Page 56 of 291 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 5814
    Network Hub
    We'll have to wait for the final version of the harasser. People who tested it said it had a very soft suspension, making the use of turrets very wobbly; which definitely would make the saron inefficient to use.

Edit: re lancer max: according to reddit, a single 'lancer' arm of the vs max deals 2/3rds of the damage of a real lancer, so going dual lancers is the way to go. I also think that besides the damage, all the other stats were carried over exactly, so at the moment the max lancers also have the same hip-fire accuracy, which makes it very inaccurate. But that'll surely change.
    Last edited by meloncrab; 25-04-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://imgur.com/a/WJlVo New VS max cosmetics, Ogre Armor looks kinda spiffy

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    We'll have to wait for the final version of the harasser. People who tested it said it had a very soft suspension, making the use of turrets very wobbly; which definitely would make the saron inefficient to use.
    Naa just slow down to fire or take your chances... It should not have a too stable ride because blasting at 100+km/h while shooting MBT weapons would be a wee bit iffy.

Really hope the fix the empire specific ant infantry weapons as well, would love to have a harasser with a PPC on the top as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    so, did a quick look through the new max weapons.

NC: AV-turret like wired missle.
    TR: Double barreled missle launcher. Fast reload.
    Vanu: Lancers.

NS: Grenade launcher. <- this one scares me. A 4 clip grenade launcher that shoots frag grenades. Their damage much be a little less, but not by much. Hard to aim, bounches around a lot, but still.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I just hope they prevent NS weapons for maxes to use the Max special abilities... Saw a short video of a max upgraded lockdown burster max.... ouch ouch ouch ouch.

But yeah the new NS Max Weapons have a potential to be a wee bit gamebreaking if they are not careful with the balance. Max + Ammobox + Grenadelauncher = permanent explosion spam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/WJlVo New VS max cosmetics, Ogre Armor looks kinda spiffy
    That was a rather hulking beast. So we've got ogre armour and wasp-armour then, do we?

And that Xenoxous helmet was really nice!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man I really hope they make the new Max abilites only work with the faction specific weapons... letting the TR have lockdown dual bursters gives them access to a extremely powerful AA platform that the NC can never match, even our ZOE thing will probably not be able to match, sure might give a dps boost but will also make us more vulnerable and not give us the important projectile velocity boost...

Don't worry, the NC will get a nice riot shield which can be destroyed by a few rockets. And then they wonder why NC maxes stick to the biolabs..... Ah well, I was hoping to get at least 1 NS ranged type of weapon. Soemthing that would give us at least a better option at range, but it seems we will be sticking to dual burtsers as anti infantry on range.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well the shield looks pretty damn cool at least. Riotshield maxcrashes are gonna look awesome. That is something at least

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Well the shield looks pretty damn cool at least. Riotshield maxcrashes are gonna look awesome. That is something at least
    We didn't go to nc for fashion...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    NC maxes still has more then double the effective DPS of the others. Just learn to close the gap and you will win. With the shield you will likely be able to walk forward covering eachother as well.

I haven't played pretty much at all lately due to DOTA 2 fever and the fact that performance for me is a bit shit, and I dislike what they've done with the capping mechanics right now as it seems a bit weird without the lattice in.. Can't make stratgir tonight either.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I made a thread about this yesterday: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...eapons.119826/

it's not getting any traction, so please fix that, people.

Also, if ANY of the new vehicle weapons make it into the game like they are atm, the vehicle side of ps2 will be completely dead. They're beyond op/broken. The NC thing takes down a sundy/tank in 6 seconds or so, and a lockdown burster kills an esf in a second.

Last edited by qaz; 25-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ofcourse they are not final, they do not have final addons, final sounds, final anything... Hell they are acting wierd as hell.

The lockdown mode however... that is worrying and tbh like i said earlier the max special abilities should not work with any NS weapon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yeah, agreed. ZOE and lockdown both will be impossible to balance around both AA/AV and AI usage. ES weapons only is the right thing to do.

sounds like fun, but probably breaks the game.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well, this is not good info then. :/ I want my falcons back though.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Does anyone remember if (I think they said so) and when they are going to rework scout rifles? Put my Artemis out of the locker today just to put it back in again.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

They where reworked last week. So they should be more or less be final now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Ah, okay. Still not really convinced if the Artemis was worth it.
    Seemed like a better idea when I bought it. Back then when SMGs weren't on the horizon.
    Last edited by bonkers; 26-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-