Page 235 of 315 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 6291
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Ooh, this I must try!

Oh, and THE FOG! That looks like a really shitty movie.
    It's a classic.

I absolutely love John Carpenter's films.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    The ground vs air thing:

The answer I want it to be is 'combined arms dipshit': i.e. Don't expect to be able to trundle out your tanks without local air superiority.

The problem is the skill gap for pilots means local air superiority is a much, much bigger ask then it should be. I'd love it if our handful of decent pilots were enough to keep our tanks safe, but if a concerted air squad comes for us, we're fucked.

As for the lib, I think the power comes from it's wide firing arc. It's fucking absurd what a decent gunner & pilot team can get up to. PS1 required you to fly directly over where you wanted the bombs to go. You had to coordinate proper bombing runs not just "be roughly in the area you'd like to blow stuff up".
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    I think one of the problems is the deficiencies in current G2A weaponry. An extra anti-air option for the lightning could fill this gap - e.g. something more like an 88mm flak gun than the ZSU-24ish model that the Skyguard is based on. Long range and high damage, but balanced by low rof, small flak burst, slower traverse. Make it require a fair bit of skill to use, but with high payoff when used effectively...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dunno, one of the reasons they buffed libs vs tank shells is it was no fun just getting swatted out the sky without time to respond.

I still think they fucked up badly with both the ESFs and the Lib at the early design stage. ESFs shouldn't get the insane versatility they do now. No other vehicle (single seat or multi) gets two weapons per seat, never mind 2 weapons where often both of those can kill anything (Lolpods, Coyotes, Airhammer). Either nose guns or wing tips should be much more restricted in what they can do. (If you want to take the modern fighter concept, then have the choice between AI, AA and AV wingtip weapons, with the nose gun as a deliberately underpowered back up weapon)

Meanwhile, the liberator is a gunship that only fires under and behind. Wait what? Either it should have been a bomber a la' Planetside 1 (so huge Alpha, but has to make passes over the target) or it should be like every other (small) gunship in history and had a large array of forward-firing weapons (see A-10, all Helicopter gunships) which would encourage an interesting "sneak and peak" playstyle. Instead, it needs to be able to hover (or at least circle slowly over) targets, which means it's far too tough, and at the same time, can't survive in larger fights - which either the bomber (fast pass, high burst) or heli-gunship (peaks over, unloads, circles around to another edge) would have dealt with fine.

The current design problems just lead to this endless back and forth of buffing AA cos Infantry are quitting, then nerfing it again beacuse the only aircraft in use is the Galaxy.

Part of me's inclined to say that one of the fundamental problems is the flight model - it allows for ridiculous maneuvres as every aircraft is some VTOL jet-helicopter mutant hybrid. This means libs can just hover over infantry fights and wreck everything (with virtually any weapon they have) until some pulls enough AA / ESFs instead of having to coordinate bombing runs. Then you have to give AA buffs to compensate for this etc. etc. in the cycle CMaster mentions.

I've not really thought that statement out, but I also know that the flight model is what makes the air game pretty unique so it would be a shame to alter it. And it's clearly not going to be changed anyway.

Another point: the unusual flight model does also create a high barrrier to entry for new players, especially when there are people with weeks' worth of flight time now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree that the main problem is indeed the playstyle the liberator design encourages. Hovering or circling above a fight so that gunners can get a line of fire, which subsequently requires it to be able to take a lot of damage if it is to be able to fulfil that role. As CMaster said. I also agree that the ESF would be much more interesting if it had any kind of limitations on capabilities whatsoever. Like every other vehicle in the game has.

I think maybe having the secondaries be more like the wing-mounted weapons of real-world fighter craft might be more interesting. I mean, give the ESF something like two clips worth of ammo for the pods, so that you need to think a bit more about how you use them, and make the nose gun the main weapon for engaging ground targets, slightly more often. Or how about just making the rocket pods work like real rocket pods. There are X rockets in each pod, when these have been fired they need to be reloaded back at base. So you can fire them all off in one long salvo or you can send off a few and save some for later. Not quite sure what that would do to the balance, though.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Completely agree. I tried to "campaign" with this problem in the SOE forums during beta but I guess SOE is just to afraid to remove toys they gave to people. Oh the outcry if they would take away the versatility from ESFs...
    Instead we are stuck with band-aid fixes and "redesigns" that don't fix anything. Unless they have the balls to go back to the drawing board air/ground interaction will remain broken.

PS: Also: 64 rockets with max certed pods. Are you fucking kidding me? Who thought that would be a great idea?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Another fun fight on Miller. Bring your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the "fun".

http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanet...n_open_letter/
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    PS: Also: 64 rockets with max certed pods. Are you fucking kidding me? Who thought that would be a great idea?
    It is quite a shock when you realise the Little Bird gunship (Pawnee) in Arma 3 only has 24 HE rockets at its disposal. Where do Scythes, Mossies and Reavers store their extra rockets anyway? [Spoiler: The answer is nanites.]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    If the answer to it all is nanites... why is the answer to "we need hard points to resupply at" nanites?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Because, Game.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I admit i don't tend to notice outfit tags often, but i don't believe i've ever seen this 252v or LYF, are they new or something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I admit i don't tend to notice outfit tags often, but i don't believe i've ever seen this 252v or LYF, are they new or something?
    They have been around for a long time. 252v from the start I think, and LYF maybe half a year or so (at least that's when I remember starting to notice them).

i must have just forgotten about them then, the only NC outfits I can recall are RTRS and MCY, I suck at remembering things
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

LYF have been around for a while. At least a year. There was a point where they merged with the Flower Boiz though for a while.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was going to post in the thread, but thought better of it. Basically I can't respect anyone that continue to let edwardo be a 'leader'. He's one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met in a videogame.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    It is quite a shock when you realise the Little Bird gunship (Pawnee) in Arma 3 only has 24 HE rockets at its disposal. Where do Scythes, Mossies and Reavers store their extra rockets anyway? [Spoiler: The answer is nanites.]
    I have the rocketpods' ammo fully certed, and I still find that I run out too soon and have to retreat. Unless I'm in a warpgate, I'm never happy landing unless I absolutely need to. If Daddy rolls up while you're landed, he can and will gank you before you can blink.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What happend to WASP? Do they still exist? Feel like I haven't seen them in ages.

Really? WASP have consumed all the other outfits.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, guess I'm just not paying attention. Or maybe they aren't as tight as they used to be, so it's less noticeable when they join a fracas.