Page 271 of 305 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 6083
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I'm tempted to create another character on Woodman just to check the faction balance / outfits out. Tried as TR for a couple of hours a few days ago: hated the TR guns and seeing [KOTV] tags everywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lets fuck them up. What kind of name is 'Woodman' anyway? (in the name deciding server smash I mean, not just random bigotry)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's bigotry with purpose!
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    My high TK is probably down to my liberal use of C4 (if it'll kill a MAX< you're going down too), my refusal to lift my finger off the trigger if a friendly walks in front of me and the odd gal crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think playing a lot more infiltrator (stalker commie for lulz) instead of my Lasher-Lancer heavy is paying dividends, only 2.23% here (though i still play that heavy quite a lot, i like Lancer for everything from killing maxes to aircraft).

Network Hub
    Just trained for ~90 minutes with [252V] Kaomet, the pilot. We were duelling a lot on Hossin, and he noticed that I kept losing (I could get him to ~30% HP, but we went 5-1 in kills). So, he swapped to his VS alt and duelled me for a while, giving me tips and teaching me to reverse better and general stuff.

Nice guy.

My best weapon is still landmines.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ay_real_money/

Well that sounds like a terrible idea. Allowing people to pay money to instantly refill their resources.
    AKA Rushtone

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by rizlar View Post
    lets fuck them up. What kind of name is 'woodman' anyway?
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by rizlar View Post
    (in the name deciding server smash i mean, not just random bigotry)
    Booooo!
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ay_real_money/

Well that sounds like a terrible idea. Allowing people to pay money to instantly refill their resources.
    Reddit comment that says it best:
    " 'Lets design a system that limits the spamabilty of power items, then sell people a way to completely bypass that limitation.'
    For fucks sake SOE.. "

I have no idea what SOE is trying to do.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I have no idea what SOE is trying to do.
    Make money?

That's exactly it. You're forgetting that PS2 is free, and lots of players won't sign up for premium, so SOE will be trying to make money however they can - especially when they're ploughing investment in to the game (PS4 release isn't going to be cheap...). Whilst the mechanism in this case may be a bit flawed, the reasoning behind it is fairly obvious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That may be it but it will just scare players away. If the Reddit is any indication and if people arent lying through their noses then it will cost them subscribers.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    If the Reddit is any indication
    I would say if you base what the community thinks by what Reddit says, you're going to have a bad time. SOE probably have much better numbers than we have access to.

Activated Node
    It just wont happen. There's no way SOE can try to argue give paying players the ability to constantly pull force multipliers isn't a pay-to-win mechanism. Usually SOE are good at responding to the community, the implants system for example was much worse in its initial planned state. If we do get any sort of mechanism like this then it'll be in a much more diluted form. I imagine with the resource overhaul SOE will just sit back and watch the increased sales of resource boosts come streaming in without anywhere near as much community uproar.

To be honest, it just sounds to me like SOE pulling the same old routine again:

• Start at 0 - Game as it is. You want to add a change or mechanic that you know is opposed and will cause a reaction.
    • Suggest "10" - an over the top implementation that you know is unrealistic.
    • Await inevitable community reaction of a Venkman style "Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
    • Say you've "listened to the community" and then suggest "5" - a smaller scoped implementation, that was pretty much what you had in mind initially.
    • Community opposition is now minimal/muted, because "5" really isn't anywhere near as bad as "10", community gets to claim "we made them rethink" etc etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It works well. I'm just not able to see a midpoint this time. Maybe adding in nanites drops or something.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by iNGLE5 View Post
    It just wont happen. There's no way SOE can try to argue give paying players the ability to constantly pull force multipliers isn't a pay-to-win mechanism.
    Indeed. For the love of Vanu please no pay2farm mechanism.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    All those changes in the recent past make me believe that PS2 isn't paying the bills.
    For me it's starting to look like Battlefield Heroes. At first the game was fine, no (at least outright obvious) pay2win stuff. But then it turned out to not be profitable and they introduced some pay2win elements. The community went nuts but in the end almost nobody quit. After they saw that this change was making a huge pile of cash they decided to go completely nuts on it. They actually toned this down a bit a few months ago but I guess that mainly happened due to the developers primarily working on a new game and there aren't all too many new players coming in anyway.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

What's the difference between resource boosts and resource refills? Both are convenience items, where you can spend money to bypass waiting.
    We should probably wait for exact numbers before calling it P2W.
    Steam: Bynn