Page 73 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 5515
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    I seem to remember someone saying the ZOE and Lockdown buffs didn't apply to the NS weapons like the burster, but we'll probably need to check in game to be sure.
    For lockdown it's a reduced buff I believe, 35% at max level as opposed to 50%. Didn't think the ZOE had a differential bonus though? Will pop on the test server and check.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    For the Burster, Lockdown's a 35% ROF boost which gives you a fixed 120-degree arc of fire. ZOE is a 20% damage boost with no such restrictions. ZOE is going to hurt a lot more.
    Hmm, think I'll be getting my Burster MAX out a lot more then. Use it fairly regularly but have usually only manage to scare ESF's away with a quarter health left, ZOE should hopefully allow me to finish them off before they can run.

The fixed 120 degree arc could be a major weakness if you can get the drop on one from behind, depending on how long it takes for them to exit lockdown. I reckon we'll start seeing 3-4 lockdown MAX's deployed in a triangular of square formation if they know whats good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz
    Also, if you see a locked down fracture max in your tank, you have to kill it immediately or you will die.

Oh god, didn't even think about Fracture MAXs on lockdown.
    Last edited by Loki_MGF; 22-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    The new abilities will need balancing. Lockdown and ZOE both work with AV/AA, and i really think they shouldn't. I hope we're going to see lots of people abusing these powers fast, so SOE can get around to balancing stuff out. Also, if you see a locked down fracture max in your tank, you have to kill it immediately or you will die.
    With respect to ZOE, it depends on whether they rebalanced strafe speed, and fixed the bug where sprinting before activating it would make you run around at MAX-charge speeds.

If they didn't, I'm gonna have a fun few days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Or hiding in corners, covering doorways etc. They used to be a PitA back i the PS1 days, I remember. But ours had jet packs, so that wa okay.

Network Hub
    I also note that Concussion and Flash grenades have been toned down and now have had a gradient to the effect withing the weapon's radius.

Maybe I'll concuss myself a little less now, on the other hand I'm now more likely to run into unconcussed enemies...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    lol, tr is trying to cap indar right now...

Edit: They might actually get it, and it would be a triple cap. gah.

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    With respect to ZOE, it depends on whether they rebalanced strafe speed, and fixed the bug where sprinting before activating it would make you run around at MAX-charge speeds.

If they didn't, I'm gonna have a fun few days.
    I wish we'd still have hyper-speed, lol. That stuff was pretty glorious. But judging from test, both the sprint and strafe speed have been toned down.
    Last edited by qaz; 22-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, there has been some worry over this rather dramatic change. To me, this seems like a pretty good change, since I'm personally not very fond of feeling like I "have" to lead the giraffes on the merry-go-round to ghost-hack all the bases around the larger facilities, to make it harder for the enemy to attack/defend the big one. I'm hoping this will lead to a bit more incentive to defend, and to more fights in the open between bases.

I'm a bit worried for how the TR overpopulation on Miller (most often 2 TR players to every Vanu player) will affect the game after this change.
    Yeah, it might lead to more value being placed on defending certain facilities, and that would be nice to see. Though more populated bases will mean FPS' might take a hit. Though, also, may encourage more large scale teamwork. Which puts outfits and their server influence at an advantage over the masses... I guess it's just a bit of a shame that the compromise means loosing the old territories.

Also, what you say about Miller TR is very true. It's a daunting thought that their typical numbers advantage might serve them even better with this system... Still, TVA have proven on more than one occasion that they can give TRAM a run for their money. Perhaps closer geographical proximity will expand on that even more.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Network Hub
    Strafe speed on test is still pretty good, so if they haven't moved from that I'm happy.

A few things that haven't really been mentioned: first, ZOE + dual Vortexes is pretty much the best anti-MAX and anti-armour weapon in the game. PS2Calc hasn't been updated yet, but they put out ~500dps raw, which becomes 750dps vs MAXs and 1,000dps on vehicles. A Sunderer melts in just over seven seconds. It will get nerfed to shit the moment people start using it.

Second, the greatest strength of ZOE is giving you the ability to dodge rockets and shells. Kinda like the Magrider is the best tank because it alone can do this, so is the VS MAX now.

Third, turning on ZOE gives all your weapons giant purple glowly tracers.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    cfftble, check your pms, i sent ya one. also, yes ... lockdown/zoe + av will be bad. both fractures, comets and vortices can kill incredibly fast, especially if you have two maxes (2 fracture maxes kill a tank in about 4s when locked down. Same for 2 zoe vortex maxes, and this will get nerfed if people use it).

Network Hub
    Update: qaz was right, the Vortex has a x1 multiplier against MAXes, not x1.5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Start updating, gents, 2,1GB download.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Concussions "nerfed". Depends on how much the duration actually got reduced and how much there is a change by distance to impact.

• All concussion effects will now correctly check line of sight.
    • All concussion effects will now scale down based on distance from the impact point and how exposed the player was when the grenade went off.
    • The duration of the concussion grenade has been reduced. This duration will now scale down slightly based on how far the player was from the impact point.
    Also PPA and Saron got quiet some changes. We need to look into those. Maybe PPA is finally an option.

*edit*
    Ah, didnt check the WAS thread first
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Something I turned out over the last couple of days:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ce_appearance/

An attempt to improve the appearance of the lattice system & convey more information in the ways in which bases are connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Something I turned out over the last couple of days:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ce_appearance/

An attempt to improve the appearance of the lattice system & convey more information in the ways in which bases are connected.
    That is very very nice. I really hope they follow up with that style.

Last line of the patch notes.

• Stopped a jump pad at the Allatum Bio Lab from launching you into a tree

Just makes me laugh for some reason.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Beautiful map by Cooper
    Wow, that's awesome! I don't have a Twitter account but can someone draw this to the attention of SoE? I really want this to be accessible in-game.

All it needs is to tell us which bases have step free access for wheelchairs.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Obscure Node
    I got lumped with the 98% loading screen glitch tonight. Restarted the PS2 client 4-5 times, no joy. Restarted steam, no joy. Tried validating my game files through Steam... "2096 files failed to validate".

Well, that'll be all of them then. I'm currently on 7% of what appears to be a full reinstall. WONDERFUL.

- Funnel

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnbeast View Post
    I got lumped with the 98% loading screen glitch tonight. Restarted the PS2 client 4-5 times, no joy. Restarted steam, no joy. Tried validating my game files through Steam... "2096 files failed to validate".

Well, that'll be all of them then. I'm currently on 7% of what appears to be a full reinstall. WONDERFUL.

- Funnel
    I got that, then a 15% bug, then managed to start the client, but it wouldn't login, then the same thing happened again. And yep, 2096 files failed to validate. *sad high five for the 'screwed by gu09' club*

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Don't know if anyone else has pointed this out but last item at the end of the patch update notes:

"Generators can not be overloaded without territorial adjacency"

Hurrrah hurrah and hurrah, goodbye those people that just fly around farming xp by overloading generators miles from anywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    *sad high five for the 'screwed by gu09' club*
    I got that bug too but this might have fixed it:

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files

Source for this fix: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-patch.124660/

The might have is because I can now get past 98% but I get stuck on logging in. There's a good chance that's just because the login servers are overloaded as everyone seeks to play Indarside. I thought it worth posting now just in case this helps anyone before I can verify if it's a login server issue.

Update: yup, this works but it destroys key binds in the process as that's in one of the .ini files.
    Last edited by WallyTrooper; 22-05-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: More info
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!