Page 41 of 315 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Trying a TR alt now.

Fuck sake. Everything is just so much better.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Trying a TR alt now.

Fuck sake. Everything is just so much better.
    I thought the same last night when playing in a group with friends. Even with a rank 1 character fresh off the assembly line with zero certs everything was better. I found the starting medic gun to be more accurate and powerful than any Vanu one I've tried, more flexible in both medium and short ranged fights. The mossy is actually manageable by me and I even got my first ever air kill in one.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

no it isnt. evrrything looks like shite and the magrider cant be beat.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lies! The prowler is currently shit, as it's being affected by a weird recoil bug. Other than that ... fuck the TMG-50.

The CARV even is like a railgun minigun or soemthing. Fuck everything about them having more recoil - it is not true. The weapons are so, so much better.

Tried the prowler, and yeah it was weird.

edit: Btw - the mosquito without any upgrades is more maneuverable then a Scythe at level 3 dogfighting. ((((((((((((
    Find me on the Steams

Network Hub
    Ride, please don't join the TR! The Nazis had better guns too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yeah, the mosquito is definitely the best ESF, but the scythe isn't too far behind (not that i'm a good pilot, but i think the hover frame is probably best).

Hover is cool and all but if you don't have dogfighting both the reaver and mossie just outmaneuvers you. I don't particularly want to join the TR but their guns are awesome
    Find me on the Steams

The "bad" thing about their guns is the reload time is definitely noticeable compared to the Vanus, but to me that's a pretty fair trade off when their guns are that much better at everything else. It's so much more noticeable in bio-fights that as TR you run around the corner at the same time as some Vanu player and 9/10 even if he gets the first shot off you'll kill him.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Reload time is so pointless though.. Just reload in cover. Mags are bigger as well so.
    Find me on the Steams

Yep, that's what I meant by a fair trade off. I'd take longer reload time over less power any day. It's really unbelievable the difference in their weapons. A friend of mine was using a LA with the starting weapon + scope and was winning fights against Vanu snipers no problem. He was able to use his jetpack to reach places Infs could only dream of and his gun was so much more powerful and just as accurate.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Are you really watching the grass on the other side of the fence? Do it need to slap some sense in both of you?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

The thing about this is though, it's easy to hop over the fence and take a look at it yourself.

I personally think that from a game mechanic perspective their grass is greener. Better guns with no real drawbacks, better ESF's, the prowler might be buggy now, but it was pretty enjoyable and the driver also gets to main the main gun, making it an effective one man weapon platform, opposed to the VS where you pretty much need someone to man your main gun.

Their community and their outfits might be full of unfriendly people though, I didn't try join any, I just followed a herd.

Steam ID

No, I tried for myself Bankrotas. The difference between NC and TR is also much smaller - you guys have pretty sweet guns too (the SAW is awesome for example).

There is a significant difference in feel and general POW in the guns. I think this has much to do with the frankly subpar design of the Vanu guns in looks, as they all fucking look the same and look kinda awful. They need to be more spacey, shoot lasers HARDER and make more of a ruckus. The lasher is a good example of awesome looks and sound on a Vanu gun, and if you compare that to the Orion you have something lacking in feel.

Then the pure stats wise things - I think Vanu needs a special thing that is useful. Less recoil would seem like the obvious one. Right now I feel TR has slightly less recoil, higher ROF, higher DPS, bigger mags and better design and effects. The NC has higher damage, velocity, better range, bigger mags (from the get go at least) and better design and effects.

I base this on playing all three factions. I think Vanu is just sort of a half assed concept in the current stage, with the Mag being the only one that looks awesome and also IS awesome. The Scythe is good, but it's not as it should be now - it is outmaneuvered and outrunned, and outgunned. For infantry we lack a special thing and general coolness.

We just kinda f eel like the funky purple dudes that should be more agile and precise but are not that at all.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Looks/sounds is indeed a big factor for the player to make his weapons feel powerful. This is why i really love my NS11 because it looks great and has a pretty decent sound. Sometimes i just really need to see something else than the same looking gun on every single class.

I remember seeing some early ingame shots from Planetside 2 where the vanu guns looked completely different.
    For example this looks way better imo:

I don't so much care about the look of the weapons, though I understand for some it's important. What gets me is the feel and the power of the TR weapons. Now I understand my frustrations at always losing one on one fights, their guns are just better. I feel handicapped, which is why I lean towards the support roles.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Bah, I so dislike NC6 SAW, mind you, I'm terrible aim myself.

On this topic though, I'd like comments on this thread http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...cation.108818/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I win some 1v1 against TRs, but if it's a GOON heavy with a CARV or TMG, I am fucked.
    Find me on the Steams

I think TTK and OHK weapons right now is pretty good, Bankrotas. I agree with your asymmetrical balance but you still have not given VS anything else then being the sorta-aight-at-medium-range-I-guess faction. No special "thing".

IMO Vanu is low recoil (close to none), high accuracy, low capacity (smaller mags, like 50 in the Orion), medium damage (slightly more then TR, quite "a lot" less then NC) and decent RPM that is perhaps around 750 at max. I also think we should have a couple of weapons that allow 100% movespeed in ADS on light assaults and medics. That's precision and agility for the Vanu.
    Find me on the Steams

Actually that could be just what they need. I find the Vanu weapons too weak to go for body shots and going ADS means you're just going to get a close up of your opponent before you die.

Steam ID