Page 69 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 5515
    Activated Node
    There was a small patch that day, and the servers went down at about the time of the spike, maybe downtime causes spikes in the graph?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So bad news and good news. You lost indar cap and you won't need to defend indar cap.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Yup, unfortunately I've seen some people already state that after this and the forward TR population % growth they're "taking a break from the game". Which of course means that by contrast the TR pop % will grow further.

Would be nice for SoE put Miller as a favoured server again (or whatever it's called) or a merge. I can see open transfers being more of a problem as NC/VS may leave if they put in the tools to move to any server.

How/When did it happen ? Was it ghost cap during the nights, or usual "TR has x2 or x3 population so let's steam roll" ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    It's the usual indar cap.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    How/When did it happen ? Was it ghost cap during the nights, or usual "TR has x2 or x3 population so let's steam roll" ?
    I logged off just after midnight (UK time) last night, and we had plenty of territory then. So it must have been something in the early hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I see this as an exciting opportunity for Miller VS. We have long been under pop'd and punched above our weight. Now with the lattice system coming in we have a chance to show the other two factions that we can still cap a continent (hopefully not on the nightshift!). I'm looking forward to closer inter-giraffe cooperation on a squad level so that we can continue to take down BRTD, FU, INI, etc.

On the subject of TacGir, it seems like there's a lot of appetite amongst the outfit (at least those on the forum) for more squad play but I think we perhaps need to just get on with it and fuss over naming, timing, convention, etc. a little less. I'm happy to lead a squad like this but at present think there's enough to work on at a squad level that I wouldn't want to tie that in with other objectives (such as taking territory or coordinating closely with other squads). I don't know if others feel more confident to do it all at once but I think if we're doing squad play we should perhaps be content to just pull off effective manouevers, even if they don't achieve anything at a strategic level - that can come later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    This is clever and a good point. This is what usually gets me whenever I try to elad a TACGIR squad.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As before, taking indar during prime is almost impossible. We can try, but i have my doubts. Nevertheless, this is a bullshit move by the TR. As usual. Does anyone have any more information?

Network Hub
    It was 3am, I was SL'in about five people, we were on Amerish fighting an even pop. We start a cap on Mekala, TR vanish, by the time we finish the cap and move it's 15/70 VS:TR or so on Indar. We balance that out to 30/55 and grab Scarred Mesa, fill it up with a few squads, but then lose all our territory and have the shit hotdrop'd out of us. We lose it w/ a territory population of 35:65.

3 am... /10

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yeah. i expected nothing else. how many people did they drop on skydock? also, i heard they were using vs alts for stuff, any truth to that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    yeah. i expected nothing else. how many people did they drop on skydock? also, i heard they were using vs alts for stuff, any truth to that?
    Heard that too, mainly for repairing destroyed terminals.

The free-to-play model biting us in our arses again. Really not very fond of the fact they opened accounts up to having several characters on the same server. But with F2P it doesn't help much, of course, given how easy it is to create a new account...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    If they want to take the game that seriously I say let them. There's many things in this game I think people should ignore for the most part

1) Kill Death Ratios
    2) Battle Rank
    3) The Lock
    3.a) Defending the Lock at night time
    3.b) Taking the Lock at night time

The Lock can be a nice goal to work towards, but if you're doing it at 3am in the morning and using alts to repair broken terminals to let your own guys hack them again I think you might be taking the game a bit too seriously.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    40-50 I think, maybe a bit more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    The free-to-play model biting us in our arses again. Really not very fond of the fact they opened accounts up to having several characters on the same server. But with F2P it doesn't help much, of course, given how easy it is to create a new account...
    Be happy that they can make multiple characters on the one account, because if they did have to do it on two accounts they both would do it and then they'd be able to multibox or just alt tab between clients and you could have the same guy repairing with his VS solider, hitting alt tab and then hacking with his Infiltrator right away.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    If they want to take the game that seriously I say let them. There's many things in this game I think people should ignore for the most part

1) Kill Death Ratios
    2) Battle Rank
    3) The Lock

The Lock can be a nice goal to work towards, but if you're doing it at 3am in the morning and using alts to repair broken terminals to let your own guys hack them again I think you might be taking the game a bit too seriously.
    Lock, territory, connectivity, and alert XP are all nigh-on meaningless. Every time a SL takes us over to ghost cap a base for reasons other than provocation, I want to strangle them. The only thing that matters is keeping your squad entertained.

(BR does kinda matter though. Score/hour increases almost linearly with BR)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

1) Kill Death Ratios
    2) Battle Rank
    3) The Lock

I agree. The lock is a prestige thing, nothing more, and capping it this way is not prestigious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    We actually should do more of the "lets just piss off the TR" kind of stuff
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-