Page 243 of 291 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5819
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    look bank, if you cant stand discussion, why the hell do you bother?

Also, see rule #1.

also also, all of the enemy territories.
    I can't stand discussion? I ask a question and you answer with these sorry ass excuses for reasons. I keep trying to push through that shallow veil of confusing reasons that are so political that are almost slap worthy...

What progression in ET? The one that went over campaigns and then you had to do it all over again and again, and again? On same maps or bit different, that modders put in, cause base map count wasn't that high at all? And you still started from searching for a server with population to fight on a map (ehem, searching a place to fight as a SL or PL for your people, or as a lonewolf to fight with randoms taking a base (server map)), then campaign ends and your max lvl character gets deleted, because it's over and you need to start from scratch again and I hope I made my point.
    1. Be excellent to each other.
    Oh, excuse me, your excellency, my deepest apologies for trying to give benefit of a doubt and trying to understand logic in your reasoning, hoping it's not influenced by nostalgia view. May I add some buttkissing to my apologies?

Blergh.................................... excuse me, I almost choked typing those lines. Courtesy that is getting in a way of honesty, to people of community I care deeply enough is one of most unexellent things I could damn do.

What you are doing, is raising undeserved expectations for a game that offers you as much as any other game has done and more in a way of making what others do way bigger and expansive. Sure, PS2 isn't perfect and could do with more variety of gameplay, but in no way it has less progress than any other FPS that is, was and probably will be on the market. FPS is too simple of genre: you push buttons to move and make things go away or appear. It's about feel and brainwork, competition between your eyes, hands and other person, it's about guns sounding and feeling nice. It's a simple pleasure to get away from complex life. There won't be any drastic changes to FPS in years to come.

That rule applies to you to and I consider bullshiting like that is unexcellent too, but I don't go spouting "RULES!"
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

First of all:

Yes, I do prefer Enemy Territory (all of them, including brink) because they have more focus and direction. When I first started playing PS2, I thought "neat, this will turn into something awesome". The basic game play was there, and they havent really added much more than that. From a development point of view, if this was their intended goal so far, they clearly have missed their mark. They have gotten stuck in fixing things, opposed to adding more fun things to do.

I wouldnt have minded a less open world experience for a more intense focused one. Of course it was fun to strategise with Nick and lead 250 people into battle, but as far as I can remember, thats the last thing I ever did in PS2, and from what Ive gathered, it hasnt really changed much since.

But more importantly, this brings me to two:

If you really think I give a shit about what reasons other people give for not playing anymore, you dont really know me, so no thanks to the aggressive "OMG YOURE JUST LIKE THE OTHER NAYSAYERS" "IF YOU COMPARE IT TO OTHER FPS IT IS JUST AS GOOD!!!11". Taste is taste, objectivism doesnt exist.

and thirdly:

Youve been on the offensive on these subforums since you "quit the giraffes". Raging even.
    Hence, rule #1, especially because of your last post.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

The effort required to be civil is almost zero. If you cannot manage even that negligible amount of effort, it speaks poorly of both you and your opinion of the people you are conversing with.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I don't think the direct translation of increased lethality to reduced time to kill would work too well, ttk is already really low. That said, The amount of damage done by the bullet could be used to like, negate the bonus of a biolab for little while, or reduce the rate of regen from a resto kit or medigun/aura. The only thing is I can't really think of a negative to using it - pistols only, perhaps? The negatives for HVA or SP aren't really relevant in game anyways.
    In the Mass Effect series there were things like phasic ammo which did some damage to health even through shields, toxic ammo which had the effects you might expect, electro-shock rounds etc. etc. Also the AP sort of ammo (more effective vs MAX units, less so versus infantry perhaps). It's a totally different style of game with a way higher TTK though but some of the concepts could possibly be adapted.

Network Hub
    WTF? My edited post split into two posts hours after I edited it?

I took the text out of this post to stop the wall o text effect.
    Last edited by fish food carl; 07-06-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Network Hub
    Hm. Several big things.

Mattherson/Waterson merge - https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/475023041106169856

New roadmap post on Continental Locking - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ocking.189065/

Tank and Liberator changes - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...hanges.189062/

That's a lot of discussion material, but I'd like to quote the tank changes.

