Page 49 of 294 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Daddy is one of the lamest players on Miller. Sure, he knows how to handle his ESF, but he doesn't like to really fight meaning that he only engages when he knows that he has the drop on you. If he fails/is about to die, he actually logs out--whether it's in his max or the mossy. Doesn't mean he's not skilled with his mossy (insanely accurate), but the logging is the reason why his KD is so insanely high, not skill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    All I care bout Daddy, is knowing when not to be in the open ground, if he's arround.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfChutney View Post
    Bankrotas, you've killed me twice, and I've killed the Racoon twice. WOOP
    Funnilly enough in my top 100 kills and deaths not a single NC character.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 10-04-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Daddy is one of the lamest players on Miller. Sure, he knows how to handle his ESF, but he doesn't like to really fight meaning that he only engages when he knows that he has the drop on you. If he fails/is about to die, he actually logs out--whether it's in his max or the mossy. Doesn't mean he's not skilled with his mossy (insanely accurate), but the logging is the reason why his KD is so insanely high, not skill.
    Pretty much this. As someone who flies a bit myself, I have absolutely no respect for Daddy. If I see him flying I don't go "Oh no, Daddy's around", I go "Oooh, new target." He is good at rocket podding infantry, no doubt about that, but I seem to win most one-on-ones against him. And I'm not THAT good of a pilot either.

But yeah, I also agree about the previous point. If you want a high K/D ratio and lots of XP. Teamplay is not the way to go. If you want to have fun on the other hand...

Network Hub
    Some images of interest.

Crosspostin' from the Weapon Appreciation Thread, this is from CupBoy's spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ut=html&gid=39

From the game files (credit to CupBoy again):

And the VS MAX ability, from the test server (credit to Zylen):

http://i.imgur.com/K5afH3U.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Seems like an allright ability, but goddamnit fix our Max accuracy first..
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar

Intel changes in the new hex/lattice system

About the new hex-lattice on the test server:

I like when hovering over a region, you also get some basic intel about allied activity, same as we get now about enemy activity. But when hovering over neutral areas, no intel is given. It opens tactical and operational possibilities, but I'm worried it may be mostly to the attacker's benefit. In fact, if this feature gets implemented as presented, standard MO should be always travel outside of the lattice regions. Attack, and then again move out of the coloured hexes, so that the enemy doesn't have a clue.

On the one hand it may encourage active scouting operations, where one vanguard is covering its main force's approach, and the opposing is trying to scout it out. These should be some interesting skirmishes, leading to the main battle. But on the other hand there are outfits that are already doing that, and I think that again it puts too much pressure on the defender's assets and resources.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 10-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Here's one PS1 veteran's analysis of the latice seen on test servers:
    http://themittani.com/features/plane...x-lattice-test

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    About the new hex-lattice on the test server:

I like when hovering over a region, you also get some basic intel about allied activity, same as we get now about enemy activity. But when hovering over neutral areas, no intel is given. It opens tactical and operational possibilities, but I'm worried it may be mostly to the attacker's benefit. In fact, if this feature gets implemented as presented, standard MO should be always travel outside of the lattice regions. Attack, and then again move out of the coloured hexes, so that the enemy doesn't have a clue.

On the one hand it may encourage active scouting operations, where one vanguard is covering its main force's approach, and the opposing is trying to scout it out. These should be some interesting skirmishes, leading to the main battle. But on the other hand there are outfits that are already doing that, and I think that again it puts too much pressure on the defender's assets and resources.
    Interesting point. I guess we really need to get bigger on the scouting until/unless that changes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar

Some (questionable) thoughts on the intel changes and the new hex/lattice sytem

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Here's one PS1 veteran's analysis of the latice seen on test servers:
    http://themittani.com/features/plane...x-lattice-test
    Hm, perhaps I'm giving myself too much credit, but I think he hints at the aspect I described in my previous post.

The zergs will always attack down the path of least (apparent) resistance. So it is the organised forces' task to scout, flank, and maneuver around the enemy.

