Page 42 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I don't play Vanu enough to give them justice, nor this idea is to undertake alone.
    BTW, I usually go ADS even in CQC situations honestly. It feels much better for me and I think, I'm winning more when I ADS.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Network Hub
    I certainly have the most success in shoot-offs when I'm carefully aiming for the head and and my opponent is not.

Actually, given some thought, I think most of my kills come from being better placed and getting the drop on the enemy.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I actually feel that mid-range is where VS weapons are the most ... lacking. In the LMG section we have the orion, which is crazy good at close range (laser sight!), but is also severely limited by its ammo count and gets a lot less effective a range increases (hosing down carv users from the hip isn't much of an issue though). Same goes for the VX6-7--crazy good at close range, but not really viable for med range at all. In contrast, the lynx and carv stay viable up to mid-range.

Notable exceptions to this are the HV45 and the Pulsar LSW, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by qaz; 25-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Perhaps the Vanu could differentiate by using hitscan weapons. Laser rifles, or something, relatively low damage but guaranteeing the hit if you ADS.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    I certainly have the most success in shoot-offs when I'm carefully aiming for the head and and my opponent is not.
    I don't think I ever win without ADS. Shotgun at point blank, from behind, sometimes. If you have to headshot with the LMG, why is it even called an LMG?

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    I also think we should have a couple of weapons that allow 100% movespeed in ADS on light assaults and medics.
    I like this and so will SOE if they can make station cash.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    (Striker kills a sunderer in 34 seconds, 4 seconds faster then a dumbfire, 14 seconds faster then a Phoenix, 16 seconds faster then a Lancer...)
    I noticed this down on the VR training range over the weekend - the Striker was 3-clipping a Sundy. Maybe more difficult to maintain lock if it was moving, but still. Embarrassingly, I never realised the Decimator (and probably ever other launcher) had damage falloff until then as well.

As far as default HAs go, the VS are my least favourite. I can't control the recoil at mid-to-long range and the clip size / ammo count are horrible. In CQC it's awesome, but so's the TR gun and I find it easier for mid-range. The NC SAW is a freakin' sniper rifle, slap a 4x scope on it and you're good to go, just avoid CQC.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    I don't think I ever win without ADS. Shotgun at point blank, from behind, sometimes. If you have to headshot with the LMG, why is it even called an LMG?
    Same. I bought the new SMG with adv. laser thinking I'd have to ADS less, but I find myself right almost clicking every time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I actually feel that mid-range is where VS weapons are the most ... lacking. In the LMG section we have the orion, which is crazy good at close range (laser sight!), but is also severely limited by its ammo count and gets a lot less effective a range increases (hosing down carv users from the hip isn't much of an issue though). Same goes for the VX6-7--crazy good at close range, but not really viable for med range at all. In contrast, the lynx and carv stay viable up to mid-range.

Notable exceptions to this are the HV45 and the Pulsar LSW, at least in my opinion.
    Think it's because, as compensation for no bullet drop, we get extra severe damage drop-off at range. Kind of annoying for VS who wouldn't mind compensating for drop, since we are always going to be comparatively weak at medium-long range (even if aesthetically it does make sense and lasers are obvs super cool). To be honest I would prefer bullet(laser?) drop and better balanced damage at range...

Also I find the advantage to hip-firing is that you can keep running around, makes you a bit of a harder target. Pretty sure my success rate close-up one vs one rose dramatically once I started dashing around and spraying from the hip. Kind of need a laser sight tho. Guess it is what you are used to, several months of shotgun-toting has kind of hard wired it into me now.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 26-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.

i have no problem killing people without sights. but then again, I do use an automatic shotgun with 10 rounds of death.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    How about this, eh?
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/316370014196363264
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Higby
    Lancer going to get reduction to charge time, range increase, decreased dmg falloff, ability to hold charge at level 3 for a few seconds
    Edit:
    Also, concerning going into ADS during charge-up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Higby
    That's something we had to remove because it was causing a bug with the charge up - once we fix that bug we'll put that back
    This might become a really useful piece of equipment, after all.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 26-03-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think I know what bug its causing because sometimes when you hit fire and aim at the same time the full charge sound and animation will play but you will only get a lvl 1 shot. So I guess the weapon stops charging when you change from hipfire to ads.

But thats a tip to everyone go to ADS before starting to charge your shot =)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Doublepost, but info about upcoming ESRL changes:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=53981

Better range, short charge, less damage fall-off for lancer.

Camera that hilights tanks and obscures infantry for pheonix

Activated Node
    Near constant lock-on tone is driving me crazy. I'm having to break out of dogfights all the time.

I'd prefer it if the Striker didn't produce any warning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    VS HA sucks. Orion and all other LMGs need buffs. How do we make it happen?
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I don't think VS HA sucks. I've been playing it a lot lately and have had tons of fun, and also been (hopefully) quite effective. However, this is with a shotgun, SMG or the Lasher. I never liked playing with the LMGs, so I can't judge their quality. Maybe that says something about their state though...

I tried the default NC LMG in VR today. It's a beast with only a 3.4 or 4x scope, a grip and a compensator. That's 230 certs for an awesome weapon which I'd rather take into combat than any of the Vanu offerings, which are also more expensive to obtain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    That says something about their state LaKroy. For me the HA = LMG.

The Carv kills so much faster it is ridiculous that this persists. It must be by choice or marketing, I don't see how it can be considered ok by SOE that it is like this.

You feel like a beast with the Carv. My Orion/Pulsar just jumps around and hits jack shit in comparison, and every bullet of the Carv does more damage while firing faster with less recoil. How did this happen and how do you get the devs attention?
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    that's not really ... accurate, ride. the orion and carv are very similar. their damage is the same (143) and both have the same rate of fire (750). the carv has more bullets, but the orion has slightly better COF and much better reload (+ better movement in ads). both guns are basically short range weapons, with the carv being slightly better at mid-range (it does have a weird jitter to it though). if you havent tried yet, use the orion like a smg (hipfire + laser). works pretty well for me.

the only LMG that's truly ridiculous is the gauss saw. slap the adv foregrip + 4-6x scope and high v ammo on there, and you have a gun that's pretty much in a different league when it comes to mid-long range fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I tried the default NC LMG in VR today. It's a beast with only a 3.4 or 4x scope, a grip and a compensator. That's 230 certs for an awesome weapon which I'd rather take into combat than any of the Vanu offerings, which are also more expensive to obtain.
    330 certs* ADV foregrip.

Anyway, reason, I left VS in first place, was that NC weapons at least had some character in them, more than VS anyway. And I don't like lower damage and higher ROF weapons that much. I tend to miss and actually missing with high ROF I miss more bullets, since I keep shooting and correcting myself, this is better with lower ROF weapons. Anyway, EM6 IMO is way better as universal weapon than NC6, which is semi-decent in mid range and lackluster in CQC combat.

And best sounding weapons isn't NC6 either, try REAPER DMR, it sounds like shooting hammers in peoples faces at supersonic speeds.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    And best sounding weapons isn't NC6 either, try REAPER DMR, it sounds like shooting hammers in peoples faces at supersonic speeds.
    Now that is a weapon i want. STOP, HAMMER TIME! (which is something the NC is gonna get in the melee max weapon-renders is anything to judge by )