• Tank reverse speed and acceleration will be made identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration.
      • Gives tanks another option to evade when caught in a bad position
      • Allows tanks to retreat without having to expose rear armor
      • Improves a tanks ability to evade C4 and other weapons

• Primary tank turrets will be stabilized. As the tank goes over rough terrain, the elevation of the turret won’t change with it (unless it hits a constraint).
      • Being able to more reliably fire on the move opens up more tactics

• Tank effective ranges are being reduced. This consists of adding gravity and slowing down projectiles.
      • This should encourage tanks to get closer to the targets they intend to fight.

To summarise the effect this has on the Magrider:

1) All tank turrets are now stabilized. This used to be unique to the Mag to make it easier to fire while moving. With no compensation, this is a buff to only TR/NC tanks.

2) Added drop and lower speed to tank projectiles. No numbers on this yet, so it's hard to judge, but if the Mag gets any more drop on it, I'm fucking switching to AP-Lightnings. Adjusting your aim 30m above your target for an enemy within 150m is not fun.

3) All tanks reverse faster and are more maneuverable. This is a small buff for us, slightly larger buff for the other tanks, since they had so little maneuverability compared to us.

So, what does the Magrider have that is unique or effective? I genuinely can't name one unique feature of the Magrider I would take, ever, over the TR/NC options. We can still strafe at 5kph. Out-fucking-standing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Here they go again with nerfing too many things at once, this time for liberators. It didn't work for harassers. I seriously doubt it will be better this time. I hope I'm wrong, the liberator needs a slight nerf, but seeing it become more or less obsolete again is just sad.

Network Hub
    Clearly they need to use the VS faction trait on the Magrider - being fabou... I mean no bullet drop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    And I was starting to wonder how they where planning to do the entire plan of continent lock + lattice this month as they only just started to "work" on it. As usual, they just do it half way and gut out the major part of the concept.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Why must they make everything generic? Soon there will be only one faction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh great, they are screwing up even bigger and better now...

And if they really want to even the "Air to Ground weapons are too powerful!" thing why dont they bloody well fix AA/AAA?! The manpads are nigh on useless unless you can get a clear view in open grounds(god forbid firing from covert positions without exposing yourself) and the skygaurd has a painfully large spread, which yes limits its AI capability but it sure as hell makes it frustrating to shoot air targets.

This just seems.. Argh.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Stabilized tanks, hell yeah bloody finally. Not gonna change much for magriders tbh, but we might actually get something fun out of it in the future.

The lib changes? Sounds like massive nerfs across the board with no compensation. I really do hope they up the damage on the belly guns to make the lib a viable hit and run vehicle because it will have no staying power at all.

The nerf to the tankbuster is interesting, I mean the reason everyone uses it is because the other weapons are utter rubbish.

Obscure Node
    Oh my god.. My precious liberator

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah... So I've uninstalled Planetside 2, I've had it with those bastards. Feel free to remove me from the outfit in your upcoming springcleaning.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Are you fucking kidding me... This is first "raging" post I'm doing after I "quit the giraffes" (I was never a part of them anyways)
    First of all:

Yes, I do prefer Enemy Territory (all of them, including brink) because they have more focus and direction. When I first started playing PS2, I thought "neat, this will turn into something awesome". The basic game play was there, and they havent really added much more than that. From a development point of view, if this was their intended goal so far, they clearly have missed their mark. They have gotten stuck in fixing things, opposed to adding more fun things to do.

I wouldnt have minded a less open world experience for a more intense focused one. Of course it was fun to strategise with Nick and lead 250 people into battle, but as far as I can remember, thats the last thing I ever did in PS2, and from what Ive gathered, it hasnt really changed much since.

But more importantly, this brings me to two:

If you really think I give a shit about what reasons other people give for not playing anymore, you dont really know me, so no thanks to the aggressive "OMG YOURE JUST LIKE THE OTHER NAYSAYERS" "IF YOU COMPARE IT TO OTHER FPS IT IS JUST AS GOOD!!!11". Taste is taste, objectivism doesnt exist.

And it won't change. It won't ever be ET:Planetside, nor it will be a more controlled environment, when gameplay development is based on community drive. What you like is not a damn thing they are offering. What you want and like it seems is nothing what Planetside 2 or 1 for that matter ever offered or will offer.

