Page 34 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Crossbows... why 3%"#%""% crossbows and bows in every game nowadays. It makes no sense whatsoever for anyone in planetside 2 to use a bloody bow. It is not cool, just stupid... oh well.

I had the same thought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I would as well advise against the boosts.. Super expensive.
    Find me on the Steams

Network Hub
    I would hope for the VS to get something more advanced than a bolt chucker. I don't know... maybe a personal teleporter or a disruptor ray gun...

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    I think VS should get vehicle cloaking as a really expensive unlock... maybe offset it with slow movement and no guns whilst cloaked... It would suit the VS technical prowess very well

A fleet of galaxies uncloaking as it reaches destination.... and the TR dumbstruck as 60 gals appear from nothing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A bit offtopic, but hey....

... I loaded up the game for the first time in ages recently and saw submachine guns. Apparently these are open to infiltrators too. The one with the 50 round clip looks quite good. Anyone tried these out for base infiltration?

I dont want the Vanu to turn into the protoss kthxbai
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    obligatorytextsoicancapslock - MY LIFE FOR VANU
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    A bit offtopic, but hey....

... I loaded up the game for the first time in ages recently and saw submachine guns. Apparently these are open to infiltrators too. The one with the 50 round clip looks quite good. Anyone tried these out for base infiltration?
    I have the first smg with small magazine and its pretty damn good especially after the last patch where it got an extra magazine. And as far as i know the 50 round mag one is better in just about every way so go for it. Grab a silencer and you have a killer CQB weapon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ha ... i hope they're trolling us with that crossbow. they are, right guys?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I was gonna argue ammo scarcity from a lore perspective, but they regrow you a new body on demand, and they have infinite ammo boxes, there's just no need for a crossbow.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    I have the first smg with small magazine and its pretty damn good especially after the last patch where it got an extra magazine. And as far as i know the 50 round mag one is better in just about every way so go for it. Grab a silencer and you have a killer CQB weapon.
    I've tried them out both in the VR room and I actually like the first one (Eridani) over the second one (Sirius). I tried out the Eridani with Extended Magazine, and the Sirius with Advanced Laser, and I still found the Eridani as accurate as the Sirius when hipfiring, and the lower cound mag actually is well compensated by the higher damage per bullet. And they have upped the total ammo you can carry with the Eridani in the latest patch. Plus, because of the lower RoF, it has such a controllable recoil that you can reliably ADS and take down targets up to 50 m away. Both can take 2, perhaps 3 targets per reload.

In fact I liked it so much that I went and bought the damn thing. I haven't used it much, but I'm quite satisfied. And it's fun uncloaking next to someone and aiming for the head, then immediately cloaking back. Spandex predators with machine guns!

Last edited by MrEclectic; 15-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

They're really close, but the Sirius has an edge in my opinion. They have pretty much identical TTKs (9ms difference). The Sirius has more recoil left-right, but because you don't need to get a magsize boost you can put the advanced laser on there, cancelling that out. What the Sirius gets you is 15 more shots in a mag, meaning more damage per mag. A 50*125 damage mag is 6250 total damage, vs the 35*143=5005 on the Eridani. The Eridani does reload a bunch quicker though, but on the other hand you need to reload more often with it anyway.

The Sirius' firerate is also higher, which helped a bunch in the flinch department but that has since been changed. It's very much down to personal preference and I prefer the Sirius. On both of the SMGs, do get softpoint ammo. It increases your damage per shot if you're engaging at closer than 50 meters, which is about the max effective range on your SMG anyway. And a suppressor.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    They're really close, but the Sirius has an edge in my opinion. They have pretty much identical TTKs (9ms difference). The Sirius has more recoil left-right, but because you don't need to get a magsize boost you can put the advanced laser on there, cancelling that out. What the Sirius gets you is 15 more shots in a mag, meaning more damage per mag. A 50*125 damage mag is 6250 total damage, vs the 35*143=5005 on the Eridani. The Eridani does reload a bunch quicker though, but on the other hand you need to reload more often with it anyway.
    Do you know how big the difference in reload time is? I use the Eridani a bit and find that I can reload pretty much whenever I'm not in an engagement, even if I know that there are enemies approaching, without having to worry about being in the middle of reloading (it even feels like it takes more time to switch to the pistol than reloading, but I haven't timed it).

1.75s/2.85s Eridani
    2.4s/3.4s Sirius

The first number is if you still have at least 1 round left, the second number is the reload when you have no bullets left. Since the Sirius has a bigger mag, there's a bigger chance you'll have at least 1 round remaining and so you can use the short reload more frequently. I think you can switch to a sidearm faster than do the long reload on the Sirius, so that's my tactic when I'm completely dry.

All guns are in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    1.75s/2.85s Eridani
    2.4s/3.4s Sirius

The first number is if you still have at least 1 round left, the second number is the reload when you have no bullets left. Since the Sirius has a bigger mag, there's a bigger chance you'll have at least 1 round remaining and so you can use the short reload more frequently. I think you can switch to a sidearm faster than do the long reload on the Sirius, so that's my tactic when I'm completely dry.

All guns are in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250
    Cheers! Interesting to see the numbers.

The servers are currently down for some quick maintenance to address a few issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 1 hour. Players may note the following changes:

Limited time Heroic Boosts are available!
    Double XP Weekend has begun!
    A client crash has been fixed
    Players should no longer get into incorrect zones
    You should only be able to cloak the Flash now
    Map screen fixes should now draw borders correctly
    Some attachments which weren't working correctly now should
    A few weapon descriptions were corrected
    Medal rewards were adjusted back to normal

---

Nice. Double XP weekend. I wonder what attachments weren't working correctly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wait, Double XP weekend start as soon as the servers are up? I was just planning on checking out the changes after the patch in my scythe, go solo for a while and just enjoy getting insane XP for taking down MBTs. And now you tell me I'll get double XP for that.

How very interesting...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I dont want the Vanu to turn into the protoss kthxbai
    You're more like terran honestly. Toss like is NC with hard hitters and armors NC max is an Archon like :P
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Re submachine guns

Thanks for the replies guys.