Page 27 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...board_monitor/ html5 app for getting info on status of your server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nice one!

Also, Jim, yeah, the updated flinch mechanics might actually change weapon balance a great deal. Looking forward to see how it turned out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Well, the way it works now is supposed to be on damaged sustained and not frequency of bullet impact. Depending on how they implemented it, either the high DPS (which usually are the high RoF) weapons come on top (so little really changes) or DPB (damage per bullet), which means that NC get a slight edge.

BTW, they fixed a bug that caused NC slugs to have high damage over distance, and NC are crying nerf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    BTW, they fixed a bug that caused NC slugs to have high damage over distance, and NC are crying nerf.
    Ha! Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Sigh, that's exactly what I didn't want them to add to the game -_-

There's too many 1 shot kills for me already.
    Fucking this. They need to increase TTK a smudgeon, not decrease it. It was almost acceptible in the beginning, but it's become sillier with every new weapon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I don't mind a cqc one hit kill weapon, as it's at least something else then EVERYONE HAS TO USE HIGHEST ROF WEAPONS 24/7 WOO.
    Find me on the Steams

The game i always hold up as the golden standard for TTK is Bad Company 2. It made shotguns useful, but not brilliant past medium range, and made the tradeoff work; you got one hit kills, at the cost of rifles and such beating you at range. In planetside, there's little benefit to taking a shotgun over, say an SMG or Carbine.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i'm really curious about the slugs on the pump actions. anyone got stats?

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    I don't mind a cqc one hit kill weapon, as it's at least something else then EVERYONE HAS TO USE HIGHEST ROF WEAPONS 24/7 WOO.
    That's like saying a bucket of horse shit is tastier than a bucket of cow shit. The difference is largely academic when you're faced with it on the dinner table.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Except that pretty much every highly successful LA uses a shotgun these days simply because they kill people extremely fast and with extended magazines can reliably kill 2-3 people before needing a reload. No carbine or assault rifle can do that. So shotguns are infact very useful in PS2. But the pump actions do not really need more stopping power as they would need more range than auto/semi-auto shotguns would have been a much more interesting difference between the shotguns.

Most of all i would like some new weapon models for vanu because pretty much everything looks the same.

Pump action is FUCKING AWESOME in close quarters. OHK yeah. Balanced-ish by huge reload time.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Pump action is FUCKING AWESOME in close quarters. OHK yeah. Balanced-ish by huge reload time.
    Oh come on, it will be 1-2 s pump and 6-7s reload 5-8 shells.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    If they make pump-action you cant reload on a shell by shell basis (and interrupt), someone needs a beating.

Yes? So? That's a HUGE reload. Highest normal reload is like 4 seconds.

Yargh: That's how it works. Full reload for extended mag (7 shots) is about <7 seconds or so. You can interrupt it, but it lags behind by about half a second (so you can't just run around reloading all the time and fire whenever).

The weapon is effective at about <10 meters as well. If you ever wanted to experience how it might be to be as overpowered at that range as a scatmax, give the shotgun a go!

edit: After killing about 15 people with it I'd say it's worth a shot for Vanu. I don't know how it could be even better then the NC and TR autoshottys, but for Vanu it now fills the purpose the Pandora should - a good extreme close range shotgun.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 01-03-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

Anyway enough prejudice, going to tryout weapon now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGiraffe View Post
    I'm getting a bit wary about putting money in, now. I held back on the SMGs, and by the looks of things, the newer releases were better, purely because of the extra rounds. If there was an ammo scavenging mechanic, the lower mag, harder hitting ones would be a little more viable.

Anyway, the flinch mechanics were changed, today. Might have a quick mess about on an NC char, see how things have changed!
    There is ammo scavenging mechanic: hunt down barricaded engineers.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 01-03-2013 at 02:13 PM.

By the way - it's only OHK if you hit with a majority of the pellets in the torso. Range for that is probably about 5 meters.
    Find me on the Steams

It's fucking fast shooting, you know... 5 shells, extended mag, basically a bit slower than semi-auto shotguns.

It is! Still nowhere near the Piston nor the Nighthawk though, and pump seems to do about the same damage as those. Those two are still MUCH better weapons then the Vanu pump, but since our autoshotgun is complete shit this is at least something.

edit: It's about as fast as the Thanatos for the VS I'd say, perhaps a bit faster. The main plus of the thing is that it actually does good damage though (a bit more then the Nova I'd say).
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 01-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

It is! Still nowhere near the Piston nor the Nighthawk though, and pump seems to do about the same damage as those. Those two are still MUCH better weapons then the Vanu pump, but since our autoshotgun is complete shit this is at least something.edit: It's about as fast as the Thanatos for the VS I'd say, perhaps a bit faster. The main plus of the thing is that it actually does good damage though (a bit more then the Nova I'd say).
    It's god damn great honestly. Too great in good hands, shotguns were good enough before, but not this much. You can oneshot a god damn overshielded heavy.

This gun on elite infantry light assault will be so powerful, I don't see any other weapon pulled in towers atm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I'm starting to feel that by the time I can afford to throw money at this, there'll be so much extraneous shit thrown in that I won't want to play it very much anymore.