Page 57 of 287 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 5724
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Has anyone used the Nyx after GU7?

Network Hub
    I'll try to remember to get it out for a spin this weekend. Not used my Nyx since getting an SMG

I don't know, but especially after the buff, I think snipers with bolt actions or the Nyx may be a viable option to suppress HAs and Engies with AV turrets.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have started to use the Ghost with a silencer (medium ranged bolt action) it is pretty sweet with a 4x scope on it. Flank and kill enemy heavies/engineers who are busy shooting tanks.

I try to do that with the Parallax. I try to stay back and to the sides, counter-snipe infiltrators, and take out heavies and engies. The AV hit box though is kind of weird. No collision in the barrel, and the sides seem to be wider than the model.

ATM infiltrators seem to be the only viable class for suppression fire. Perhaps also engies with battle rifles after the buff (I think that a heavy with a battle rifle is a waste of someone who could be pushing the attack). The rest of the small arms don't do enough damage, and those that do have terrible first shot recoil multiplier for the VS. Especially for the attacker, it is a waste of time and manpower to just sit back and hope that some of the pot shots will get someone.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 26-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah parallax for staying at a distance and the ghost for getting in fairly close. Like 50m and supressor.

As for supression fire, really wish we had a proper grenade launcher type weapon for a max so that we could launch grenades up onto hills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The Nyx seems nice from what I tested in VR. But the Ghost is cheaper and almost just as good. Although the Nyx has less (none?) scope sway.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nyx is semi auto though, Ghost is a bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    The Nyx seems nice from what I tested in VR. But the Ghost is cheaper and almost just as good. Although the Nyx has less (none?) scope sway.
    Nyx is like a M1 Garand, a semi-automatic rifle. It has no scope sway. The Ghost is more like a M700, a bolt action sniper rifle for short to medium distances. In game that is modeled with scope sway and the need to hold your breath by holding SHIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    As for supression fire, really wish we had a proper grenade launcher type weapon for a max so that we could launch grenades up onto hills.
    In a couple of weeks you're probably going to regret writing those words. Get into the PST VR room and test the MAX grenade launchers. The only weapon that has already caused cries for nerf without even being released yet.

Perhaps they should tighten small arms' CoF at range? That way small arms fire would be a threat, Engineers and Heavies wouldn't just stand spamming rockets at tanks, and then tanks would be viable again, without though becoming too hard a target to take down once you have a shot at them. Don't make the target harder, make the opportunity.

Edit: Maybe that would also solve shotgun spam. The way it is now, the risk of closing up to OHK enemies with a shotgun isn't that great. Tighter rifle, LMG and carbine fire at range would mean that shotgun users would think twice before trying to close the distance just by rushing.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 26-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The new grenadelaunchers are nothing like what I wanted though, they are close combat grenade spam weapons. I wanted something like the pounder, fury, bulldog esque. To lob shots outdoors over mid range to get them ontop of a hill camped with heavies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Heads-up: SCU Shield changes on test servers

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...stment.120344/

The generators that control the shields which protect the SCU room are now gone. We are trying out a new system where the shields will go down based on the percentage of capture. Currently, they will go down when the enemy capture bar is halfway full. If the defender retakes the point, they need to bring the capture status back below that percentage to restore the shields.

The idea behind this change is to stop attackers from disabling the spawn too early, which can cause the fight the end and in some cases never happen. This will give defenders time to recover or react to a facility that is under attack.

Known Issues:
    There is no messaging of when the shields are disabled. We will be adding some VO audio to indicate when these shields go down in the near future.
    This should change the game quite a bit, in fact. No more skirting the points of bio labs, and when resecuring an AMP station, the attackers will have a back entrance into the facility, until defenders are back up on "their half" of the recap. Should be interesting.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ooooh I like that, really changes the fights for these places. Actually turns it into a fight for control points. Hopefully techplants etc will get more than one cap point though.

This is gonna be a huge problem with biolabs though... they really need to change the way the defenders spawn there for this to work. They just have too easy access to the entire base. No SCU Shield to max crash... Though it will force them to defend all points and not just the SCU... well gonna be interesting. Much more "battlefield conquest" type play for bases.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 26-04-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Network Hub
    New updated version of the Indar lattice system.

"The main idea here is to more accurately encompass the combat area of the regions so that the population charts/map filters and hotspots work better with the new regions and give more complete information. With the smaller regions / larger neutral zones players weren't physically in the regions they were fighting over in a lot of cases. This also meant people not getting XP, not knowing the status of the facility, etc. These people could be very close to the base, fighting on nodes, but not technically in the "region" because of the previous region shapes. Right now we're trying to solve the gameplay problems first and deal with the graphic design problems afterwards.We're working on a couple other visualizations, including just showing links."

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Nyx is semi auto though, Ghost is a bolt action.
    Ah right. I mixed it with the other sniper rifle. The semi one, rather cheap. Can't remember the name. Liked it a lot (in vr at least)
    Last edited by bonkers; 27-04-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Right now we're trying to solve the gameplay problems first and deal with the graphic design problems afterwards.We're working on a couple other visualizations, including just showing links."
    Is it just me or does there appear to be a lot more territory around the TR warp gate third of the map compared to the NC or VS?

Zealot Overdrive (new VS MAX special ability) and Flamethrowers:

ZOE is enabled after the first minute mark.

Prepare for MAXside...

I cant wait for ZOE. aa maxes with those will be a blast.
    Still not convinced on the double lancer thingies for max. Too inaccurate for my taste.
    -remove spaces-

Is Zealot Overdrive the Planetside 2 equivalent to Quad Damage? That looks insane and more than a bit overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
    Is Zealot Overdrive the Planetside 2 equivalent to Quad Damage? That looks insane and more than a bit overpowered.
    To be fair, the above seems to be a bug when using ZOE with Flamethrowers. Still, as someone wrote in the PS2 subreddit, "So this is how it feels to be a NC MAX"