Page 46 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quite disappointed to not see "scatmax damage vs. other maxes at <10m reduced by 50%". Hopefully something of the sort comes in the max update at the end of the month then.
    Find me on the Steams

Luckily no MANA-AV nerf. I would've been a bit miffed if they'd nerfed it now, I just bought it last night.

Well it needs a nerf, so hopefully you will be a bit miffed soon Boris!
    Find me on the Steams

Nooooooooooo!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I know there is a "major max overhaul" coming, and it cannot come too soon but all I have heard about that is giving maxes cool unique abilities which doesn't really mean anything unless they rework the weapons completely. Maxes should have to choose between infantry killing-power (close vs. ranged combat) and max killing-power. That way maxes will balance each other just like they should. A AI max will just wade in through infantry and kill them with ease much like the scatmaxes used to, but if an enemy Anti-max max showed up it would get stomped into the dirt. Just like HE vs AP tanks work.

That and the max weapons needs to have clear cut roles, the Blue-shift vs Cosmos for example, or Hacksaw vs Scattercannon. Make one of those weapons a beast at 0-15m the other lower dps but effective up to 50m etc. Generally maxes are way to weak in the open which is why we only see them in biolabs where everyone hates them. If they were used more in the open there would be much more interesting ways to use them, and to fight against them. It would also look way more badass to have a bunch of maxes follow an infantry charge against a base. I'v done it a few times and you will not be able to kill anyone, with some luck you will get a few assists.

Hell just scrap all the variations of the same weapon they have and add proper unique guns, stuff like Lashers and similar.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Magrider survivability in large falls should be more in line with other vehicles
    worried about this bit. hoping we wont experience more pointless explosions in our mags

bit disappointed in the rest of the stuff. the pump actions weren't nerfed much at all, as the only problem was the high firerate. all other shotguns were hit with rpm/recoil/dmg nerfs. also, turrets were buffed by 25% and will be even more of a pain in the ass now.

and yeah, ai maxes shouldnt do damage to other maxes

I think scatmaxes is where it's at for MAX killing speed. It's stupid that they're shooting small pellets and ripping big robot men apart however, so they should have it as such that the AV max weapons become the anti-MAX weapons.

I have no issue with maxes destroying infantry as the scatmax does as long as it's mainly just infantry. A goddamn shotgun should take a good while to actually kill a big exoskeleton.
    Find me on the Steams

well my max av cannons are awesome, I want to be able to use them more but they do too little damage too slow.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Shotguns should bounce right off of MAX (maybe excluding headshots). Seriously, they're big thick metal plates, shotgun pellets don't penetrate those at all. For gameplay reasons it should just reduce the damage, but I really do feel that a shotgun should be less effective than a carbine or AR vs a MAX.

Yeah yeah, wanting realism in Planetside is bad, but this is just ridiculous.

Oh and VS MAX should probably get non-chargable Lancer arms as AV option. That would rock.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Exactly, improve maxes bullet resistance and make sure that maxes have a viable, effective explosive weapon to pick for max fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Shotguns should bounce right off of MAX (maybe excluding headshots). Seriously, they're big thick metal plates, shotgun pellets don't penetrate those at all. For gameplay reasons it should just reduce the damage, but I really do feel that a shotgun should be less effective than a carbine or AR vs a MAX.

Yeah yeah, wanting realism in Planetside is bad, but this is just ridiculous.

Oh and VS MAX should probably get non-chargable Lancer arms as AV option. That would rock.
    nooooooooooooooooo. i just want my av cannons to suck less, thats all. if they did double damage they would be viable without being overpowered since they have really slow projectiles anyway.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rez icons should now properly display for combat medics over downed ally MAX units

The death cam should no longer cancel an active revive prompt
    Yay! Also ribbons and alerts actually sound pretty cool. Mixes up general play a little.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Patch and servers are up again. But anyone able to get online?
    I am stuck at the 98% loading screen. Already validated game files and deleted the launcher cache but that did not help. Trying to repair the launcher next.

*edit*
    Ah okay. It's a common problem. Lots of folks with the issue in the SOE forums. Likely that the servers are having troubles with all those players trying to get on.
    Last edited by bonkers; 03-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Obscure Node
    I'm probably the only one who is glad to see that the pump action nerf was relatively tame! I haven't actually tried it yet, but looking at those notes it seems that the phobos' effectiveness against a pack of enemies will be reduced, but otherwise one on one fighting will be the same: surprising dudes and one-shotting them in the face. Its a pity they didnt fix the reload interrupt though, the whole appeal of a pump action is to be able to interrupt your reload and with its current implementation you have to wait several seconds for the shot to go off after pressing fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Not sure the reload interrupt is broken, personally. It's a really powerful weapon as is, I think it needs to have some kind of drawback. Just the fact that you can interrupt the reload at all seems enough to me.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Not sure the reload interrupt is broken, personally. It's a really powerful weapon as is, I think it needs to have some kind of drawback. Just the fact that you can interrupt the reload at all seems enough to me.
    Its probably not "broken", as in its been designed that way, but its still annoying and at odds with how pump actions work in most other games. In practise, the delay means that interrupting the reload serves no benefit most of the time except in circumstances where your opponent is unaware of you and they aren't moving.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't connect to the servers, but the mines nerf is very shitty. Mining sunders was a very fun part of the game.

I will probably still mine sunders, but some will manage to survive, by having somebody killing me before I can trigger the explosion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Ah, the warping/no-damage bug is back again

(btw servers currently down to get rid of "external players", whatever that means)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I can't connect to the servers, but the mines nerf is very shitty. Mining sunders was a very fun part of the game.

I will probably still mine sunders, but some will manage to survive, by having somebody killing me before I can trigger the explosion.
    C4 instead, it is more reliable since everyone and their mothers run mine-guard nowadays anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It actually only says "on top of vehicles", placing beneath vehicles should still work, or doesn't it?