same problems as the air-to-air game at the moment: the great pilots dominate, everyone else just gets along. I understand the frustration against high-skill pilots that farm everyone within render range but most of the suggestions people come up with to the deal with the problem would affect the elite pilots a bit but utterly destroy all of the other pilots.

I'm against ground-to-air locks getting a nerf, but to be honest I think the only buff they need is to revert the update which made them immediately dash to where they think the target will be, and usually slam straight into the wall you're trying to shoot over. Two people with launchers can kill an ESF in a pretty small space of time and I think that's about right.

AA does seem to be a bit weak against Liberators and Galaxies though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One of the problems with the Ground to Air game is that its unbalanced in a damage kind of way. I cannot take them down in one go(either with manpads or AAA) but they can do that to me. Add to that a increased manouvrability(to a skygaurd) and a relatively small visual signature and you are going to have a bad time in a 1v1 fight.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    The only thing they need to do is increase the cooldown on flares. As it is, air returns before you can even regroup after their popping flares.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    One of the problems with the Ground to Air game is that its unbalanced in a damage kind of way. I cannot take them down in one go(either with manpads or AAA) but they can do that to me.
    That's the same for any vehicle though, even a Lightning can't be taken down 1v1 against a Heavy with the appropriate launcher. Seeing as vehicles require resources and have long cooldown timers I don't think it'd be fair to have them one hit killed by anything except a dumbfire which you need to be lucky with. Like any other kind of vehicle, ESFs are best taken down in groups. Two lock-on hits and some small arms takes them out, that's much easier than pretty much any vehicle except a Flash.

I kinda wish the AA turrets were a bit more resistant to ESF rockets though. Can't really comment about Skyguards, they're a pain when I'm in a Scythe but I've never experienced it from the Skyguard's point of view.

The only thing they need to do is increase the cooldown on flares. As it is, air returns before you can even regroup after their popping flares.
    *Shrug* Can't argue with that. In all honesty I think Flares are less useful than Fire Suppression unless you're getting 3+ locks at a time, in which case you've really no right to expect to survive anyway.
    Last edited by RunningGloves; 10-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.