Page 272 of 295 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5890
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynn View Post
    What's the difference between resource boosts and resource refills? Both are convenience items, where you can spend money to bypass waiting.
    We should probably wait for exact numbers before calling it P2W.
    The difference is that a boost is still limited. Less then normal play, but there is a limit. A resource refill can be used as many times as you need with no other limit then the amount of cash you can spend. So there is indeed a difference.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Boost is a percentage, and x% of 0 is 0. Retains the purpose of the resource revamp.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    You know, I stopped caring what SOE does :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    on a small side note, the log-in servers are down. As are the forums and all other SOE websites it seems.
    Steam: Dominicus

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    the log-in servers are down. As are the forums and all other SOE websites it seems.
    Apparently major dns issue, could take a while to get them propagating correctly again. There is a workaround for forums, not sure about main game:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...er_for_people/

https://twitter.com/radarx/status/489044136818114560

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iNGLE5 View Post
    not sure about main game:
    Just tested and confirm working fix. You need to add the following lines to your hosts file (found in c:windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts usually)

64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    64.37.174.148 lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com
    80.239.178.24 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    68.232.45.253 pls.patch.station.sony.com
    69.174.204.11 forums.station.sony.com
    69.174.202.136 account.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.29 auth.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.22 planetside2.com
    64.37.171.22 www.planetside2.com

Apparently they have renewed the expired domain so should get itself working at some point, until then use the workaround.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    They let the domain expire? Haha, how amateurish.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Christ, maybe they are in serious financial trouble.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Christ, maybe they are in serious financial trouble.
    They'll be wanting back all those free NS-11Ps back, to be stuck in an envelope to send to Cash4Gold.com
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Network Hub
    I don't care about nanites for cash per se. It depends on the remaining features of the resource revamp. If it would allow people to spawn stuff at a sieged and resource depleted base, it would be horrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    I don't care about nanites for cash per se. It depends on the remaining features of the resource revamp. If it would allow people to spawn stuff at a sieged and resource depleted base, it would be horrible.
    How could it not be that.

One seriously boggles at SOE and at Radar_X's pathetic excuses here.

"Hey guys we're revamping the resource system so that it's not possible to just endlessly pull force multipliers. In the longer run it will also make the game more strategic, as cutting the enemy off from resources will lead to them being depleted at that base. Unless your opponents pay us that is, then they completely negate your actions XD!"

The resource revamp is bound to upset people anyway, and member resource boosts have long been some of the biggest "pay to win" elements of the game. Making this move seems odd, about the only explanation I can really see is that it's a very unsubtle "door in face" manouver, to bring something else they want in. That or they could just abandon the whole "no pay to win" thing and be shamelessly pay to win, like Battlefield heroes or every mobile game ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    It's very easy to take the moral high ground when the cash is flooding in. That isn't the case anymore, so the higher ups just want to milk the cow until the teats fall off.

I would even suggest that the actual creative team had no say in this and that it's marketing and finance departments putting these ideas forward. As the cash flow drops, those people get more and more say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynn View Post
    What's the difference between resource boosts and resource refills? Both are convenience items, where you can spend money to bypass waiting.
    We should probably wait for exact numbers before calling it P2W.
    Difference is that they're removing timers so resource boosts were still limited by a 5 minute timer per vehicle. Nanite refills will come in once timers are removed to basically allow infinite spammed vehicles.

I don't think SOE is actually going to release this, its just something they stuck on the PTS probably as a remnant of actual dev testing and following all of the uproar nothing close to whats currently there will be released on live.
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

Infinite nanites for money anywhere anytime would be terrible yes.

If resource refill came with a long cooldown and you could only do it at a warpgate terminal it would be fine.
    I mean at a warpgate without any boosts, you can fully refill your nanites in 15 minutes.
    Steam: Bynn

One thing I learned today is that I really suck at gunning libs, in a 10 minute run the only kill I got was on a passing mosquito and that was because my cat jumped on my mouse. I only got a couple of assists after that. According to my stats page I have an accuracy rating of 16%. Does anyone have any tips on making me a better gunner? Or am I doomed to be mocked forever because my cat is a better gunner than me?
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Iím just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and Iím like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    A lot of it depends on your pilot, I feel.
    What gun were you using? Leading your target is the main issue. It can be pretty easy to lead on infantry in a base, but moving vehicles is a pain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Err, well I wouldnt know what to tell you without seeing how you gun Gary. I can tell you that sometimes its better not to shoot if your solution is not optimal, save those shots for when you know your going to hit. Predict where the enemy is going, even though it looks like they are fast they still have a travel time. You can also hoard the enemy, if you splash a shot right in front of them they will usually turn right around presuming you are leading them.

If your lib is flying at speed you often need to aim behind the target to hit them, the angle and combined speed of the gun and liberator can create some crazy angled shots that require a very progressive aiming.

And sometimes, its just better to spam them and do a few ammo runs.

Let me know if you see me online and you want to get in some practice. I got a lib fitted with a bulldog and zephyr, and I know plenty others that have a nicely kitted out lib that they are more then willing to grab if you ask!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Obscure Node
    It also really depends on your lib pilot as to whether you're getting good angles / how jerky his flight is / is he focusing on using his main gun etc.. I'm in a lib a lot so give me a shout if you'd like to gun

I was using the zephyr but I struggled to hit a deployed sundy with more than 3 shots. I think my main problem is with the bullet velocity, every time I tried to compensate it would land where I didn't expect it and when I would compensate for that the shell would hit somewhere even further away from my target. I seem to do a lot better with the bulldog as that's a lot easier to predict, I don't think I've ever used the shredder or dalton since beta.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Iím just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and Iím like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They did change the Lib weapons recently, right? The Dalton and Zephyr now have much reduced bullet velocity, so it could be that you just weren't at all used to it (and perhaps didn't even realise it had changed). Bulldogs did not receive a nerf as far as I know.