Page 62 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, people were all "Where was the warpgate rotation with GU08"

Apparently, forgotten by accident https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/330159598176718848

So, back to good old Indar southwest. Pretty sure it's my favourite (Quartz Ridge!). I'm a little disappointing that I've personally done very little fighting over Mao while being in the north, it looked interesting for a fight. We will hold less territory though, due to the northern chunk of the map being so much bigger.

Back to not-so-great Amerish North-west. Split peak pretty much off the cards unless going for a lock, and Lithcorp providing a solid defense for the enemy right outside our gate (while being pretty hard to defend attacks coming from Onatha).

And back to Esamir south-west. Esamir is pretty monotonous, so can't really recall what that means. More fighting over Glacier Valley, less over Fish/Saerro. Although still plenty of that.
    Last edited by CMaster; 03-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Probably to fix the problem with people repairing and then switching seats which creates a permanent repair effect. If 2 people do that on the harasser it is pretty much indestructible.
    The better fix would be to do something about hot swapping. It's too easy and too rapid and has always been a bit of an issue.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    So, back to good old Indar southwest. Pretty sure it's my favourite. I'm a little dissapointed that I've personally done very little fighting over Mao while being in the north, it looked interesting for a fight.
    Think this is a time-of-day thing, because I fought TR for it almost every. goddamn. day. Can't wait to never see it or Howling Pass ever again.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Probably to fix the problem with people repairing and then switching seats which creates a permanent repair effect. If 2 people do that on the harasser it is pretty much indestructible.
    That's one hell of a bug!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Think this is a time-of-day thing, because I fought TR for it almost every. goddamn. day. Can't wait to never see it or Howling Pass ever again.
    Ha, we're always fighting TR more often cuz they're more aggressive, and less likely to retreat. I doubt that will change with the update, but at least we can be to push north on the western flank and attack camp connery. As for esamir ... beeline straight for eisa and then saerro should be standard strategy

Edit: what happened on esamir? we're in the top-left. i thought we'd return to our home in the lovely south.
    Last edited by qaz; 03-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Edit: what happened on esamir? we're in the top-left. i thought we'd return to our home in the lovely south.
    Nooo! I was looking forward to all the fisting. Glad they remembered to rotate anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well more interesting places to fight in the top left than top right but Esamir is kinda wierd with all the bottom right being so uncontested. Was looking forward to going back south for esamir really :/ guess they forgot Esamir rotated the other way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Pfew. Free 30days of premium membership. SOE is really going for the old users. Hopefully it will bring some back for longer then 30 days.

Also premium memvbership is down to 9.99 per month. Tempting. Does anyone know the math how much per day one has to play that membership makes sense? Won't have much time to play during the next months. Maybe one or two hours per day on average. Maybe even less, like about 1 hour. Would a membership make sense or should I wait for the next tripple cash sale and spend 30 bucks there instead? I have still some stuff I would like to buy, especially some cosmetic stuff which I won't get with certs.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Is that what the loyalty bundle was?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Is that what the loyalty bundle was?
    Nope, the loyal soldier bundle is a camo for Infantry/Weapons/Vehicules (purple for Vanu of course)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    To get that bundle do I just need to log in to my SOE account? Or do I need to actually do something to claim it?

I'm neck-deep in a freelance job at the moment and have no time for gaming (if I'm not working on my Mac, it's rendering).

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    To get that bundle do I just need to log in to my SOE account? Or do I need to actually do something to claim it?

I'm neck-deep in a freelance job at the moment and have no time for gaming (if I'm not working on my Mac, it's rendering).
    When you login, you get a notification, click on it to claim it. Warning, it seems to be limited to one per account, so use it on your main character.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It should not be limited. That is unintentional and will be fixed, according to Higby. It's given to anyone who've spent Station Cash before the 3rd of April, apparently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You only claim it once, but the camo appears on all your other characters too. Guessing it works like giraffe camo - you buy it once and can use it on every character.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Hmm must have to login to the game in order to do that - logging into account on my Mac didn't seem to generate any kind of notification.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Did you buy anything with SC before 3rd of April?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    I always thought the ability of an infantryman to go toe-to-toe against a tank was a little unrealistic (for a given definition in a game with lasers and hovertanks). If an infantry column runs into an armour column without any prior knowledge in a real warzone, 95% of them will die. It seems like the devs would rather players feel like they have options, but that really kind of forces tank drivers to feel underpowered I think.
    I wish they'd make tanks cost twice as much but be three+ times as durable. They'd be scarier and force the player to think about the resources in the game. I so rarely go to a vehicle terminal and can't pull something because I'm resource starved. Maybe it's just the way I play?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you pull sundies you will kill your tank resources pretty darn quickly.

Network Hub
    Yea I like it that way, too. You have to make a choice between more infantry or more tanks. I think the Sunderer and the Galaxy are good where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    I wish they'd make tanks cost twice as much but be three+ times as durable. They'd be scarier and force the player to think about the resources in the game. I so rarely go to a vehicle terminal and can't pull something because I'm resource starved. Maybe it's just the way I play?
    Lots of us have been saying this ever since beta. Sadly, it keeps falling on deaf ears. Tanks should matter as a force multiplier both in presence and absence.