Page 266 of 276 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 5515
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Apparently going to be sales up as well, but maybe not til the USians are awake.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    it just said so in every announcement about Hossin. hell, even I saw it ;D
    That was last weekend's member's XP. This weekend's one wasn't announced til yesterday, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    That was last weekend's member's XP. This weekend's one wasn't announced til yesterday, I think.
    no, it always said something about the 6th being a double xp weekend.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    no, it always said something about the 6th being a double xp weekend.
    Not that it matters, but you ain't right. No mention of 4th of July double XP until Higby's tweet yesterday.

Im not talking about the 4th, im talking about the weekend. It was mentioned in that faq about migrating to soe, it was mentioned in the launcher. Riz was surprised about the double xp planned at all, not about it going live today already.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well the important thing to take away from all this is: double xp. Yay!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Double XP and I am home this weekend... something is clearly going wrong.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Seriously though, for someone that bought pretty much everything there was to buy a year ago, anything else I need? No I havent maxed out any specific skills, but really now, why should I.

Im sitting on 1500 certs or so, and 8k sc. dont see the point to spend any of it, to be honest.

Dont mean that in a omg depressive way, but more of a: any suggestions to buy shit? Assuming I dont pimp out a ride. (although the preinstalled AMS is a dream)
    - Tom De Roeck.

Well, the new assault rifle appears to be pretty pimp.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also the Vandal is amazing, if you like the idea of a medium-range, semi-auto, accurate scout rifle for the infiltrator that can burst people down in a fraction of a second and remains powerful at longer ranges.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Seriously though, for someone that bought pretty much everything there was to buy a year ago, anything else I need?
    Sure, there's tonnes of stuff to buy but it depends what you like. Things to consider:

* The vandal - NS semi auto scout rifle with 0.75x ADS multiplier. Highly rated.
    * NS7-PDW - the NS SMG, very good with a silencer at mid-range if you can reliably hit the head with most shots.
    * Player studio swag - now that you're SoE you could blow all your SC right here. Lots of good helmets and camos.
    * Coyotes - semi-lock-on missles for the ESF. Perfectly calibrated to produce sky knight tears with every kill.
    * Hyena - like the coyote but goes on the back of a lib.
    * Duster - only joking! I hear it's still rubbish.
    * Boosts - always good when it's double XP.
    * New carbine - haven't tried it but others say good things.
    * New medic rifle - but the NS11A is currently free with the 'summerreward' (case sensitive) code.

Edit: beaten to the punch on the vandal. It is good though. I think it's three headshots to kill at any range.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    beaten to the punch on the vandal. It is good though. I think it's three headshots to kill at any range.
    Just aim at the middle of their fleshy meat bag and click as fast as you can (you may be able to guess my accuracy rating with the Vandal from comments like these).

Forgot about all the player studio cosmetics. Definitely worth buying the coolest helmet you can find, although some of the upcoming ones look even better than anything that has come before. Personal favourites: Apollo - mecha soldier, Andronicus - not to everyone's taste but it's what I wear, Avalanche - it's Dr Doom. Luna, Exemplar and Viper get honourable mentions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Just aim at the middle of their fleshy meat bag and click as fast as you can (you may be able to guess my accuracy rating with the Vandal from comments like these).
    Yeah, I can talk the talk about the vandal by my headshot ratio is still miserable. The advantage with headshots (if you can get them) is not only faster kills but more reliable kills because there's no nanoweave resistance. I have on occasion been caught out by stopping shooting when I think a person should be dead only to realise that they had a smidgen of life left and nailed me.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    Everyone probably already knows this, but it was news to me: Now ammo packs are physics objects and not deployables, you can chuck one in the rumble seat of a Harrasser and it will more or less stay there, barring serious acrobatics and/or physics glitches. This effectively gives the rumble seat infinite ammo as long as you replace the ammo pack when it runs out (after six minutes with max certs)

I had a fun quarter-hour just hauling around a random Burster Max, painfully surprising some Mozzies. It's almost (almost) effective as an AA platform if you attract the attention of rocketpodders, turn tail and speed off, letting the guy in the back do the rest. Adding a Walker gunner on top would have helped, but by that point I would have had enough manpower for three Skyguards, which is kind of silly.

Probably more sensible would be a long range fire support with a Saron gunner and a Comet Max, kiting armour around large open spaces.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Everyone probably already knows this, but it was news to me: Now ammo packs are physics objects and not deployables, you can chuck one in the rumble seat of a Harrasser and it will more or less stay there, barring serious acrobatics and/or physics glitches. This effectively gives the rumble seat infinite ammo as long as you replace the ammo pack when it runs out (after six minutes with max certs)
    If you want to make an engie sad, ask him for ammo on a steep slope, then watch as his carefully deployed pack slides down the hill...
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

After the advanced attachment refund, all my weapons still have that attachment equipped even though they it's locked.
    Did this happen to anyone else? Is it just a visual bug or do they give the intended stat bonus?
    Steam: Bynn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    They give the intended stat bonus I believe.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Yeah why was all that stuff refunded?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For weapons with advanced versions there is now no normal version (and no, it doesn't make sense), so they refunded both if you had them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, whats the deal with NV/HS for weapons like the Eidolon, When you use them in the dark they make everything extremely white, but its rather dark so one would say it would have a use, right?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?