Page 291 of 315 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6294
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What are thoughts on airframes? Think someone discussed them a few pages back but I can't seem to find it.

From a little dicking around in VR training it seems that the agility one is nicer to fly, rolling and pitching is so fast you can pull ridiculous changes of direction and it should make you a bit speedier. The only real advantage of the other frame (high g? not sure what it's called) seems to be that you can yaw quite fast, thus letting your gunner stay on target better, perhaps also making it much easier for rumble seat gunners to hit stuff. Thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    What are thoughts on airframes? Think someone discussed them a few pages back but I can't seem to find it.

From a little dicking around in VR training it seems that the agility one is nicer to fly, rolling and pitching is so fast you can pull ridiculous changes of direction and it should make you a bit speedier. The only real advantage of the other frame (high g? not sure what it's called) seems to be that you can yaw quite fast, thus letting your gunner stay on target better, perhaps also making it much easier for rumble seat gunners to hit stuff. Thoughts?
    I haven't tried the valkyrie since they changed things this week (hoping to get some air time tonight though), but I prefered the agility one before the changes.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Evasiveness is the better one for general use, hover is only really useful if you need to keep it stable and in the same place, so mainly if you've got rumble seat snipers or lancers. This does make you a pretty big target though and sacrificing manoeuvrability is not worth it. It does make landing easier if you don'tt have the squad spawn/ejection seats, though I'd have no idea why you'd be running without it.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

There's also now warning messages that pop up on screen when the sundy you last spawned at is either "under attack" or "destroyed", which seems remarkably handy...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    WHY have they broken the tidle key! What am I meant to use now to exit a vehicle!?

They have broken several keys it seems. For me the < key (on german keyboard the first key of the lowest row next to x, c, v etc) does not work anymore. I used it to toggle the big minimap as I previously kept hitting "g" instead of "h" and threw a grenade, which was sometimes a rather bad idea...
    On the other hand they wrote in the patchnotes something like this is likely to happen as they merged the PS4 codebase in the PC code
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Network Hub
    Ping problems are gone for me, never got above 100 even in 96+/96+ fights (and yes that's a thing now). Did see some warping, and lockons appearing out of nowhere though.

I've started having issues with crashes again. Had the game freeze 3 times this evening and need killed through Task Manager.

Oh and if Reddit is to be believed - Pella is coming back to PS2.

New striker: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/563199069?t=22m30s
    I think it looks rather nice, the cone of fire needs to be tightened and it needs to do very little damage to infantry.
    This image suddenly got a whole lot scarier:
    striker.jpg
    The striker definately looks the best out of all the faction specific launchers when fired on mass.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Not sure I'm liking this. The smart seeking is going to be a real problem. Getting flashbacks to the "only faction that can have air is TR" days
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Not sure I'm liking this. The smart seeking is going to be a real problem. Getting flashbacks to the "only faction that can have air is TR" days
    I can only see this being useful at close range and on idiot pilots, I think it needs to be able to lock on to large ground vehicles (sundys and MBT's only) although using ESF's to stop strikers from hitting is a very nice idea, similar to the "kick all randoms from the sundy to use as chaff, the enemy tank gets free kills and the sundy lives, everyone's a winner" strategy and I can see it being used rather effectively.

Also this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y_pls_summary/
    I can't wait for new MBT weapons and abilitys. Also the empire specific buggys currently sound amazing. Can not wait for the tears the "phaseshift" ability will cause. It can also enhance our spooooky silly mondays.
    Last edited by gary; 30-08-2014 at 02:15 AM.

I would think a couple of striker guys just lobbing missiles in the air in a speculative fashion would deny the air to the enemies, you don't even need to aim, just fill the air with zippy little seekers. Also just spamming 6 rockets into doorways is an issue. They removed Dumbfire from this beast for a reason....

Also four magazines kills a sundy. I don't think four full charge Lancer shots does, roughly same times.

The bit about dynamic missions towards the end is interesting. Requesting things to be done and having them taken up by other squads would be fun.
    Last edited by Grible; 30-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Network Hub
    The range of thermal sights on the Valkyrie is bugged and is much shorter than normal. Don't use them for now.

Gamepad support appears to be totally borked, along with non-American keyboards.

So has the last patch made anyone else's ping skyrocket? I've lately been lucky to keep it below 1000 and once it took my c4 10 seconds to detonate after I pressed the button. It's basically made the game unplayable.

Network Hub
    been crashing a lot more frequently this evening no pattern to it seemingly.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    been crashing a lot more frequently this evening no pattern to it seemingly.
    Same. It puts me off even starting the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Same for me. Wanted to play a bit more now that new stuff is in but it keeps crashing on a more or less regular basis. Also I have a lot of "warping" issues and players/vehicles popping out of thin air (my connection is perfectly fine)

Guess I'll be giving the Orcs Must Die Unchained Beta a shot until the issues are fixed.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

So I really like the new squad leader ribbons, the mentorship ones especially are incredibly satisfying to get. They've made the process a lot more enjoyable and the extra xp is very nice.

On an other note, this is a thing:
    Last edited by gary; 01-09-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    C4 sticking to grenades? Sweet. I bet that guy never expected that...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

PS2 Fun Fact: Over the weekend, Ride of the Valks horn was used 413k times. which actually beat out how many infantry and vehicle kills Valks had over the same time frame (about 400k)
    Everything is as it should be.