However, what you want is offered by community, not SOE themselves, because of being community driven game. PAL, PS2.Pickup, Community Clash is that thing you might want.

You state, that you'll be back when they add "newgameplay":
    no. right now, theyre only adding stuff you can buy, no new gameplay. So Ill be back whenever that hits.
    Also you state that you "like" basic gameplay:

no, I like the basic gameplay, there just isnt a point to perform the basic gameplay over and over again with no apparent progress.
    In this post however[499643], you state you prefer games that have less open mmoFPS style of gameplay and wouldn't mind more focused experience.
    But that's the point I've been hammering into your head, that even with new stuff it will still be open world chaotic mmoFPS gameplay, just with more stuff and:

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    What new stuff. Honestly, that new stuff will same old same old in matter of seconds, if you stopped enjoying the game already.
    And that's that.

and thirdly:

Youve been on the offensive on these subforums since you "quit the giraffes". Raging even.
    Hence, rule #1, especially because of your last post.
    The only single person I am on offensive is you, because you can't answer single damn stupid question straightforwardly as it was asked.
    I ask "what new stuff", you answer "new gameplay". I ask about that and comment that gameplay is not gonna change, you shift topic on progression while not answering decently on what FUCKING new gameplay changes could be added to spark your interest in the game, you comment on lack of "apparent" progress.
    I ask about that, cause you keep evading answering a single question and you accuse me of not being able to discuss stuff and "threaten" me with rules.
    You know what, fuck you.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

O_o

Can't say that the Lib changes weren't needed but not sure if they've gone too far - as ever, changing tons of stuff at once.

Also - lol airhammer nerf.

Edit: it's mentioned further down that thread that SOE are looking at making the Lib's sound more noticeable as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I LOVE those tank changes for my Lightning but for the Mag... yeah. Thats going to bite VS in the butt.
    Continent locking is also only rudimentary at best. I guess that gives them another 18 months to introduce the inercontinental one?
    And Libs changes... they are still in this infinite buff/nerf circle instead of fixing fundamental problems with the ground/air interaction. Do't know why that is. It's not like the feedback would be missing.

Also concerning pods:
    "They are all around to good. Good at killing infantry and good at killing vehicles."
    WHAT TOOK YOU SO FUCKING LONG? I don't know if making ESFs more of an AI weapons platform is the way to go. But hey. Grats for finally realizing what people have been saying since beta...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tank changes sound good, should make even the mag a lot more survivable. But they should really update magburner to work backwards while reversing otherwise it will be basically useless. Hopefully the tank weapon nerf only applies to those getting the stability buff (ie not mag main guns which already have huge drop).

Those Liberator nerfs though... fair enough, roll back some of the survivability changes, less sure about the weapon nerfs. Velocity nerf, fair enough, make it harder to hit a moving target. And the Tankbuster was a bit too strong. But making the Zephyr a shit anti-tank weapon because they haven't sold enough Dusters? God knows what they will do once people realise how amazing the Shredder is...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    finally, the improvements to liberator stock resistance to tank rounds and some heavy assault rockets made during the liberator update are being reverted.
    <all caps>fuck yes finally

also stabilised turrets oh god i'm so happy</caps>

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post

To summarise the effect this has on the Magrider:

1) All tank turrets are now stabilized. This used to be unique to the Mag to make it easier to fire while moving. With no compensation, this is a buff to only TR/NC tanks.

2) Added drop and lower speed to tank projectiles. No numbers on this yet, so it's hard to judge, but if the Mag gets any more drop on it, I'm fucking switching to AP-Lightnings. Adjusting your aim 30m above your target for an enemy within 150m is not fun.

3) All tanks reverse faster and are more maneuverable. This is a small buff for us, slightly larger buff for the other tanks, since they had so little maneuverability compared to us.

So, what does the Magrider have that is unique or effective? I genuinely can't name one unique feature of the Magrider I would take, ever, over the TR/NC options. We can still strafe at 5kph. Out-fucking-standing.
    As far as I understand it, the Mag was always better close up because of its manoeuvrability. They're trying to make tanks work at closer ranges, so that's a stealth buff to you. Yes, other tanks are getting increased turning but I would expect the Mag to stay the most manoeuvrable. And if you think 'stabilised turret' is your faction trait then that's really clutching at straws... it's always seemed like an oversight that it wasn't on the other tanks.