Page 64 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 6088
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    That is entirely true. Slip of the mind, apparently. Too many Us and Bs.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    No, we don't but we can fix them up with something. Maybe a squad channel of their own, if they want to play with us? That way, they could use our SL-to-SL coordination and get a RO too if they want. Or did you mean the "allied commanders" channel?
    Yeah. Basically, they're not sure when they can get on the TVA TS, so in the meantime they'd send a liaison on mumble.

I can arrange a channel that is the equivalent to a RO channel in our current setup, so that anyone who wants to can send a liaison to our Mumble server. They'll be listening on on our PL-to-RO chat though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd wager that that'd be too annoying for a liaison, as things can get pretty chatty. I reckon a separate channel that we set up a whisper to would work? Or something else?

Edit: Ha, i just found this on reddit. No more wondering 'where the hell is the SL we're supposed to follow' when they madly switch their lumifibre on and off.
    BJt2C50CQAAkk-t.jpg
    Last edited by qaz; 08-05-2013 at 12:31 PM.

wait theres lumi for infantry??
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I'd wager that that'd be too annoying for a liaison, as things can get pretty chatty. I reckon a separate channel that we set up a whisper to would work? Or something else?
    One problem; how do they know where to whisper?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not sure. Let them whisper to command?

See, the way things are set up whispers are forbidden between any channels, except what is explicitly allowed by the rules for each channel, meaning that adding another channel which everyone can chat to means one of two things:

1) Add another level between the outfit root and the platoon channels (as it was a week ago or so).
    2) Add one more rule to EVERY channel we have so far. (around 70-80 channels in total). <== not very attractive

Personally, I had no real problem with the extra channel layer we had before, but removed it due to peer pressure. If people are okay with adding this back in, then that could be a workable solution. Whispers to individuals is one way to go, but that requires a new person every time, most likely.

One thing we could do is add a channel beside our Supreme Giraffe channel. And add the extra rule that people in that channel are not allowed to Speak (use PTT). They would still be able to "Whisper to current and linked" and thus be heard in all platoon leader channels, they would also hear platoon leaders "whispering to current and linked" but nothing else. Platoon leaders can "whisper to parent and subs" to talk to their ROs without bothering or allies. Everything our SG says will go to allies too, though.

There's something to wrap your head around, if you can!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/331856391419596801

Sounds promising, killing spawnroom shields and painfield once the SCU goes down, lowering cap times slightly and only giving access to the SCU once a base is 75% capped. Should make base fighting more interesting, but really hope they have an idea for fixing biolab meatgrinders.

Yes, should be interesting. Agree on the need for biolab fixes, though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Apparently the vortex is getting buffed... still a useless weapon though since it adds nothing to the battlefield. I mean the Fracture adds a whole new weapon type for the TR. A high RoF Dumbfire rocketlauncher, so pulling a max adds that. The NC gets a mobile guided missile platform with their ravesn, not completely new but quite different from what they can field otherwise What do we get? Same bloody weapon we already have, why pull a max with lancers when you can just pull heavies that are smaller targets and free?

Tweaking the damage of the vortex will not change anything, the weapon still does not add anything new to the battle, it needs a brand new mechanic unique to the weapon to be of any interest. It also needs to me much more versatile than the current iteration is.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I refuse to get the vortexes ... ever. They look silly, and a charge weapon on a max is just lame. Also, the comet actually does better damage, at least before the patch it did.

The vortexes are getting buffed pretty hard, Patch notes from SOE:

VS MAX Vortex balance tweaks have been made:

• Increase damage fall off start range by 100 meters (300-400)
    • Increased charge 1 damage from 85 to 105
    • Increased charge 2 damage from 200 to 245
    • Increased charge 3 damage from 415 to 490
    so the damage has been increased as well as the effective range.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Now I really don't see why anyone should get the comet. It was barely better in some scenarios (close up av fights, which happen like... never) but now with the buff... pretty much useless.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Looks a little hard to make out who controls exactly what in some places but it's sure pretty.

Think I could get used to it fairly well.

Yeah its a return to the planet side 1 system which worked pretty well so yay!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is that the new map? Looks amazing, I'm all for that. The devs did mention that they were saving a lot of changes for when they overhauled the map system, so if it functions as good as it looks it should be a massive improvement to the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    So pretty!!!!

Plus the new system is the route to the new continent and with it the inter link facility. Now is a brilliant time to be a PS2 gamer. Especially with RPS!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Looks a little hard to make out who controls exactly what in some places but it's sure pretty.

Think I could get used to it fairly well.
    Only, that you can change collors yourself, to what you like. Purple and that bright red is really hard to discern. Pink, Light blue and Bloody Red, easier.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!