Page 22 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yep. Watched it through and he should join a platoon or at least make one himself and stop lone-wolfing or running with such a small number of people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Sorry, but 4 minutes in and allready hearing bullshit. He actually lost my interest stating a heavy assault rifle is best all round LMG for NC. Finished video, still bullshit.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 25-02-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Umm... mostly hes actually full of shit this time around. No we do not need more "FPS" parts. The game actually needs more vehicle based combat because that is the only part of the game that has any tactics and importance. Infantry being infinite and never really running out means that the FPS part of the game really has no or little meaning. A big tank fight where you flank the enemy and kill their tanks feels way more important because you killed something that actually makes a big impact on the battle.

He just wants PS2 to become CoD from listening to that video, the thing that makes the game different and unique is the limited supplyline managements where you actually have to transport people around. Without this a single guy capping a base can instantly spawn a million reinforcements. Now those people actually have to get over to that general area to spawn there which at least gives us a chance to stop reinforcements by killing galaxies and sunderers.

He does have a point that there could be more bases like biolabs where infantry is the main focus but not as cramped as the biolabs. But the problem with that is as above, infantry fight are often meaningless grinds that serve no purpose at all until the battle magically ends because someone managed to kill the SCU. Something that could be added to this is a more "gradual" change to infantry spawns, add multiple SCU generators that increase the spawntime for each one that goes down until the last when spawns are removed. Just something more interesting that suddenly pulling the plug on infantry spawns instantly. Have the number of sunderers affect how fast attackers can spawn etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    He should join an outfit.
    My thoughts exactly. He built up som credibility with those gun reviews of his, that were pretty good, at least for VS weapons. But he just shot himself in the foot with this one. He's apparently playing the wrong game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Also, he keeps saying vehicles are OP. That shows very well that he doesn't know what he's talking about here (I haven't seen anyone say that in months).
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Yeah, variation is definitely what keeps this game alive for me, but as far as capabilities goes, I feel pretty even. I feel I've found my style, rather than become more powerful.
    As infantry I mostly play medic. I'm definitely both a better medic, and a more deadly one, than when I started the game (in terms of stats, not player skill). Albeit not a massive gap.

My magrider is drastically more effective than one pulled by just anyone.

I must say I find the vehicle vs. infantry balance pretty good these days. Sure, get caught out in the open on foot against a tank, and you're likely to lose the fight, but if you're being smart, vehicles are much less threatening inside larger bases etc. Being camped by Liberators is still no more fun than it ever was, but it's much easier to counter with a little bit of organized effort.

Annihilators still need to be removed and bursters need a 10-20% damage nerf. Infantry vs ground is fine imo (except annihilators).
    Find me on the Steams

Yeah, I can agree with that.

Perhaps bursters should lose about 25% of their damage and that is then transferred to the Skyguard instead. Maxs are way too mobile, cheap, flexible (can be pulled anywhere), hard to kill (can run inside as well) and do way too much damage. Also, if there's no air, they can just switch guns.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I don't agree with everything what Lvlcap says in the video but I can see where he is coming from. Let's not forget that his experience is this of the solo/small group of friends. And that's a huge group of people in this game. If they leave, all we have left in this game are outfits with little new players coming in. And that's bad for a f2p. Really bad.

I tried to show PS2 to some friends of mine but they all quit withing a few hours in. Too grindy, too little fun, too boring, too much spam, not rewarding enough where among the most common complaints. None of the seven people I told to tried it out stuck with it. Although they all where passionate FPS players. And if the game does not appeal to them, I wonder how they are planning to get new players into the game. Which is the bread and butter of a F2P game.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I don't agree with everything what Lvlcap says in the video but I can see where he is coming from. Let's not forget that his experience is this of the solo/small group of friends. And that's a huge group of people in this game. If they leave, all we have left in this game are outfits with little new players coming in. And that's bad for a f2p. Really bad.

I tried to show PS2 to some friends of mine but they all quit withing a few hours in. Too grindy, too little fun, too boring, too much spam, not rewarding enough where among the most common complaints. None of the seven people I told to tried it out stuck with it. Although they all where passionate FPS players. And if the game does not appeal to them, I wonder how they are planning to get new players into the game. Which is the bread and butter of a F2P game.
    Out of interest and without sounding offensive, what types of FPS do they like? Because although they're all shooty man shooters, there's a world of difference between something like CoD and Battlefield and ArmA and Planetside.

@RideBird - I'm not sure I agree that Bursters need a nerf, but I do think that MAX's should be pulled "like vehicles" and that what you pull them as is what you get. They should remove the ability to swap weapons on them until you pull a new one.

No, I think they should keep that ability, but bursters are too powerful. They do the most damage of all AA weapons. Take the sundys AA weapons - both of them are almost as powerful as one max with two bursters.. That's just dumb. The skyguard isn't even close to the burster.
    Find me on the Steams

I think then the issue is they should raise the damage of the sundy and skyguard AA and not nerf the bursters.

It is true that the MAX is generally a better AA platform than the Skyguard. This shouldn't be the case. Skyguards have 4 gun barrels. Make them have ~4 times the firerate of a single burster, so 1 skyguard is the same damage-wise as 2 MAXes. Lightnings are way easier to kill from the sky and can't be rezzed, so this would be a valid tradeoff I think.

AA is a bit overpowered and plentiful however, and air has been nerfed tons (zephyr, dalton, pods, tank buster), so buffing any AA right now would just remove air from the game completely. Now it's very situationally effective.

A way to make sure air works even with massive amounts of AA is to see that infantry always render from the air at the same time as air renders for infantry. This way you can do precision speed bombings. Right now this is impossible as infantry renders a good 5 seconds after you render for them. That means you are fucked and can't do an effective attack.

AA should primarily be to lock down somewhat against air and deter camping by air. Right now AA generally creates killzones where you can't fly as you can't attack back and you're dead before you see what kills you.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Agreed, a slight nerf to bursters and a big boost to skyguard... hell they should change the roles of the AA because atm it feels like bursters are the accurate AA and skyguards are only working at very short ranges. Skyguard should be the AA that has long range and accuracy while the burster is primarily a shorter ranged but high damage AA gun that should ambush aircraft that gets too close.

So, fix the rendering first before you mess with the AA guns.

I don't know if they can do. People with shitty CPUs will get another frame bump and go scream about the updates making the game worse on the forums.

Imo fix AMD optimization issues, rendering distance air vs infantry, and decrease burster damage by 25% while also bumping Skyguard damage by 25%. That wouldn't be a Blizzard nerf/buff right? You're just transferring roles really.
    Find me on the Steams

Nah, the Blizzard nerf+buff would be decreasing aircraft armour and increasing Burster damage at the same time. Good thing they never did that, right?