Page 55 of 217 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4337
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Somewhat Halo-ish isn't it? TR is very Stormtropper-esque. Cannot be a concidence. I like the general shape of the VS helet, but would like to see a full-face visor on it. Don't really like seeing the human bits of Vanu characters.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I ended up buying the Protoss(?) helm for my medic because it was the best looking of the helmets and actually covered the whole face. The other full face Vanu ones all look a bit meh.

I actually think that new open face one looks kinda cool though, the shape of it is pretty awesome.
    The NC one looks like it should be a Vanu one, or like the Death Mask from Mass Effect 2 and the TR one looks like a mix between Fallout's Brotherhood helmets and Star Wars Storm Troopers.

Those flashing lights on the lib would be cool on a gal, if only because it makes it look kinda awesome when you'd be loading people up, almost like lights on a runway or something. I'd never want a pilot to use it while in the air though.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yeah, it's a big flashing sign saying "shoot meee, I'm over here!!!" But you can turn it on/off mid-flight which is good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Never use it in the air? Pah!

Load up 3 gals, all with Lumifiber.
    Commence terrain-following flight to enemy held drop zone.
    Approx 5 seconds before drop, lights on.

Impact on the enemy would be brilliant.

Network Hub
    not that an incoming Galaxy is easy to miss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't want to be that arsehole, but the TR and NC helmets look a lot more interesting than the VS one... :'(

Whether or not you like them, they are quite different, gives you another option, whereas the VS one is just a glowy, bulked-out variation on the default helmet. Having said that, the protos helmets are fking cool (though perhaps a bit unimaginative, they are very close to the default inf helmet), so cannot really complain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Either the desync bug is back or they fucked up bursters. Just spawned a burster max and roughly 80% of my shots did not do any damage.
    Also I got a headshot instakill from a rocket pod. Or dear god...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Either the desync bug is back or they fucked up bursters. Just spawned a burster max and roughly 80% of my shots did not do any damage.
    Also I got a headshot instakill from a rocket pod. Or dear god...
    Mine were working this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Don't want to be that arsehole, but the TR and NC helmets look a lot more interesting than the VS one... :'(

Whether or not you like them, they are quite different, gives you another option, whereas the VS one is just a glowy, bulked-out variation on the default helmet. Having said that, the protos helmets are fking cool (though perhaps a bit unimaginative, they are very close to the default inf helmet), so cannot really complain.
    actually, the helmet that looks like an inf helmet for every class, is pretty fucking awesome.

also, I really wish they would go more cyborg/hard scifi with the vanu instead of keeping them human scisoldiers.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 24-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Yeah, that's the Protos helmet. Shame it's only a faceplate, and that it doesn't take camo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, the helmet that looks like an inf helmet for every class, is pretty fucking awesome.

also, I really wish they would go more cyborg/hard scifi with the vanu instead of keeping them human scisoldiers.
    Indeed, it feels a bit disappointing that the TR and NC ones have more of a crazy conceptual thing going on. Want more weird asymmetric glowing sensors!

Here's another idea for you, SOE. You can thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, that's the Protos helmet. Shame it's only a faceplate, and that it doesn't take camo.
    actually, it has a ridge on the sides for the HA that is camoed.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, it has a ridge on the sides for the HA that is camoed.
    That's the HA's default helmet peeking through.

Yeah.

ah. well thats lazy.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Harrasser is on the test server. Has a MAX rumble seat and can equip MBT secondaries + a gate diffuser, but that might be a temp thing.

e: Oh and Lumifiber too.

New MAX weapons are in. VS AV one is the 'Starfire' and looks to be dual Lancers. Flamethrowers are in too, and there's a 'Warp to Hossin' button on the gate display. It doesn't do anything yet though.
    Last edited by cfftble; 25-04-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Harrasser is on the test server. Has a MAX rumble seat and can equip MBT secondaries + a gate diffuser, but that might be a temp thing.

New MAX weapons are in. VS AV one is the 'Starfire' and looks to be dual Lancers. Flamethrowers are in too, and there's a 'Warp to Hossin' button on the gate display. It doesn't do anything yet though.
    That's awesome, I'm gonna update at get on the test server tomorrow then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post

the new max weapons are ludicrous. i'm half-hoping that we're being trolled hard with full-damage dual lancers (cof is shit, but still). also, the harasser is awesome. 100 kph top speed with racer, and 125 with afterburner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    O.o Dual lancers. I really need to go and check what they gave the NC. I start to fear it will be dual phoenix or something.

Dual Phoenix, now that would be really odd.

I do like the sound of having one lancer on each arm, though.

Network Hub
    On http://planetside-intel.com/ you can look up your stats and figure out what your best weapons are and what enemy weapons kill you most often. I'm not sure what makes the site different and/or better than the ingame stats window, because I never really used that. I also had to refresh after my first visit to get all my own weapons to show up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Harasser + Saron? Woop