The problem, as I see it, is that the zerg mostly attacks and rarely defends. So maneuvering in tandem to your zerg is more efficient, as you gain both the numerical superiority and positional advantage, while the defender doesn't have the same zergling reserves to count upon.

The way I see it, an attacking platoon-sized force should operate like this in such a scenario: air units scout ahead, estimating the enemy forces and disposition, and eliminating any enemy patrols so the main outfit forces may approach. A forward squad is doing the same on the ground, securing the position the main outfit forces will launch their attack from. The main outfit forces arrive, and launch their attack, usually from the flank of the enemy, who is preoccupied fending off the zerg. Up until the moment of commitment of the main outfit forces, the enemy receives no intel from the map, and all he's faced from that direction is some harassing air and ground elements. They may very well be air farmers or stranglers. Even if he suspects what is going on, based on the intel he has, the questions of whether to divert assets to that flank and how many remain hard to answer in a definite manner.

This could be a premise for more interesting operational play.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 10-04-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Seems like an allright ability, but goddamnit fix our Max accuracy first..
    I think its pretty darn interesting that the only max to actually get weapons that match their theme is the NC. TR and VS maxes both have very similar weapons, slow firing and hard hitting. The Max guns needs more flavor there need to be a high rof one for close combat, a slower hard hitting but more accurate for mid distance etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    I think its pretty darn interesting that the only max to actually get weapons that match their theme is the NC. TR and VS maxes both have very similar weapons, slow firing and hard hitting. The Max guns needs more flavor there need to be a high rof one for close combat, a slower hard hitting but more accurate for mid distance etc.
    I'd trade you my fully certed out hacksaws for your cosmos!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I'd trade you my fully certed out hacksaws for your cosmos!
    Yeah your guns are not necessarily better they just have the flavor of the NC, which for some stupid reason is shotguns. But they are different. TR and VS maxes pretty much have the same guns. The Max revamp should not be just new NS guns and abilities they need to redo the entire weapon arsenal of Maxes to make them unique, fun, interesting and most of all give maxes a strategic choice in load out. Not just Bursters for AA, Cosmos for everything else. There should be a CQB Loadout for crashing the generator room, a loadout for guarding towers that have better range etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Deal, Bankrotas!
    Find me on the Steams

Network Hub

Just sayin'.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Like I said the Max weapons are not necessarily better, they just have a bit more flavor. But the NC have the same problem with all three weapons being extremely similar.

Anyway Max vs Max is more interesting because well we all know maxes are good at killing infantry. Which is the part that needs updating most of all really. Maxes should have to pick slow firing armor piercing weapons for killing other maxes (sure they shred infantry as well but not as good as a rapidfire weapon would) instead of just picking one weapon for everything.

Network Hub
    Quick vid of the new UI & preview system on the test server:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH7oJMplMFU

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I managed to score a kill on Daddy (I think on friday) with a burster MAX. Guess he didn't reach the logout button fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Like I said the Max weapons are not necessarily better, they just have a bit more flavor. But the NC have the same problem with all three weapons being extremely similar.

Anyway Max vs Max is more interesting because well we all know maxes are good at killing infantry. Which is the part that needs updating most of all really. Maxes should have to pick slow firing armor piercing weapons for killing other maxes (sure they shred infantry as well but not as good as a rapidfire weapon would) instead of just picking one weapon for everything.
    I would agree that more variety would be nice. The NC Max does have its AP grenade launcher though, which in my view makes it a slightly better max than the others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Today's update on the test server contianed a few really neat things: allied activity indicators and cap timers displayed graphically on the map. Behold:

screenshot_20130410-17-59-01.jpg
    Crossroads Watchtower is held by TR, but NC are 1/3 through "their half" of the cap, with 2 minutes remaining.
    Allatum Botany Wing is held by NC, but VS are 40% through their half with 1 minute remaining.
    At Snake Ravine, the TR and NC have reached a stalemate, where noone currently controls the cap point, hence no timer.
    Same with TI Alloys.

screenshot_20130410-18-20-53.jpg
    Enemy Activity overlay.

screenshot_20130410-18-20-56.jpg
    Ally activity overlay.

That's awesome! And none too soon, either.