Page 28 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    I'm starting to feel that by the time I can afford to throw money at this, there'll be so much extraneous shit thrown in that I won't want to play it very much anymore.
    meh, patience ,young padawan, balance of the force will be restored.

On other note, how's flinching to you people after update? It seems, I don't practically get it vs TR anymore.

On one more note, isn't this one of the best ways to promote PS2 instead of cinematics?:|
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPuY2hvYjnw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ra3wZCf5Bo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1ultMWLjU
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 01-03-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ng-soon.99770/

there is some good stuff coming, i think. i'm VERY excited for the lancer (will probably be the first launcher i'll get for my heavy), and kinda envious of the phoenix. i'm sure a boatload of tv-guided missiles we be as much of a pain in the arse as they're going to be awesome.

Network Hub
    This just in: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ng-soon.99770/
    Higby posts details about GU04 !
    It looks AWESOME ! I'm finally getting most of my stuff for the character on our server.
    I smell a Silly Monday Flash Rush with EFFING LASHERS

EDIT: Damm, qaz beat me to it
    Last edited by Pirate; 02-03-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Holy shit ammout of stuff getting this GU4 is too much honestly. SOE should not overwork, they'll break the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I more worry about them breaking themselves. Apparently work conditions at SOE is worse then other devs and most of them regularly still put in 70+ hour work weeks - an ex-dev posted so on reddit anyway. That's not very sustainable.

The patch however looks great. I just wish I had bought a little more SC for the Lancer.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I smell a Silly Monday Flash Rush with EFFING LASHERS
    ...or Lancer pew-pew monster lasers!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lancer + extra seat on flash? Sweet gonna be a awesome tank killer

For those interested in the VR training area, FNO previewed it - http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/372778344

Starts about 1hr 45m in. Looks neat, although they kept mentioning they were on an old build of it. They seemed a bit embarrassed of it in the state it was in.

Edit: Flash racetrack = awesome!
    Last edited by MitchK; 02-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, the VR training room should be something for air squadron practice too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm really kinda worried about the Phoenix, in PS1 it made infantry combat vs NC shit.

Basically, it meant that masses of NC inf squatted behind a small rise and made the ground continuously explode around you. As long as you kept moving, it would rarely kill you, but by the time you reached their lines your health was so low that they got you easily - and if you tried to use cover, then BOOM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I'm really kinda worried about the Phoenix, in PS1 it made infantry combat vs NC shit.
    Didn't play PS1, but can see that a guided launcher could get a bit OP, what does everyone feel about the guided AV turret for engineers? Guess it depends on how agile the missiles are.

Rumble seats on flashes!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Holy shit ammout of stuff getting this GU4 is too much honestly. SOE should not overwork, they'll break the game.
    The fact they're going for one per fortnight is worrying too - I would've thought most of that fortnight will be spent re-balancing/undoing stupid changes/fixing new bugs/generally panicking...
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

I guess they use Scrum or some other agile development practice with two week sprints, so releasing new content every two weeks is not unreasonable. I also guess their team is so big that they have separate groups for new content and for bugfixes and balancing issues, so it might not be practically possible for them to contentrate on only fixes and balance. And lastly, I think delivering new content is important for them, so that they can show that they are dedicated to allowing this game to reach the potential it has, and that they have marketed it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Didn't play PS1, but can see that a guided launcher could get a bit OP, what does everyone feel about the guided AV turret for engineers? Guess it depends on how agile the missiles are.
    The big problem is that it's guided by a camera in the nose of the missile, rather than by you pointing your gun at a target. Painting a target requires line of sight; you have to expose yourself to enemy fire, which is not the case with the Phoenix.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    And lastly, I think delivering new content is important for them, so that they can show that they are dedicated to allowing this game to reach the potential it has, and that they have marketed it for.
    I also like that if they continue releasing stuff at this pace the game will turn into a huge, unpredictable mish-mash of weapons and vehicles on a huge scale, not the finely-balanced system of minimal classes and tools that I was kind of expecting. So long as nothing is hugely OP and that everything has a counter, it seems like it will be much more fun!

The big problem is that it's guided by a camera in the nose of the missile, rather than by you pointing your gun at a target. Painting a target requires line of sight; you have to expose yourself to enemy fire, which is not the case with the Phoenix.
    Ah, true that. Hidden troops flying rockets into the backs of tanks does sound terrifyingly OP. Hope the missiles are slow moving enough/have crappy enough turning circles to make them easy to dodge.

Network Hub
    Yeah, that sounds really annoying. Especially since right now there's a lot of this 'trench warfare' going on. People are gonna cry to the heavens over how OP this is. With proper teamwork this might be seriously hard to deal with but since PS2 doesn't see much teamwork in big fights I'm not as concerned. We're gonna have to adjust our playstyle a bit. I wonder if you'll be able to see these rockets clear enough to tell where are they coming from.

Redeemer was way more op than that though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    If they're like the TV missile in BF it will be fine. Also, remember that it takes the person firing out of the fight while steering the missile = open for killing.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    we'll just have to wait and see. this thing has the potential to be incredibly OP, or to be mediocre. It'll depend on the damage, the turnrate of the projectile, the velocity, and the range. i hope range and turn-rate will be limited, speed will be high, and the range will be at most 400m. I.e., no firing out from the spawn room and then curving it onto a tank behind a rock 25m away.

Pump-action shotty? Bloody murder, it is. Sweet gzus. Not sure I like it, I mean it's a killing machine, but do we really want that kind of guns in the game?

Also: check this out!
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/30...138240/photo/1