Page 200 of 276 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 5515
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    On a tangent, PTS client just updated to 64bit (there is still an x86 client). Runs smoothly, and everything seems to be loading just a bit faster. FPS about the same, as expected.

The Class Quiz can now be completed on each of your characters.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...h-6-am.177481/

Plus Liberator changes, but I don't fly libs.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The lib update was live on PTS for what... two days? I can see this not going well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I want turret camo.

That is all.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    oh wow. they're pushing the lib update live way too fast--it feels rather unfinished. also, they're nerfing the hell out of the dalton and are making libs immune(ish) to AP shells with comp armour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    they're nerfing the hell out of the dalton
    Did I miss something? I thought they were just reducing the blast radius damage a bit which shouldn't be a major nerf since it's supposed to be an anti vehicle weapon anyway.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Wait, do I read the patchnotes right ?

• Inner radius blast damage decreased from 1000 damage to 700 damage.

Doesn't that mean it now needs a direct hit to kill infantry ?
    Yeah, I agree that is a bit to much of a nerf.
    With Flak 5 that would mean 3 shots in the inner blast radius to kill an infantry player...
    I understand why they changed it, but still, I prefer being killed by a single explosion then Zepheyr / Duster spam.

I wonder how much more shots it takes to kill a lib with AP shells, considering 30 % resistance increase at max level.

Edit:

• In cases where this causes an increase in direct hits required to kill a target, the resistance to this damage was adjusted so that it remains the same. Except for Liberators, Liberators will now be set on fire after two direct Dalton hits instead of destroyed. (It's still not ok your Liberator is on fire).

Maybe that actually it still takes 1 shot to kill, just the area is quite a bit smaller.
    Last edited by Avaa; 13-03-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well, the dalton is being used for AA way more than for A2G, and the composite armour buff pretty much breaks the dalton there. I think with max comp you need 5 hits or something like that to kill a lib. The same goes for AP shells, btw.

Just did some testing on the PTS.The lib is now a fucking skytank, with max composite armour you can just hover in front of a tank and tankbuster him to death while he shoots you.

It takes 5 Magrider FPC cannon to kill a lib and amazing 7 with HEAT, assuming splash being broken in VS didn't screw with that.

Maybe you will survive with an AP secondary, but as a 1/2 tank your completly screwed.

I can just imagine people pulling Racer/ Composite/ Afterburner Libs and just picking up tanks one by one, while the rest of the tank zerg is shooting at it.

my skyguard hopes this occurs...

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    The lib update was live on PTS for what... two days? I can see this not going well.
    They've done that a few times recently, release an update to the PTS on Monday/Tuesday, and then release the same update to Live on the Thursday. They also like to ignore any Reddit or forum feedback inbetween...

And then release hotfixes on Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday to fix/balance everything they broke...

So are we squishy infantry gonna be lib-spammed to death everywhere now? Or is it mainly vehicles that are funked?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I'll have to hone my skyguard skills again :/ Or fly around with my M20 loadout reaver.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I think its not gonna be that dramatic, the flak resistance of the lib hasn't changed.
    Pull a skyguard and you can still scare away most libs.
    (Well, the really good ones are still gonna tankbuster your butt)

I actually think we are gonna see the shredder a lot more, since they decreased the dalton blast radius quite a bit and composite increases the number of shots it takes to kill other libs, while composite has no effect on the shredder.

We may see a bit more HE spam, wich could be really annyoing (hate the screenshake) but the new weapon is quite inaccurate, so with flak armour you should be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Flak resistance has been buffed a bit. And considering, that you need 2 or more skyguards for lib to feel threat, yeah, we're gonna see some weird shit.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Just did some testing on the PTS.The lib is now a fucking skytank, with max composite armour you can just hover in front of a tank and tankbuster him to death while he shoots you.

It takes 5 Magrider FPC cannon to kill a lib and amazing 7 with HEAT, assuming splash being broken in VS didn't screw with that.

Maybe you will survive with an AP secondary, but as a 1/2 tank your completly screwed.

I can just imagine people pulling Racer/ Composite/ Afterburner Libs and just picking up tanks one by one, while the rest of the tank zerg is shooting at it.
    According to the patch notes:

Armor piercing tank shells will do less damage per hit, but will still kill in the same amount of hits (except for the lightning AP, which will take one more hit).
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 13-03-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Avaa is right though. Composite libs can take 5 daltons or ap rounds--splash doesn't factor into this as well. Imo., it could get a bit gnarly for both infantry and vehicles for a bit. Tanks are some of the biggest threats to low-flying libs, and that threat has just been eliminated for everything but really high density areas. Curious to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by qaz; 13-03-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Avaa is right though. Composite libs can take 5 daltons or ap rounds--splash doesn't factor into this as well. Imo., it get a bit gnarly for both infantry and vehicles for a bit. Tanks are some of the biggest threats to low-flying libs, and that thread has just been eliminated for everything but really high density areas. Curious to see how this plays out.
    Correct about splash, but the patch notes still stand. Still, it's the same problem with balance in the game: multiple buffs and nerfs at the same time.

They should either buff Composite or the AP resistances, not both, but they did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Reminder: splash damage doesn't work in VR.
    Its just splash against infantry, that does not work, splash against vehicles does work.
    The only weapon which has splash damage against vehicles (except the flash) is the Dalton.

The splash damage of tanks and rocket launchers does no damage against vehicles.

Resist Value Table

Network Hub
    The newly buffed "Vektor" (the default Liberator nose gun) was a bit overpowered on PTS, and I'm surprised that they have promoted it to live without toning it down a bit. It seems to chew through anything that you point it at, Galaxies and tanks included, and is almost perfectly accurate.

I haven't tried this out, but I think it's now possible to point the main gun, tail gun and new "Spur" nose gun all at the same target if it's below and forward of the Liberator. That would be a scary volume of fire.

Yeah, but you sadly can't really aim down with the Spur since theres the cockpit in the way.
    Changing it / making it transparent would make the Spur quite a bit more useful.

You need to consider though that while firing the Spur your just going in a straight line and can be hit
    quite easily.
    I also thought its DPS was lacking compared to the Tankbuster but its probably more of a longrange thing.