Page 40 of 318 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I heard someone say that there is a slight damage increase (beyond what you get on three charges) for holding it down until it fires... not sure if this is true, don't think it is officially documented anyway.

Activated Node
    Noticed a LOT of AA lock-ons tonight, have they buffed them or is it just a coincidence?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, it's kind of crazy if you try flying. It's probably 'cause of the Striker (TR's new toy). Several lock-on are suuuuuuper annoying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah, it's all strikers. So many strikers.
    Find me on the Steams

Armour didnt last very long against 10 strikers.
    I was trying to extol the virtues of the lancer in squad chat but as I was slightly drunk I dont think I did it justice.
    You can hip fire it and charge it up which is great for vehicles around buildings at close range. That is its real strength. Its not bad at range either, because of the projectiles high velocity it is pretty easy to hit 'bigger' moving targets at long range, sundys and MBT's. It may also be ok at hitting libs and gals, due to projectile velocity and not needing to lead the target too much, although havent actually tried this out
    The lancer is definitely going to be my go to G2G weapon.
    Last edited by deadasdillinger; 24-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.

I sniped a mossie with it yesterday. I use the Lancer for my long range heavy loadout, and I think it is pretty awesome at long range. They just need to remove the damage degradation and decrease charge time by 0,5 seconds or something, and I would say it is on par with the others.
    Find me on the Steams

Thinking out loud here, so possibly a dumb idea: part of me would like a direction indicator, similar to the one when you get hit, that activates once a missile has locked on to you. It would have to be some kind of "lock-on tracking" cert to make it in any way balanced, ie. being chosen instead of decoy flares or vehicle stealth / composite armor. Currently there's almost no way to find where the lock's coming from, especially at the 400-500 max range (that said, I don't fly 3rd person as I feel like it's cheating). Groups of HA would still be dangerous, and careful lone HAs would still most likely be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I quite like the lock-on indicator as it is. It makes it pay to be aware of your surroundings. When I'm driving a tank I try to be really aware of where infantry are / what cover I have available. Sometimes I fuck up and get a load of lock-on rockets in the side or rear, but that's my fault. I also enjoy descending on rocket-podders in my A2A scythe, locking on to them and watching as they try to hide from what they think is a heavy.

What you were saying about lock-ons at max range is annoying, but not sure if a direction indicator would really help that much. The area would still be a no-fly zone, and by the time you get the lock on warning it is often too late to escape anyway.

[edit: Actually it might be good if you got an indicator of where actual missiles were, once launched at you. Would make it a bit easier to try and dodge the missiles themselves. Sorry if this is what you meant in the first place!]
    Last edited by Rizlar; 24-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Activated Node
    Has anyone else found that, since a recent patch, their gun attachments have disappeared? Like, I certed a 3.4x scope for the medic's default rifle and since the patch it appears to have disappeared, while still registering as having been certed...

Quote Originally Posted by StormTec View Post
    Has anyone else found that, since a recent patch, their gun attachments have disappeared? Like, I certed a 3.4x scope for the medic's default rifle and since the patch it appears to have disappeared, while still registering as having been certed...
    It seems to me that every hotfix is to solve a problem just like this, check the official forums to see if others have exactly the same issue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I had the compensator unlocked for my medic's CME, but couldn't equip it. Need to test if they fixed that in the hotfix or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    [edit: Actually it might be good if you got an indicator of where actual missiles were, once launched at you. Would make it a bit easier to try and dodge the missiles themselves. Sorry if this is what you meant in the first place!]
    Honestly, I didn't mean that but I'd almost settle for either. The fact that a simple indicator pointing you in the direction of the HA doesn't do much good against large numbers of HAs and still often leaves you with a huge area to sweep for lone HAs is why it might be balanced.

As you've pointed out, in tanks it usually means you've been unlucky or made a positioning error. In ESFs you're sometimes exposed to fire from a huge arc (both G2A and A2A) and are basically chancing it.

Also, say "hi"* if you see me at the flight ceiling! Sometimes the only way to attack an area is to drop vertically from 1000m (or avoid it, but what fun would that be?).

*By "say hi" I mean "lock me with your A2A".

Higby on Lancer buffs:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/315906937785032704
    Lancer will be getting some range/charge time buffs and hopefully the into/out of ADS fix.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I was wondering, is it true that flares cancels out not only lock-ons on your esf but also at those around you? If so does this also work with the vehicle IR-smoke? Might be interesting to try this out as that way a group of IR-smoke flashes might be fun to have with an armour collom when assaulting TR.

This site had some pretty interesting ideas. Most are since beta or soon after release, but it's been maintained and updated with the latest additions at least.
    https://sites.google.com/site/planet...deproject/home

Is there a good guide online anywhere for fairly new players? I feel like I've got my head around all of the systems in the game now (I'm 20+ hours in), but I'm sure there's a lot of hidden nuance I'm still missing. Also, I've just been playing as Heavy Assault, as I don't want to jump into a support class with actual responsibilities and abilities other than simply shooting anything that moves and isn't purple, so it would be useful to get a breakdown of the different classes and abilities available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    I was wondering, is it true that flares cancels out not only lock-ons on your esf but also at those around you? If so does this also work with the vehicle IR-smoke? Might be interesting to try this out as that way a group of IR-smoke flashes might be fun to have with an armour collom when assaulting TR.
    Flares - no. Smoke - perhaps, not sure. Worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmitten View Post
    Is there a good guide online anywhere for fairly new players?
    Several on Youtube, but this one on Steam should be allright:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=113201458

Several others on Steam that are good.
    Find me on the Steams

Cool, thanks.

Republicside 2. Let's switch? Seems like they will never adress this kind of hot bullshit that the TR is the marketing faction and therefore gotta win everything and be the best.

(Striker kills a sunderer in 34 seconds, 4 seconds faster then a dumbfire, 14 seconds faster then a Phoenix, 16 seconds faster then a Lancer...)
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Though i think he could have shaved of quite a few seconds with the lancer on that last shot, no need for a full blast there i reckon?

But the lancer is up for buffs: https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/315906937785032704