Page 5 of 287 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    What has me worried though is the increase in render distance of MAXs. It will be as if drawing a huge bulls-eye on each one of them. If the rest of the balancing tweaks on A2G weapons and G2A deterrents aren't sufficient, this will still do nothing against the liberator spam. Every zepher gunner camping at the ceiling will be targeting the MAXs as a matter of principle, especially when you consider that where there are MAXs, there is also support infantry around. "A, there they are, the little buggers!"
    which should be fine with the AA upgrades theyre also doing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

And hopefully people now get a bigger incentive to actually use AA (not only Maxes, but also turrets and skyguards - which seemd a bit weak tbh) when they're getting those "partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing". That said, I'm looking forward to increased draw distance for Maxes because it was indeed quite annoying to fly an ESF and get shot at by invisible Maxes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column

Seems like I won't need to find one hundred thousand toothpicks in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    For now I have to agree with Mohorovic about player invincibility. The examples they stated don't really say you can't run invicible. If they do as QuantaCat stated and give it until player moves, then it's almost ok. I'd say it also should be timed.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It states you can't perform actions like firing or using abilities. It doesn't say anything about moving, but I would imagine (and hope) that it's only active for a second or two.

It's most likely a response to everyone's favourite action of spawning at a sundy only to be greeted by the "you died" screen again because the sundy was just blown up as you spawned.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Or because someone camped it with HE/shotguns/sniper rifles.

Either way, I doubt that it's going to let you get very far while being invincible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Pistols account for about a quarter of my kills. They're excellent, a real tiebreaker when someone's managed to get the drop on you, and/or your path is blocked by a few guards and firing your rifle would draw too much attention. Infiltrators in particular can use them very effectively, what with the cloak and all.

I'd guess the SMGs will be primary weapons, high rate of fire, fairly high accuracy, fast reload, but low damage, limited range and high recoil. I'd be very surprised, and quite disappointed, if they replaced the pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Pistols account for about a quarter of my kills. They're excellent, a real tiebreaker when someone's managed to get the drop on you, and/or your path is blocked by a few guards and firing your rifle would draw too much attention. Infiltrators in particular can use them very effectively, what with the cloak and all.

I'd guess the SMGs will be primary weapons, high rate of fire, fairly high accuracy, fast reload, but low damage, limited range and high recoil. I'd be very surprised, and quite disappointed, if they replaced the pistols.
    oh they wont replace anything, I was merely hoping to have an smg instead of a pistol. Im more of a spray and pray man, ysee.

Also, do you recommend any pistol mods?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Also, do you recommend any pistol mods?
    Torch ("flashlight")

Because it's useful. But not so useful you want it's "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M OVER HERE RUNNING THROUGH THE DARKNESS THAT I'D OTHERWISE NOT BE VISIBLE IN" cone of light over and above lasers / grips. Also, buy a torch once and you have it for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Torch ("flashlight")

Because it's useful. But not so useful you want it's "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M OVER HERE RUNNING THROUGH THE DARKNESS THAT I'D OTHERWISE NOT BE VISIBLE IN" cone of light over and above lasers / grips. Also, buy a torch once and you have it for everyone.
    so the silencer is shit?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Torch ("flashlight")
    You can't be serious.

For pistol there is only one accessory you want, and it's laser sight. Because when you pull out a pistol it's CQB 90% of the time and don't tell me you're going to ADS.

Only exception to this rule is bad Infiltrators who think their stealth is actually stealthy. Those can get the silencer and hunt for stragglers or something.

I got the silencer for theVX6-7 for my Light Assault, primarily. Couldn't see shit for difference with or without it, but I'd love to get someone to test it out with me sometime. To me, the muzzle flash is just as large, and the sound is no different, as far as I can tell. Might be that I don't show up on the minimap when firing, though.

Testing required, I feel. So if someone has a NC or TR character on Miller, maybe we could check it out sometime?

Speaking of infiltrators: one change I'd like to see, just to try it out, is how infiltrators would work if their stealth "energy" only dropped while moving, and if they were entirely invisible while standing still (which _I believe they are, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Speaking of infiltrators: one change I'd like to see, just to try it out, is how infiltrators would work if their stealth "energy" only dropped while moving, and if they were entirely invisible while standing still (which _I believe they are, right?).
    well, as much as the predator atleast.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

You can always kind of see them, like Quanta said similar to the Predator creature in the movie. I think though if it was always active when they're stationary it would make it far too easy for them to get around the place without risk. I like the fact that as an Inf you can't get around an entire base while cloaked and you have to plan your route from point to point while moving cloaked and the sense of urgency and risk when your cloak wears off and you're left exposed while it recharged.

Ah, maybe you misunderstand my intention. The cloak nanites would only regenerate when the cloak is off, but wouldn't be consumed unless you're actually moving. It would make them better suited as spotters/scouts. Also, removing the spot voice callout when cloaked, or maybe giving them a spotting tool of some kind.

I believe there was something like that in Tribes 2, where you could paint a target with a target finder, and your teammates would get a reticule on their HUD, so that if they aimed at that with whatever artillery type wepon they were using, they'd hit the target. Something like that might be fun, at least for infiltrator players. Not sure how much fun it'd be to be on the receiving end of that...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons"

I really hope that means HE tank guns will have longer reload times, because it does seem that right now the HE guns are better than the other simply because you do not really loose that much anti tank damage and infantry are one of the main threats anyway (also rewards alot of exp when killed). Picking HE shells really should put you in a disadvantage if you face enemy tanks.

I also hope they change the Zephyr/Dalton on the liberator so the Dalton loses most of its splash and really becomes a tankbuster, while the Zephyr loses most of its armor damage so it becomes a infantry killer. More specialized weapons instead of one thing kills everything. Much like the AA weapons are completely useless against anything but air, especially the Skyguard who really could do with at least being able to damage infantry...

Otherwise what i really look forward to is that capping bases becomes more important, for example I would like to see a base with a similar function to techplants bur for air. Maybe not the only place that is able to spawn liberators as that would have minimal effect but the base could be the major provider of air resource. So if we are fighting the TR and they have a massive air-force we could do a commando raid and cap that base and it should severely hamper their ability to spawn new aircraft.

I would also love to see influence having more of an impact, something like increasing/decreasing the spawn time for a base, so if you have high influence at a base/area you can respawn faster than if you are ninja capping with very low influence. This would make capping around a enemy stronghold provide more of a bonus, and an effective way of assisting the zerg. It would also make cutting deep into enemy territory risky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There was something like that in the beta I believe, but I think it was removed before launch.

Ah, maybe you misunderstand my intention. The cloak nanites would only regenerate when the cloak is off, but wouldn't be consumed unless you're actually moving. It would make them better suited as spotters/scouts. Also, removing the spot voice callout when cloaked, or maybe giving them a spotting tool of some kind.

I believe there was something like that in Tribes 2, where you could paint a target with a target finder, and your teammates would get a reticule on their HUD, so that if they aimed at that with whatever artillery type wepon they were using, they'd hit the target. Something like that might be fun, at least for infiltrator players. Not sure how much fun it'd be to be on the receiving end of that...
    Oh Im pretty sure theyll add in a laser painter at one point, it must work especially awesome in a game of this scope. Of course, there should be downsides, like only medium range, etc.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications