Page 25 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Micky, depends. Plenty of Neo nazi sites(also in disguise) out there. Are they blocked in Germany? If not then I doubt you would get far in that avenue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but such people use this perception to their advantage. They know that they will be disregarded as morons by people like us. We either do nothing because "how much harm can a moron do" and thus give them space and time, or we react, and they present themselves as unjustly attacked and berated by the corrupt, decadent and prejudiced.
    I don't really disregard them. I just think they are vile creatures. It's obvious he ain't a moron though.

I grew up with a lot of neonazi and racist influences and the only way I ever found to cope with it was to go with the flow or violently resist. I chose the latter and got in a few fights. Still worth it and I can't say I'm particularly ashamed.

I can't imagine the situation you're in Eclectic, it must be fucking terrible just feeling forced to "comply" with generally held views.. You should come here instead! There'd be work for you I think. Just don't go to the rural parts of southern sweden, or you'll find it's not to far from Golden Dawn..

Regarding Buzzcut, I think he should receive a warning but be allowed to play. As long as they don't use him in promotions and such and keep ignoring him he will lose his power and popularity when other outfit leaders and such overshadow him regarding association to the game.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sorry if I seem wound up, but this game and especially this community has also been an escape to me from exactly this kind of shit, that I live in daily.
    I hear you. I've been spared from these kinds of things in my own life, mostly, but seeing or hearing of it is one of the fairly few things that can really piss me off. Sad to have it happen in the context of Planetside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, its the internet, you will find all sorts of oppinions, cultures and views that may clash/differ from your own. Most of the time is just best to ignore it and move along. Not much you can do about it and certainly not a fight that you can win. Pick that battles that you can.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Some excellent statistics about Planetside 2:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...tistics.97979/

http://https://docs.google.com/sprea...UdTJpM1E&gid=0

The second to last spreadsheet is alarming. And it shows that the terrible roll out of GU2 really hurt the game.
    Well checking MBT score/hour shows Mag and prowler being somewhat equal, while vanguard from a bit to quite a lot behind.

About uniqueness as I was saying, there should be more distinction between faction. After they fix/balance flinch mechanic, they should fiddle with numbers where NC would never have RPM of TR and TR wouldn't have damage even near NC. Like max damage of TR weapons max would be 143 on hardest hitting weapons, while NC's weakest weapons 167, VS should get 167-143 damage table. On RPMs I haven't got exact idea on numbers atm. This would make a more distinctive features of Empires actually.
    Edit:{on rpms, probably NC shouldn't have rpm over 600, while TR should dip into 900s, VS could get anywhere from 600 to 850}

I do not say, there shouldn't be something, that really just clones other factions weapons, but it should be only one for each weapon class, but only one and it would be 1k certs from the bat and should be certed in a bit more.

P.S. apricotsoup, bullshit on best pistol being NC, it's way worse than TR main gun. Hard hitting with low RPM isn't that good. I can empty a clip of TR pistol in under 3-4 seconds, with 21 bullet, it's 2100 damage, yes, Mag-shot has 3k damage on, but it's kinda hard to kill with it honestly.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 27-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Bugger me. Didn't realise it was that bad. I wonder if there is a clause in the EULA for PS2 that could be invoked to kick this disgraceful excuse of a human being out?
    Something tells me that unless he promotes his ideals in game, on an official site or uses the game actively to promote them, then nothing will be done, otherwise you open the floodgates to calls to ban people for all kinds of different reasons. On the other hand, there's nothing to stop people from actively hunting him down and killing him in-game as long as they keep their ideals out of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Something tells me that unless he promotes his ideals in game, on an official site or uses the game actively to promote them, then nothing will be done, otherwise you open the floodgates to calls to ban people for all kinds of different reasons. On the other hand, there's nothing to stop people from actively hunting him down and killing him in-game as long as they keep their ideals out of it.
    That is a good point...

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    The server is presumably accessibly from Germany. There might be an angle there for a legal challenge.
    Don't think so. If Buzzcut is German, they don't need to involve the game, I think this is illegal there anyway. If he's not German, all it will do is cut off the German players. Also note that he (AFAIK) hasn't shown any of this imagery on SOE's servers, but only on TE's own forum.

SOE should just keep on not working with him, and we can all ignore him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Never heard of him before. Sounds like a horrible little piece of work.

Will probably forget about him the day after the internet is done with him. This could be one of those cases where people will go after him for being what he is from the publicity he's gained.

Jeez, you people, are terrible. Go make another topic about judging people, not pollute this one :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Jeez, you people, are terrible. Go make another topic about judging people, not pollute this one :/
    I'm kinda ok with passing judgement on someone who surrounds thier online persona with Nazi symbolism.

What worries me is that his opinions get so much traction in the community...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Dewi, I see you're toight! Toight like a toiger! Would you like a shmoke and a pancake?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I'm kinda ok with passing judgement on someone who surrounds thier online persona with Nazi symbolism.

What worries me is that his opinions get so much traction in the community...
    Yeah, your reaction shows how good his marketing goes. You can't stop talking about him in a topic, which is more about mechanical side of the game :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Alright, point taken, and a good point too, in fact. Thanks.

To get back on track; I rather liked this guy's ideas:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._aesthetic_to/

What do you think?

Well having meaner look would really help as an appeal to your side, second thing in looks would be how weapons sound, right now they sound weak, thirdly there should be rebalance of all the weapons in the game to give more distinction between them honestly. Something like what I posted in here, while you were blaberring about something useless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    To get back on track; I rather liked this guy's ideas:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._aesthetic_to/
    Interesting. The infiltrator helmet/look is definitely more definitive of VS than the HA look/rubbish new spiky helmets. I would particularly like to see some more characterful helmets. Like closed helmets with asymmetric/centered sensors (you know the sort of thing), rather than just the same old model with a bunch of silly stuff put on top. Having said that, personally I like the VS look and feel a bit bad for how boring NC&TR look in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    thirdly there should be rebalance of all the weapons in the game to give more distinction between them honestly.
    Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure how much the populations are down to looks, rather than tastes being fairly well distributed and the weapon mechanics tipping faction popularity in one direction or the other. Just look at the old NC population on millar when they were still perceived as having the weakest weapons.

edit: tastes being fairly well distributed apart from the Nazis, who noone in their right mind likes.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 28-02-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Network Hub
    I'd quite like for the crap weapons to have the most awesome models.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I kinda like his ideas as he picks the points where I feel the artistic design is lacking. I don't know if the redesign has to go that far, but at least somnething in this direction.
    But as I have give up hope on PS2 designers to stop ignoring their own lore with their ingame design I doubt this will ever happen.

On a side note: thanks to all who recommended the Sirius yesterdays. LA + Sirius + C4: awesome!
    Sadly I crashed around 23:30 and could not get back in Did we get the continent lock on Amerish?

Better Vanu than vanu