Page 59 of 219 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4377
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbonius View Post
    I also enjoy when we sit and defend a base to distract resources away from stopping the VS zerg.
    Defending Mani Bio Lab against wave after wave after wave of TR attacks springs to mind...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    And we are the biggest vanu outfit of Miller. And second largest outfit on miller, period.
    SYND is what DIG and CONZ used to be before the culling. As for us, this shows that what we do impacts VS and the server as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    PCG is seemingly more dedicated, with higher average XP, Killcounts and BR, and almost half online in the last 7 days.
    PCG IMHO is not that good, per se. But they are an integral part of a tightly knit alliance. The moment they are in trouble, they will receive immediate support. So it is rare for them to find themselves in a position where they are farmed.

Both these points I believe highlight the need for tighter cooperation with other outfits. It starts with informing them about our plans, it goes through coordinating strategic objectives, and it must reach a point where we coordinate on the ground tactically. And I have to say it: no more "We are doing our thing", when other outfits request for help or suggest a plan. We are the largest Vanu outfit. Our actions and inactions play a disproportionally huge part on how Vanu on Miller perform, and in the end how we enjoy the game as gamers who have Vanu characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    SYND is what DIG and CONZ used to be before the culling. As for us, this shows that what we do impacts VS and the server as a whole.

PCG IMHO is not that good, per se. But they are an integral part of a tightly knit alliance. The moment they are in trouble, they will receive immediate support. So it is rare for them to find themselves in a position where they are farmed.

Both these points I believe highlight the need for tighter cooperation with other outfits. It starts with informing them about our plans, it goes through coordinating strategic objectives, and it must reach a point where we coordinate on the ground tactically. And I have to say it: no more "We are doing our thing", when other outfits request for help or suggest a plan. We are the largest Vanu outfit. Our actions and inactions play a disproportionally huge part on how Vanu on Miller perform, and in the end how we enjoy the game as gamers who have Vanu characters.
    Also note that PCG seems to be kill based, not objective based. Hence we win in teamwork of reaching server goals.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Last night was a great example of TVA cooperation. We were doing some filming for a TVA video and when we needed a big group, RPS and most of the other member outfits turned out in for force a massive gal drop (over 100 people) which was awesome.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    So as we had the discussion yesterday concerning C4 and blockade armor:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...e_armor_sundy/

As it seems rank 3 and 4 make a huge difference, requiring 4 c4 to blow up a sunderer.
    I will head to VR right away and try to confirm. Stay tuned.

*edit*
    Yep. Bloackade armor 4 will require 4 c4 (that's a lot of 4s) to blow up a sundi (from any direction). Three c4 will not even make it burn (although only the slightest additional damage will)
    So blockade armor 3 should require three c4 to blow up a sundi. With that a single LA will not be able to blow up a parked sundi on its own.
    Sadly, level 4 also is (as many high level certs) is 1000 certs. But level 3 can be achieved rather easily.

Getting blockade armor might be a good idea when parking it in positions where you can cover the ground level approach (engineers) more easily and people will come for it in the death from above manner. Especially since it also gives additional protection against ESFs and Libs main as well as secondary weapons.

All we need now is a way to remove planted mines. Didn't SOE mention that they are working on this?

Agreed, I have changed over to blockade armor because mines are not the biggest threat anymore. Sure running over a minefield will kill you, or if an engineer gets close with mines and a grenade but rockets + c4 kill my sunderers far more often and is what I use to kill enemy sunderers. If you are running a battlesundie it is extra important because the main threat is going to be pheonixes and strikers. And hell a 3 man sunderer can kill or disrupt far more infantry than 3 infantry dudes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Holy shit 'murica. You guys make RPS look small and exceedingly casual. At least double the average play times and much higher average XP/Br, with actives approaching or exceeding our total. Do these outfits wind up effectively being the faction on their servers?
    Yes. And from what I hear it seriously pisses off smaller outfits because they find themselves absolutely forced to work with whatever outfits has grown to be 80% of the outfitted players in a faction...

Re: Culling inactive players.
    I've yet to hear a convincing argument as to why. The only benefit I can see is that is means outfit stats will be more generous to us. To be honest, I don't care much about current outfit metrics. We have made good friends in VS Miller who appreciate the work we do and know we can be exceedingly capable and we are known to enemy outfits as much more than a 'zergfit'. Being known for our in-game actions is vastly more important than how we appear in metrics

We exist to be open to new players. New players are not 'filtered' in the way other outfits do. they can join whenever, rather than during specific times, and don't need to make any kind of 'application'. I fail to see the difference between a player who hasn't played since January popping on at 7pm, saying hi in Mumble, being given a squad to join and hopping in and a player who hasn't played since January saying hi on Mumble, waitig for an outfit invite, joining a squad and then hopping in.

If we ever start making the process for joining us more difficult (something I am absolutely against) then culling can be something we do. I see no need nor point for it right now.
    Last edited by Cooper; 29-04-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Comparison of RPS/RTRS/PCG.

RTRS would seem to be struggling a little, with pretty low numbers active.
    I'd reckon a fair amount of our numbers are vanu alts... On this note, im culling many inactives, any vanu scum who get caught up in the kickings can rejoin the next time they play with us
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Agreed, I have changed over to blockade armor because mines are not the biggest threat anymore. Sure running over a minefield will kill you, or if an engineer gets close with mines and a grenade but rockets + c4 kill my sunderers far more often and is what I use to kill enemy sunderers. If you are running a battlesundie it is extra important because the main threat is going to be pheonixes and strikers. And hell a 3 man sunderer can kill or disrupt far more infantry than 3 infantry dudes.
    see? Ive been saying this for quite some time now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    see? Ive been saying this for quite some time now.
    Me too, everyone has been too busy with shouting mineguard for everything though

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Me too, everyone has been too busy with shouting mineguard for everything though
    now I just have to be wary of lowflying libshredders. im so trying that next time.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well the blockade armor gives some protection from that as well =)

true. I still have a long way to go for the last armour upgrade.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    I'd reckon a fair amount of our numbers are vanu alts... On this note, im culling many inactives, any vanu scum who get caught up in the kickings can rejoin the next time they play with us
    Well that culling had some effect on numbers, as far as I see.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Network Hub
    some of the new Test Server changes

Network Hub
    GU08 Tomorrow! And some weapon changes particularly for attachments.

Kind of sad that 6x scopes have sway now, but perhaps it was a bit overpowered with BRs. Can't wait for Harassers, tankier tanks and finally a fix for the continent warp bug!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Seems we get the ugly ass Max gun, that makes me sad. But hey the Comet is good now so Ill be sticking with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, seriously, what is up with the model on the new Whatchamacallit?! Looks like something I can't even find words for. All the original VS-specific MAX weapons look like badass crab claws, at least before they moved one's viewpoint so that you can see the hands of the suit inside. But this piece of crap?! Nah, I'm out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Vanu designed weapons all look so dull and boring

How do you make laser weapons look dull and boring. That doesn't even look like a MAX weapon, it looks like something an Engineer or HA could carry and use.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

wait, isnt the buggy coming in GU8?

nm, just found it.

Im more annoyed by the new Vanu helmet looking like a cheap dirtbike helmet.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 02-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Vanu designed weapons all look so dull and boring

How do you make laser weapons look dull and boring. That doesn't even look like a MAX weapon, it looks like something an Engineer or HA could carry and use.
    Only good feeling VS weapons are Lasher and Lancer honestly.

Well and shotguns, but it's just shotguns.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!