Page 6 of 276 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I really would like normal carpet bombing. Bombers man, not gunships, bombers!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    The silencer for the pistol works for all classes, and it has no drawbacks, so I think it's worth getting even though it's not drastically quieter. I do a lot of infiltrating and scouting and flanking though, so I'm fairly biased towards even slight advantages in stealth.

Other than that, I've not tried any. THe laser sight may be useful, particularly as outside sneak attacks with the Infiltrator, pistol fights tend to happen when you're out of ammo and strafing like a loon. But I've not tried it, and you'd probably be better off getting a laser for your favourite rifle.

Infiltrators can be given away by the shimmering Predator-style outline, especially if they walk in front of a light source. But if they stand still, they're noticeably harder to spot. It's only really useful when someone's walking or driving past though.

Having infinite motionless cloak would be fun, but I think it would make life a bit too easy. Worse, it'd likely encourage the tedious, not-all-that-useful camping. Plus a permanently cloaked spotter would be practically impossible to counter.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 10-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    The silencer for the pistol works for all classes, and it has no drawbacks
    At least the tooltip doesn't say it does... but since 97% of text in PS2 is nonsense, who knows?

Wait what? isnt the silencer less damagy?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I've certainly not noticed any difference. Killed a heavy with it in a 1 on 1 just today, too. I play as NC though, which may be significant, although I doubt the Terran pistol would suffer much from a reduction either, what with burst fire and all.

who cares about the terran or nc pistols, vanu pistols, son! vanu! the true god!
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Well, if there is a damage reduction for the silencer, it'd be the Vanu who'd feel it most. The NC's raw power would still be strong with it, and the TR wouldn't care because they spray three bullets at a time anyway. If you're Vanu, sure, you can put a silencer on your hairdryer. Whatever, mate.

learn to aim, then you can make claims of grandhood ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    He doesn't need to, he just has to hope one of his Samity Sam missile bullets hits you.

Banned
    Why would VS players even switch to the pistol? Your weapons reload so fast that this should never be an issue.

Because it's faster switching to the pistol than the reload for any weapon.

I do this regularly and have quite a lot of kills with the default Vanu pistol. It's actually not too bad (although I'd love to get my hands on that fast shooting TR jobby)

I just bought the second vanu gun for the fuck of it. I will try it out on TR heads.
    - Tom De Roeck.

NC guns are in fact very accurate. You just need to fire single shots. The first shot with just about any weapon will be good, and I've sniped my share of careless infiltrators with the LMG. The temptation to keep the trigger pressed in a firefight instead of cooling it and making shots count is usually what kills an NC heavy assaulter.

That or getting too cocky with the close-range rocket fights. Bloody hovertanks.

Anyhow, nothing against the RPS NC outfit, just that most we meet on miller have such horrible fucking aim, its almost comedy.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Exploit finally gone. Didn't even know it was explottable. Encountered it several times but only heard people talking about it being reproducable.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/288455706288463872
    http://games.on.net/2013/01/bans-iss...eploys-hotfix/
    Last edited by bonkers; 11-01-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Great news it is.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    NC guns are in fact very accurate. You just need to fire single shots.
    Well, to clear things up, first shot when ADSing and *not moving* will be more accurate for most NC weapons. In practice you generally want to move in a firefight, so it's kind of a moot advantage.

(The NC6 Gauss Saw of all things is an absolute winner here - it literally has no deviation *at all* on first shot when standing still and ADSing; slap the biggest scope you can find on it and... well you won't kill anything really but it's fun to pretendsnipe with an LMG for fifteen minutes)

erm... sorry... noob here. What does ADS mean?

Apart from not knowing abbreviations, I bought the GD-F7 and for me personally this feels way better than the standard carbine. I think it has a lot to do with personal preferences.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I really can't wait for the patch to his so I can change the squad colours. I have a really difficult time telling the difference between two of them without straining my eyes and more often than not I end up following the wrong squad before I realize it. Also which there was a way to make player names bigger, perhaps if it showed up in a tool tip in the hud, because tiny brown writing against a desert background does not make for an easy read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I really can't wait for the patch to his so I can change the squad colours. I have a really difficult time telling the difference between two of them without straining my eyes and more often than not I end up following the wrong squad before I realize it.
    This is very true, as last night's run again made me realise. Charlie and Delta squad colours were very difficult to tell apart for me on a quick glance and I had to ask several times where I was supposed to go (which was a bit embarrassing).